Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

u bot furniture bey?

furniture all along buy liao.

havent send here nia. cos still empty ma.

only got the 2 barcelona chairs to sit lor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haiya, dun hack liao la. its not necessary although it will make the whole toilet looks nicer.

actually i think there shd be those stick-on types. maybe u can ask yeak.

but the downside is there will be a slight depth which might collect dust.

as for the common bath, i would suggest u do a basin cabinet.

u said the Lady likes alot of storage ma right? haha..

just do one in a shade she loves :D

tried finding the closest shade i could for u lei!

Ahahaha .. As always, thanks for the advice New! And also thanks for the picture to illustrate and visualise.

Will see what we can work out for a simple basin cabinet. :) Sigh! Spend more $$$$ liao... haiz!

Alternatively, instead of hacking (which will cost you more moolah damage) you may want to consider 'pasting' a narrow strip of stainless steel. The 'pasting' has to be done with industrial glue.

Do let me know if you are keen to get a customized stainless steel contact.

BTW, your house is looking good.

Reiki Thanks! Its nice to hear from you and appreciate the idea of the s/steel strip. I guess that one sure beats hacking! :)

I'm really appreciative for your wire management tips. In the meantime, I've tried to minimise trunking and power points as much as possible, but there's just some areas that I can't - Like the TV console, cos' I've decided to get an off-the-shelf one instead of custom-made.

Thanks for the tip Booy. I took a look at the solid core ones. Really nice.

I think for the whites and blacks, the most common choice colour looks like Piano White and Black.

I like their wood grain ones too. But not sure if it'd look nice for the wardrobe. For the wardrobe, I think I'd like something similar to yours - full height glass sliding door; or like storms - full height mirror. Wifey not so keen about the latter tho' cos' she thinks its not good if the children sleep facing a mirror.

Anyways, once the house is more or less done up, you're welcome to pop by since your place is just about 5 minutes' walk away. :)

I like the Piano white a lot! Really regret that I didn't take that for one of my cabinets... So if you can afford, really must take a bit of solid core.. Agree that it's wood grains are good, EDL are not bad as well..

If you want full height glass sliding door, then have to make sure you close it carefully.. I have 2 metal strips to support it and I'm still very careful..

I passed by yest, and was thinking when I can pop by your house to kpo.. haha..

I like the Piano white a lot! Really regret that I didn't take that for one of my cabinets... So if you can afford, really must take a bit of solid core.. Agree that it's wood grains are good, EDL are not bad as well..

If you want full height glass sliding door, then have to make sure you close it carefully.. I have 2 metal strips to support it and I'm still very careful..

I passed by yest, and was thinking when I can pop by your house to kpo.. haha..

Heya Booy,

I realised solid core would be too ex and beyond budget. Especially since alot of my carpentry are in Piano White. Somemore reno budget's like bursting at the seems already with a couple of VOs here and there. :(

I usually pop by the house in the evenings after work, or on Saturday mornings so let me know if you wanna pop by lah. Now its still in much of a mess though. Ehehehehe! :)

great progress there. AJ if u are using piano white do seriously consider solid core for obvious areas. otherwise hor the black joint line will really stand out. but then again if u dun mind seeing the joint line, u sort of get use/immune to it after awhile.

FALSE CEILING & PARTITION UPDATE 2 - 27 to 31 AUG

Let there be light! After over a week of no lights, the electrician has fitted almost 3/4 of the downlights for the entire unit's false ceiling. Good thing too, so we could have our meeting yesterday evening under bright lights instead of using the improvised fluorescent light tubes we brought!

lightsceiling1012.jpg

Kitchen sewage pipes have been boxed up. Next step is to tile it up so that it'll be a uniform white look for the entire kitchen.

lightsceiling1010.jpg

Partition between MBR and Kids' Bedroom and Wardrobe created to make a neater passageway has been done up.

lightsceiling1001.jpg

Toilet Bowl, Storage Heater and Shower Mixers installed. I hate those ugly sewage pipes, but can't do anything about it or else no one can shower there if its boxed up. Also, to avoid having too many interlocking s/steel hot-cold piping, and to flush neatly with my MBR mixer, the temp settings for my MBR shower is now 'reverse' - Meaning, hot = cold; cold = hot. I'm gonna find a way to swap the red and blue buttons somehow.

lightsceiling1006.jpg

great progress there. AJ if u are using piano white do seriously consider solid core for obvious areas. otherwise hor the black joint line will really stand out. but then again if u dun mind seeing the joint line, u sort of get use/immune to it after awhile.

Thanks for the tip Ivy. I guess like you said, with time I'll be very immune to it one lah. So I won't let it bother me too much. :)

The additional costs for solid core is quite hefty - Like additional $150 per sheet of laminate. The kitchen cabinets already require like 7 to 8 pieces ... so that's like er over $1K difference. Can channel to more entertaining stuff lah I suppose. :)

Edited by adrian_john

Thanks for the tip Ivy. I guess like you said, with time I'll be very immune to it one lah. So I won't let it bother me too much. :)

The additional costs for solid core is quite hefty - Like additional $150 per sheet of laminate. The kitchen cabinets already require like 7 to 8 pieces ... so that's like er over $1K difference. Can channel to more entertaining stuff lah I suppose. :)

If budget constraint, then I guess no choice.. I'm still drooling over it.. haha... Wait till your house is more or less done up, then I go kpo.. :)

PAINTING WORKS UPDATE - 1 to 4 SEPT

Most of last week was devoted mainly to painting works to the whole unit. All the raw, dirty walls and debris have been painted over and cleaned up, leaving the Living/Dining area extremely bright and white; I feel I need to wear shades in the house. Too much white's not really my cup of tea cos' I like darker and bolder colours, but the Wife and Mother's definitely happy. :)

painting1008.jpg

Moving onto the rooms. Some colours appear combined with light beige. There's a tinge of cool lime for the wardrobe & kids' room. While the MBR has some orange for the TV partition wall.

painting1009.jpg

painting1004.jpg

Just a minor complaint about the paint work - When the painters painted my main door, they painted over the top and bottom metal door latches that secure the smaller portion of the main door in place. This has caused the securing latch to be stuck, and it'll be quite tough to remove the paint on it. I guess I'll just find a new one instead.

After the took the floor protectors away. It sure looks like the house is getting closer to completion.

Just left the following to be done before the main bulk of the reno is complete:

- Installation of Air-Con Fan Coil Units (Scheduled this Wed, 9 Sept)

- Grinding of Parquet Floor and installation of some additional skirtings around new partitions (Scheduled this Thurs, 10 Sept)

- Installation of Room Doors (Glass and Veneer) - TBC

- Completion of Wiring and Electrical (Remaining lights, ceiling fans, switches and LAN points) - TBC

- Installation of Window Grilles - TBC

- Carpentry Installation: Kitchen Cabinets, Wardrobes in All 3 Rooms, Dresser, Bathroom Vanity Tops - (Scheduled to start from Friday, 11 Sept)

Edited by adrian_john

i hope you are not keeping that orange on your walls

dont tell me your fengshui master recommended it

Nah. I don't follow feng shui and the orange is to act as a contrast to something else.

So no I won't bother to change it thank you very much.

aiyoooo why dont check fengshui

bad luck many years how???? u know wad is non alignment??

anyway orange is a v bad choice for wall

should take my advice seriously