Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

wa ur place really very 'clean' w all the white!!!

i can sense ur sadness w the lack of colours. haha....

dun worry, i donate my artwork for u to hang.

i guarantee its gonna be **** colourful!!

Aahahahhaa, New knows me so well.

Yes, the lack of colours is indeed depressing - Too clean and sanitised like clean room! Ahahaha!.

But I'm sure I'll figure out something to 'offset' it lah. :) Your artwork would be most welcome to be displayed!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wei wei wei

You guys dun copy someone and come here and rape adrian's blog leh hahahahaha :P

Coffee: Dun worry, there is only one person that rapes people's blogs on this forum.

I think his nick speaks for itself lah. :)

PAINTING WORKS UPDATE - 1 to 4 SEPT

Most of last week was devoted mainly to painting works to the whole unit. All the raw, dirty walls and debris have been painted over and cleaned up, leaving the Living/Dining area extremely bright and white; I feel I need to wear shades in the house. Too much white's not really my cup of tea cos' I like darker and bolder colours, but the Wife and Mother's definitely happy. :)

painting1008.jpg

the mental image of you wearing shades in the house is abit funny :P

if its too starkingly white, perhaps u could paint a coat of paint which is white based, but still has a tinge of colour?

maybe morning dew kind of colour? gives the place a warmer colour... not sure if its feasible with your theme tho...

Aahahahhaa, New knows me so well.

Yes, the lack of colours is indeed depressing - Too clean and sanitised like clean room! Ahahaha!.

But I'm sure I'll figure out something to 'offset' it lah. :) Your artwork would be most welcome to be displayed!

come come, tell me wat image u wan, i paint for u.

I know paint a big big HUAT AH !!! on his living rm ceiling with red red paint hahahaha

think his wife and mum will faintz looking at the ceiling hahahah :P

Edited by coffee_o

Haha, that guy is back~. I think he's one confused dude. There was once he commented in someone's blog why that guy so cheena. Then now sae "better follow chinese tradition". hahahaha

AJ: Ur reno seems fast! Painting already completed liao woh. :) Nice orange btw, very refreshing. :)

eh u dun 'Hai wo' hor!!

i very pure one, no hidden meaning!!!!

New ar, your innocent words somehow always give people wrong ideas one hor?

Kekekeke! :P

Hmmmmm ..... fashion-related illustrations would be nice! :P Or illustrations/icon rendering of John Lennon / Audrey Hepburn / Marilyn Monroe / James Dean / Elvis. Actually, if I could, I'd put alot of Alberto Vargas paintings around, but too bad lah, got kids so must censor abit. ehehehehe! :)

Edited by adrian_john

I know paint a big big HUAT AH !!! on his living rm ceiling with red red paint hahahaha

think his wife and mum will faintz looking at the ceiling hahahah :P

Ahahahahaha! Like that I really won't need Fengshui to 'HUAT' oredi! :P

I must do kim kim goot goot ceiling lah. Learn from New's style.

the mental image of you wearing shades in the house is abit funny :P

if its too starkingly white, perhaps u could paint a coat of paint which is white based, but still has a tinge of colour?

maybe morning dew kind of colour? gives the place a warmer colour... not sure if its feasible with your theme tho...

Heya Beany.

Seriously, when I went to the house on Sunday when it was quite sunny and hot. I really cannot look at the white walls too long cos' its too glaring. Not used to it. :P We did consider those other white shades lah. But in the end, wifey says plain white is the best. Clean, neat and easy to touch up. Yeah right, wait till the kids start running and jumping around. I did use Orchid White for one of the rooms though.

Glad to see your place is more or less ready. When will you be moving in? We should meet up one of these days when you're in the area. :)

I'll surely miss the convenience of our current location.

Haha, that guy is back~. I think he's one confused dude. There was once he commented in someone's blog why that guy so cheena. Then now sae "better follow chinese tradition". hahahaha

AJ: Ur reno seems fast! Painting already completed liao woh. :) Nice orange btw, very refreshing. :)

Heya Angel.

Welcome back. Hope you had a good break! Thanks for your compliments on the Orange. Some colour's always better than having an entirely white house! :)

People are people lah. You get all kinds of them in every forum.

Time does pass by fast. Its been slightly over a month now and I'm also quite pleased with the progress so far as most of the major stuff's pretty much done.

The carpentry should be coming in end this week or early next week, so I guess we're on schedule. *Fingers crossed* :) I think I better start getting down to packing. I haven't packed or started clearing stuff from my present place yet! :)

Oh BTW, wanted to ask for some help with recommendations for blinds.

In particular, I'm looking to get a set of blinds that can withstand and block out rain for my balcony.

I realised once it rains and with the strong winds, my entire balcony floor will get wet.

I was thinking of a roller bamboo blind with PVC or other waterproof material on the side that faces the open, or if possible, simply a blind made of material that can repel water (Like those awnings in private houses).

Any suggestions and ideas are most welcome.

Thanks! :)

Heya Angel.

Welcome back. Hope you had a good break! Thanks for your compliments on the Orange. Some colour's always better than having an entirely white house! :)

People are people lah. You get all kinds of them in every forum.

Time does pass by fast. Its been slightly over a month now and I'm also quite pleased with the progress so far as most of the major stuff's pretty much done.

The carpentry should be coming in end this week or early next week, so I guess we're on schedule. *Fingers crossed* :) I think I better start getting down to packing. I haven't packed or started clearing stuff from my present place yet! :)

Harlow! Thanks! :D

Hee, confirm. I also wanted a more colourful house, but was rejected by my hb. haha :D Could only fight for a yellow feature wall in living rm and purple in bedrm. Other than that, it's white. :P

Wao, after carpentry it'll be to tie up the loose ends and then HO liao. haha, so faster start packing woh!

mine too...hubby want to keep it plain and simple and i love colours....my previous house had lots of colours and i think it looks cheerful...

slowly trying to add more stuff liao...guess now the only things i can add is decals....mine facial room paint very patchy liao....gonna do one more round painting before i put decals up....that's the only room he will not stop me from decorating the way i want...hahahahaa

Oh BTW, wanted to ask for some help with recommendations for blinds.

In particular, I'm looking to get a set of blinds that can withstand and block out rain for my balcony.

I realised once it rains and with the strong winds, my entire balcony floor will get wet.

I was thinking of a roller bamboo blind with PVC or other waterproof material on the side that faces the open, or if possible, simply a blind made of material that can repel water (Like those awnings in private houses).

Any suggestions and ideas are most welcome.

Thanks! :)

hey AJ, if i'm not wrong, outdoor bamboo blinds all have a piece of plastic or waterproof material on the outer layer - @ least tt was what the guy @ the curtain shop told us; so outdoor bamboo blinds would be good for keeping the rain out, provided its full length. personally, we like the bamboo blinds look too :P

as for those with can repel the wind... hmm, tt will be a challenge. not sure whether the outdoor blinds are heavy enuff to stay down even with strong wind. indoor bamboo definitely flies... maybe if is a catch which can keep them down, it would help