Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

urs is the actual marble floor. The ones i had is broken marble. :)

Can just polish n keep, save u a lot on hacking and re-tiling!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
marble flooring - i like!!! another thing to convince my htb le..

ya good. but for me, cannot, it is slippery when wet. and mu mum likes to mop floor one.

wow i dun think this is broken marble bah.., this is the actual marble right? someone confirm? hehe

so lucky, i wish my ex-owner did marble too, at least can polish. my ceramic floor cannot polish lor... sianz

:) Yours is marble itself. It doesn't look too bad. I'm pretty sure it can be ground and polished. :) The one at my bf's house was WORSE and they managed to make it shine. :)

SAVE MONEY! yay! I think if you're not doing your floors/windows there shouldn't be a problem with you living inside. However, one of you must always be at home... AND you need to make sure there's plenty of food at home for that person cos the person can't leave the house.. and can't cook... :P

I see i see. I learned something new again. Actually I picked the better looking ones (next to the balcony) to take the picture. :rolleyes:

Umm.. so we can still stay within the house during the reno. We are thinking if we should rent a room and move there for 2 months during the reno. Hehee. But the problem is.. we got so much barang barang, I doubt 1 rented room can hold them. :bangwall:

urs is the actual marble floor. The ones i had is broken marble. :)

Can just polish n keep, save u a lot on hacking and re-tiling!

I guess we will just polish them if they are still 'polish-able'. Can save $$ and think quite wasteful to hack them also.

Did you keep your broken marble?

marble flooring very good and expensive. can just polish. if not, will be wasted. unless u really dislike it. :D

Didn't know its so good and expensive. How much is it to do such flooring?

We quite like it cause its very cooling to the feets after a day of walking. So most likely will keep and polished, unless its condition doesn't permit.

marble flooring - i like!!! another thing to convince my htb le..

Nice to hear that someone else like the marble flooring also.

Just to share my experience, I think this type of floor is quite prone to stainings. There was once I dropped a piece of cha siew from my wanton mee. I picked it up in less than 1min. But the floor is still stained by the wanton mee sauce. I am not sure if its because my flooring is already too old so more prone to staining.

I wonder if there is any 'protective layer' / seal for such marble flooring. Anyone know?

I guess we will just polish them if they are still 'polish-able'. Can save $$ and think quite wasteful to hack them also.

Did you keep your broken marble?

its something diff (thou some say it old fashion, haha!)... we kept it becos it was really a better choice to just re-polish. Save a lot of hacking cost!

Wah, marble!! LUCKY U... How I wished my ex owner had used marble or at least homogenous.. Mine is like ashes02, ceramic.. But not in a good condition la.. Hahaha..

Anyways, think u should keep it if it's not dat bad la.. Save money.. Unless it totally cannot fit into the theme u are creating la..

I think there should be a protective coat bah.. Should have one if not it'll be hard to get rid of stains man..

I like ur marble's colour! It's really easy to match with any other colours (unlike my beige/brown marble). Check with your contractor if your marble is polish-able anot. They'll advise you on the conditions. However, just be prepared for the natural cracks in the stone. For mine, after polishing, afew little cracks appeared. Our contractor told us that since marble is natural stone, it'll have cracks in them. So after polishing, where they polish off a thin top layer, sometimes cracks will appear. If the cracks are little, they'll be able to plaster it up. But not all, esp the big ones. :)

Hope you have a smooth reno process, and show us more pics! :P

its something diff (thou some say it old fashion, haha!)... we kept it becos it was really a better choice to just re-polish. Save a lot of hacking cost!

I think most people will just do homogeneous tiling for living room nowsadays. If not for my current place, I don't think I know i can do marble flooring. And after stepping on them for the past 1 yr+, I really think its nice to have marble flooring in a warm climate area like Spore. Really smoothing to step on them.

1 disadvantage thou, I remember there was once when its raining real heavy and very cold. I just don't feel like coming down the bed cause I think the floor is going to very cold to step on. :P

I saw your reno picture. The flooring doesn't look old fashion to me. Hee..

Got your contacts. I will keep them and start brainstorming on the designs first. Thanks again for sharing! :yamseng:

Wah, marble!! LUCKY U... How I wished my ex owner had used marble or at least homogenous.. Mine is like ashes02, ceramic.. But not in a good condition la.. Hahaha..

Anyways, think u should keep it if it's not dat bad la.. Save money.. Unless it totally cannot fit into the theme u are creating la..

I think there should be a protective coat bah.. Should have one if not it'll be hard to get rid of stains man..

Thanks. Guess the flooring is there to 'compensate' the lack of government gas piping. :D

Yes, indeed very hard to get rid of the stains currently. So I am hoping that the current condition is due to the 'protective' layer being worn out. But I read somewhere that people use bleach with paper towels to 'suck' such stains out. Maybe I should play test with it since the stainings are already so bad now.

I like ur marble's colour! It's really easy to match with any other colours (unlike my beige/brown marble). Check with your contractor if your marble is polish-able anot. They'll advise you on the conditions. However, just be prepared for the natural cracks in the stone. For mine, after polishing, afew little cracks appeared. Our contractor told us that since marble is natural stone, it'll have cracks in them. So after polishing, where they polish off a thin top layer, sometimes cracks will appear. If the cracks are little, they'll be able to plaster it up. But not all, esp the big ones. :)

Hope you have a smooth reno process, and show us more pics! :P

Hi Angel81,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The colour is greyish so once its stained, the patches are going to be very obvious. Like the wanton mee sauce. Your beige/brown marble is good also, at least the stainings won't be that obvious.

I didn't took any pictures of the terrible flat conditions at the time we first took over cause the whole place was in a big mess and pretty dark. Being quite a timid person, I was afraid that the pictures might capture something weird / strange and my imagination will run wild. Hee... i know i am silly. :D

Can I check with you, if your marble have a top coating like a seal protection or something? Mine seems very 'raw' / rough now. Not sure if the polishing include such a thing.

I think most people will just do homogeneous tiling for living room nowsadays. If not for my current place, I don't think I know i can do marble flooring. And after stepping on them for the past 1 yr+, I really think its nice to have marble flooring in a warm climate area like Spore. Really smoothing to step on them.

1 disadvantage thou, I remember there was once when its raining real heavy and very cold. I just don't feel like coming down the bed cause I think the floor is going to very cold to step on. :P

I saw your reno picture. The flooring doesn't look old fashion to me. Hee..

Got your contacts. I will keep them and start brainstorming on the designs first. Thanks again for sharing! :yamseng:

pple rarely do marble flooring now is becos of the high price tag! that's why usually only see it being used in condos. My mum also reminded me that the marble floor can be very cold during cold mths, she dun really like that part of it after staying in a house >10yrs w marble flooring, but we can always get bathroom slippers mah! :rolleyes:

Gd luck on ur reno search ya!