Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

First time posting on my own t-blog... kinda lost of what to post also :D

Will be getting our keys next week and have also started reading some reno thingy in RT. Would not say it easy doing reno...

Oh before the reno hits... I have this question in mind maybe some kind soul can help me... we will be going for our 2nd appt next week and when we purchase the house with valuation + COV. We paid 2k to the seller and what happen to the balance COV?? Do HDB pay the balance COV to the seller?? :unsure: (PS: We loan from the bank and the bank lawyer ask us to issue a cashier's order to HDB.)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
First time posting on my own t-blog... kinda lost of what to post also :D

Will be getting our keys next week and have also started reading some reno thingy in RT. Would not say it easy doing reno...

Oh before the reno hits... I have this question in mind maybe some kind soul can help me... we will be going for our 2nd appt next week and when we purchase the house with valuation + COV. We paid 2k to the seller and what happen to the balance COV?? Do HDB pay the balance COV to the seller?? :unsure: (PS: We loan from the bank and the bank lawyer ask us to issue a cashier's order to HDB.)

CONGRAT!! hope to see ur floorplan & reno pic soon :)

BTW, COV is in cash leh. The balance will be paid in cash, minus the 2K you hv paid lor.

This is the extra $$ u willing to pay out of ur pocket. HDB will nt interfere. HDB only make sure ur CPF is deducted to pay the flat valued cost. Or mayb urs is special case: i.e. bank loan is taken for COV purpose, bank needs to pay to HDB then HDB represent to pay seller. (more secured to bank, in case the $$ is anyhow spend, not to pay COV instead)

Oh, how much COV u commited?

Edited by rdnest

CONGRAT!! hope to see ur floorplan & reno pic soon :)

BTW, COV is in cash leh. The balance will be paid in cash, minus the 2K you hv paid lor.

This is the extra $$ u willing to pay out of ur pocket. HDB will nt interfere. HDB only make sure ur CPF is deducted to pay the flat valued cost. Or mayb urs is special case: i.e. bank loan is taken for COV purpose, bank needs to pay to HDB then HDB represent to pay seller. (more secured to bank, in case the $$ is anyhow spend, not to pay COV instead)

Oh, how much COV u commited?

WOW!! Thats fast for a reply.. you camp the reno t-blog chat ah :D

Floorplan at home le... can only upload tonight (If I remember :P)

As what I thought so too.. COV should be pay in cash. Our COV is 7K and we paid 2k to the seller via cheque during the OTP process which also indicated in the OTP form. So now the balance 5K how?? Cause the bank's lawyer say I do not liaise with anyone else except with the lawyer only wor. I have not check with our agent yet on this... I think she also dun know much cause she dun usually deal with HDB house... she is more to pvt property.. How ah?? ;)

congrates on ur new place! :P looking fwd to the pics. :)

Thanks... haha wonder if you remember me I am from SG Brides too :P

Edited by zerochristy

Thanks... haha wonder if you remember me I am from SG Brides too :P

yupz yupz! hehehe, ur nick very familiar. Finally get to see ur tblog. :D

WOW!! Thats fast for a reply.. you camp the reno t-blog chat ah :D

Floorplan at home le... can only upload tonight (If I remember :P)

As what I thought so too.. COV should be pay in cash. Our COV is 7K and we paid 2k to the seller via cheque during the OTP process which also indicated in the OTP form. So now the balance 5K how?? Cause the bank's lawyer say I do not liaise with anyone else except with the lawyer only wor. I have not check with our agent yet on this... I think she also dun know much cause she dun usually deal with HDB house... she is more to pvt property.. How ah?? ;)

Congratulation on your new buy...:) For the remaining COV, you'll have to pay to HDB in either cash cheque or cash during your first appointment. The officer will inform you to go to 3rd floor of the HDB hub and pay the remaining sum at the casher. HDB will then only pay the seller on the 2nd appointment the COV + positive cash proceed if there's any. There's also some miscelenious fees that you need to pay. this the officer will inform you during the 1st appointment...:) you can either refer to hdb website for more info or i can dig through my document this weekend and provide you the details after that.... :P cause i can't really remember what else did i pay.

yupz yupz! hehehe, ur nick very familiar. Finally get to see ur tblog. :D

Actually dun want t-blog one (Lazy) but hor got question to ask lor so I t-blog LOL

Congratulation on your new buy...:) For the remaining COV, you'll have to pay to HDB in either cash cheque or cash during your first appointment. The officer will inform you to go to 3rd floor of the HDB hub and pay the remaining sum at the casher. HDB will then only pay the seller on the 2nd appointment the COV + positive cash proceed if there's any. There's also some miscelenious fees that you need to pay. this the officer will inform you during the 1st appointment...:) you can either refer to hdb website for more info or i can dig through my document this weekend and provide you the details after that.... :P cause i can't really remember what else did i pay.

Thanks :) First appt at HDB we did not pay anything to the HDB office le.. seems like everyone's procedure is different :(

I now hold on to issue the cashier's order to the lawyer cause dun know if they correct or not. If later wrong how ah... the cashier's order got to re-issue again than got charges le SIANZ sia.

Strange le.. how you all reply few post 1 go ah?? I my post is always a new one le. Really dun know how to use t-Blog

Edited by zerochristy

congrats! wooo.... getting keys next week, so excited for ya :) where is your nest by the way? House is in original condition?

Thanks... excited of coz want to take the key and go stright to our new house and feel happy :D

Nest at Bt Pjang... not original condition but move in condition.

Btw are you from SG Brides too?? Cause I remember seeing your nickname somewhere le

Edited by zerochristy

Thanks :) First appt at HDB we did not pay anything to the HDB office le.. seems like everyone's procedure is different :(

I now hold on to issue the cashier's order to the lawyer cause dun know if they correct or not. If later wrong how ah... the cashier's order got to re-issue again than got charges le SIANZ sia.

safest choice is call your hdb officer and ask. You have a letter or some document from him / her during the 1st appointment right? The phone number at the top part of the letter is a direct line to the officer handling your case. You can also email him / her.

Actually dun want t-blog one (Lazy) but hor got question to ask lor so I t-blog LOL

Haha.. Yupz, that's the good part about having a tblog. The forumners here very nice, and will help with the pblms that you may have. :)

safest choice is call your hdb officer and ask. You have a letter or some document from him / her during the 1st appointment right? The phone number at the top part of the letter is a direct line to the officer handling your case. You can also email him / her.

Oh ya hor... why I never thought of that :P Silly me. Hmm tonight go home dig out the letter and get my hubby to call the officer better. :D Thank great help for the moment.. will update what the officer say.

Totally forgotten about the floorplan until this morning :P

Hmm... now I found out I cannot just do a simply click and upload the floor plan here... must we use a hosting website to upload

the pics than link the photo link to RT??

Any other simple way?? I am really bad in this :D

Lets try if can see now...

floorplancrop.th.png

Oh finally can upload... but how come so small... can make bigger???

Edited by zerochristy