Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

then how, the uncle and the plumber got rectify your s/s problem or not? from the pic i saw i was horrified. where got pple connect with plastic PVC and then with the s/s bottle trap thingy?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
then how, the uncle and the plumber got rectify your s/s problem or not? from the pic i saw i was horrified. where got pple connect with plastic PVC and then with the s/s bottle trap thingy?

Not yet rectify we told uncle this on wed when we first saw it... bug him for 2 days liao.. we wait and see... I will update if he got change or not.

Works have not started:

Done-Varnish/touch-up works

Main door

3 bedroom door & door frame

Shoes cabinate

Cabinate under window (Family & Study Room area)

Some Skirting Replacement

Acid Cleaning

If I calculate should be today... Hmmm I got second thought as some of varnish/touch up works not completed yet.

Done-Parquet Floor Sanding & Varnishing

Uncle mention that would be tomorrow start sanding, than follow by varnishing and leave to dry for 1 day if better 2 days.

Done-1 face plate for cable under the TV feature wall

Done-MBR Wardrobe Handle

Rectifying List:

MBR Bathroom - Change pipe to SS and change under the sink piping to SS

Done Fan Regulator - Did not install. We told uncle yesterday and uncle want to escape again... we told him NO NO we buy the fan w the regulator one and its delivered together so MUST install. The very first time we saw his electrician he also mention that he will install the fan regulator under the switch so its Uncle's Business now. I told hubby if uncle want to be funny and escape again and call hubby tell uncle and call me.... I will scold uncle :P

Common Bathroom - Extend a/c pipe to waste hole (this is left down by ex owner)

Done Serivce Balcony - (PS: We purchase soft closing hinge fm Shanghai Tong Lee) Cabinate soft closing hinge have not been install. Cause carpenter say not enough. We did our sums correctly than I went to our MBR and check on the wardrobe hinge (our MBR wardrobe is being mading and install by uncle)... and I am correct they use some of our soft closing hinge to install in the wardrobe. So we told uncle we buy enough for the house and now got some missing but I went to the wardrobe and check partial soft closing hinge is ours. He call the carpenter and yes they use our hinge... so they will replace back for us.

But one part I am glad is that till now we only paid 10% of our package price so I can still demand lots of things else I hold his money :D

Edited by zerochristy

wow, think u hv some share of reno woes :(

Must update us more,k ?

tell uncle Ivan to do good good, cos his work will be found online :D

hehehe...

wow, think u hv some share of reno woes :(

Must update us more,k ?

tell uncle Ivan to do good good, cos his work will be found online :D

hehehe...

Hahaha at frist really cannot tahan the woes now Uncle got do for me :D

Ya ya will update you all... but I think all reno sure got reno woes I think mine is the 10% out of the 100% reno.

Not a big issue and it can be done just see if Uncle Ivan want to do it or not.. if he say cannot then my payment to him also cannot lor LOL :P

Hahahah

Hi All

Uncle just got the electrician to install the crestar fan regulator... Is it normal that the no. 3 is the small wind speed and 1 is the big wind speed for crestar regulator?? Or the electrician dun know how to install??

Hubby say is ok and can adapt to it. I need to know if the fan regulator is made that way or electrician error/dun know how to install. Please advise :)

Edited by zerochristy

abit weird hor

tot it is usually from small wind to big wind :P

think u could ask can b fit or not

mayb it is due to the fan model which setting is oredi liddat??

abit weird hor

tot it is usually from small wind to big wind :P

think u could ask can b fit or not

mayb it is due to the fan model which setting is oredi liddat??

Ya lor its a bit weird lor... Hahah

As me and one of my GF use the same Uncle for our house reno she also have the same problem as me and she did not even complaint to Uncle. She told ne her hubby also say can adapt with it :o

I read somewhere in the RT someone also got this problem and they ask the ID/contractor the got reply like "the regulator is europe made and so its the other way round" :bangwall: Super le... hahah

I did not ask Uncle yet so I want to check around first if the regulator is come in this way. I even told hubby hard to say maybe one regulator is right the other 2 is wrong.. LOL cause I only switch on 1 regulator yesterday evening nia.. the whole house was filled with smell as they have varnish the parquet.

Lets see what other say on this. I wait :P

I call the Crestar company and ask for technical advise :P

Shocking le the lady who pick up the phone say that their fan regulator is made that way :jawdrop:

The 1 is big speed and 3 is the small speed.. the lady claim its special... LL nothing can be done lor.

The lady also find it funny and she keep on laughing on the phone. :dunno: bo bian la

Edited by zerochristy

I call the Crestar company and ask for technical advise :P

Shocking le the lady who pick up the phone say that their fan regulator is made that way :jawdrop:

The 1 is big speed and 3 is the small speed.. the lady claim its special... LL nothing can be done lor.

The lady also find it funny and she keep on laughing on the phone. :dunno: bo bian la

My mum's and bro's ceiling fan also the same - 1 is big speed and 3 is the small speed.

So everytime we need to pull 3 times to get to the small speed. =)

My mum's and bro's ceiling fan also the same - 1 is big speed and 3 is the small speed.

So everytime we need to pull 3 times to get to the small speed. =)

Oh... at least now I know is made this way :P Thanks.

We are not using the pull string so we took away the detachable pull string than will use the fan regulator la :)

Hubby just left the house w MIL and reported back the following which is the latest. I told Uncle a while ago that we will be moving in to stay on Sat night and will lock the gate on Friday evening. I told Uncle I dun want his worker later come in Sat and wonder how come door lock liao :) Opps Btw I found out that Uncle is down with flu OMG my hubby also got flu.. think they caught it among themselves :(

Works have not started:

Done Acid Cleaning & Gerneral Cleaning

Done Under TV Feature wall got a hole for wire to come out, round plastic cover to be install

Done MBR Wardrobe Mirror in the wardrobe itself (PS: We totally forgotten about it) :P

Done Breakfast counter top

Done Fill up 2 hold on the granite floor (this is left down by the ex owner)

Rectifying List:

Done MBR Bathroom - Change pipe to SS and change under the sink piping to SS

Done my Aircon Uncle Common Bathroom - Extend a/c pipe to waste hole (this is left down by ex owner)

We will leave with it ba - Some gap mend but skirting tone did not mend Living & Hallway Area - Some Skirting Replacement but got different tone of shade (Uncle say is like that cannot match to the nearest as we are comparing with a old and new wood he give me eg sia. say same as human being got fair and dark colour pple :bangwall: ) and one small wall at our hallway the gap between the wall & skirting not fill up according to hubby

Done Living Area - Main door closer did not take down before varnishing

Done - Uncle put another board over the old board Living Area, Shoes Cabinate - There are some ex-switches taken out fm the cabinate and got some hold mend but some are not mend yet

Done Painting touch up as some wall is being "varnish" too - Uncle say no problem that one touch up one.

Edited by zerochristy

Drop by home yesterday and was happy to see 2 plumber working on both bathroom :)

Hope thay do a good job. I will take pix tonight and update if work done this time round is nice or not.

By the way our parquest floor is varnish and the feeling is so so nice and it look brand new I must remember to take the picture and show you all.

Lastly, hope they can finish work by today or at least get the place clean up or do acid cleaning by today so we can lock the house tomorrow night... will be moving the cleaning barang to the new house tomorrow evening. God Bless :D

Edited by zerochristy

Photo Time! :)

Living Room View

House001.jpg

TV Feature Wall

House005.jpg

Closer Shot of TV Feature Wall

House006.jpg

Dinning Area

House007.jpg

Shoes Storage Area - Left Down by Ex Owner. Re-touch up with varnishing

House016.jpg