Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XiaoBinBin

B&b's Love Nest @ Bishan

Today on leave to supervise the final touches of reno.

I'm so sleepy ZzZzzzz....had to roam to J8 for internet then roam back to st 24 again.

* Solid surface for kitchen - Done since Monday

* Water inlet/outlet for sink - Done

* Overmount - Done

* Door measurement - Done

* Toilet accessories: Ikea mirror cabinet + sim siang choon's paper holder and glass rack - Done BUT realised that rack holder is not the same height! faint Need to go back IMM to exchange.

* Solid surface for MBR toilet vanity - adjustments needed to allow basin mount against wall - backsplash "eat" away the basin space and waste hole can't align.

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

xiaobb, do u have pics of ur WC? saw tt u got the geo ceram ones... the sales pp @ asia excel were also promoting it to us, and we happily bot it, cos it looks quite nice.

THEN, when we went back another day, we were told tt there was only stock left for certain offset in size cos it's an EOL model :curse:

bobian, have to change. ended up buying crizto ones.

xiaobb, do u have pics of ur WC? saw tt u got the geo ceram ones... the sales pp @ asia excel were also promoting it to us, and we happily bot it, cos it looks quite nice.

THEN, when we went back another day, we were told tt there was only stock left for certain offset in size cos it's an EOL model :curse:

bobian, have to change. ended up buying crizto ones.

Hi Beany!

What EOL?

How do you want me to show u WC? haha the place is cleaned up now...I'll take some nice & clean pics this weekend =)

Hi Beany!

What EOL?

How do you want me to show u WC? haha the place is cleaned up now...I'll take some nice & clean pics this weekend =)

EOL = end of life. they told us the model we wanted was going to be discontinued, and limited stocks for the sizes. GRRRRRR

EOL = end of life. they told us the model we wanted was going to be discontinued, and limited stocks for the sizes. GRRRRRR

That I didn't know.

Its the 2nd cheapest I think. Cheapest is Meiye also no stock already.

IMO, all wc cannot beat the old school design....nice and comfortable for the butt :P

That I didn't know.

Its the 2nd cheapest I think. Cheapest is Meiye also no stock already.

IMO, all wc cannot beat the old school design....nice and comfortable for the butt :P

Meiye? you mean the petite one beside Kohler? That one not too bad too. we kinda found our toilet bowl a little big and pointed. I wonder if it's ergonomic haha

saw some wc that cost thousands :| i wonder if it feels any different

The house is ready for handover (we are not in rush to handover though haha) but we have checked the house and found it in good condition.

Now pending for doors (outsourced) to be installed. Painter may have to touch up here and there.

The place is nice, bright, clean lines and cosy....fantastic!~

Basically the major revamps are the kitchen and master toilet.

compare_kitchen.jpg

compare_mbrt.jpg

Edited by XiaoBinBin

The finer details

Kitchen

purple_chute.jpg

Notice the purple chute? Blends nicely with the white/grey kitchen

abs.jpg

Abs trimming in dark grey

3pin_hole.jpg

I've asked electrician to install double 13A socket beside the tall unit. Then asked carpenter to drill a 3pin hole size through the oven compartment.

Generally, to make electrical points more versatile. Plus I think its not safe to combine electricity + heat hee

hob1.jpg

hob2.jpg

Rinnai hob is connected with citygas pipe. The flame is very very strong and hot. My hood become very very hot sia~ (no pots over fire)

Remember someone asked about using safety valve. I think holding it for a short while is not a biggie.

Edited by XiaoBinBin

continued...

Master Room

mbr1.jpg

mbr2.jpg

Bright Bright! - Window films removed to draw in more light when not using curtain. Curtain hunting next weekend.

vanity.jpg

MBR Toilet Vanity is usually EDL laminate with strips. Match against the horizontal blue mosaics.

mbrt2.jpg

Shower screen. The mirror cabinet open towards the screen ...so I can see how pretty I am while showering? Haha

alpha_heater.jpg

Heater connected to inlet via flexible pipe - neater and easily for future maintenance

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Furniture Purchases

dining_table.jpg

1300 x 800mm Dining table with clear glass, white base, 2 white 2 black chairs - IMM $1499 S&C $700

tv_console.jpg

1800 x 450mm TV Console with piano white high gloss and white cultured marble - IMM $999++ S&C $600

Mattress: Eclipse Madison with 2 free latex pillows & free protector

Bed Frame: Divan in colour mocha vinyl with legs but without headboard

Mattress + Bed Frame = $2100

Total damage after rounding = $3200 with free mahjong table :P

white does give the entire place a more spacious and brighter feeling... very nice :)

mmm from a darker place to a nice bright one!! :) Congrats!

Thanks~! Space planning in the kitchen turned out good. Even the tiles are laid horizontally to give a wide feeling.

Place is bright but not too bright for the eyes. Can't wait to stay there! Mid Oct onwards =(