Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MbmC

Cost Of Replacing/varnishing Parquet Flooring/internal Paint Job

Thinking of a purchase, but the house needs a touch up. Especially a touch up of the parquet flooring, some of it is caved in, most of it has lost it's gloss.

So for a house of this size, the agent selling it tells me that varnishing the flooring of the whole house, and replacing all the damage parquet, with an internal coat of paint for every wall, the cost should not be most than $20k. Can anyone verify this information.

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thinking of a purchase, but the house needs a touch up. Especially a touch up of the parquet flooring, some of it is caved in, most of it has lost it's gloss.

So for a house of this size, the agent selling it tells me that varnishing the flooring of the whole house, and replacing all the damage parquet, with an internal coat of paint for every wall, the cost should not be most than $20k. Can anyone verify this information.

Cheers

The price depend how big is the area to repair the parquet. 20K + - should be the price.

Not sure about replacing, but I am currently looking for quotation to do a re-varnishing of parquet flooring, re-polishing of marble and interior/exterior painting.

Quotes that came back are about

- Repolishing of marble flooring (550sqf) ~ $800

- Revarnishing of parquet flooring (1250 sqf) ~ $1500

Hence, maybe you should only replace those area that are spoil.. Whole area, based on what u stated is very ex.

Regards,

AP

Well, it's not quite the whole area of parquet that needs replacing, maybe just a few squares here and there. Will need polishing of the whole house though. Sounds like 20k will more than cover this job.

I think contractors won't recommend replacing a few pieces, because it might be quite obvious.

I had my parquet polished and revarnished last year and it cost me $680 (no replacement). Of course, my total area is only about 1/3 of yours :)

Cheers

Replacement of parquet by affected area results in differ coloring. Consider 2/3 of your property are parquet (minus of living room, kitchen & toilet) , the cost for replacing the ENTIRE parquet flooring should not exceed 16k. As for painting, since its just internal, you can consider it as 3 x HDB4rm + stairwell that should be around 5k. Living room marble? polish and chemical wash for all other area will not exceed 1k. cheers

Cheers

You got $20k to spare?

Not sure about replacing, but I am currently looking for quotation to do a re-varnishing of parquet flooring, re-polishing of marble and interior/exterior painting.

Quotes that came back are about

- Repolishing of marble flooring (550sqf) ~ $800

- Revarnishing of parquet flooring (1250 sqf) ~ $1500

Hence, maybe you should only replace those area that are spoil.. Whole area, based on what u stated is very ex.

Regards,

AP

i got a verbal quote fm a subcon of hauhauparquet. he quoted a fix price of $350 for 3 rooms not exceeding 500sqft in area. if area exceeds 500sqft, then the price will be $0.70 psf or $0.80 psf depending on the type of parquet. this price is only for sanding & semi-gloss finish & excludes any replacement or repairs.

hope this helps :)

i got a verbal quote fm a subcon of hauhauparquet. he quoted a fix price of $350 for 3 rooms not exceeding 500sqft in area. if area exceeds 500sqft, then the price will be $0.70 psf or $0.80 psf depending on the type of parquet. this price is only for sanding & semi-gloss finish & excludes any replacement or repairs.

hope this helps :)

is it true hauhaupaquet sanding of parquet floor caused sand STORM after dat. my neighbor engaged before have this very bad experience having spent week spring cleaning upto the ceilings :o

is it true hauhaupaquet sanding of parquet floor caused sand STORM after dat. my neighbor engaged before have this very bad experience having spent week spring cleaning upto the ceilings :o

Hi

It is true, very dusty if sanding in an enclose room, I provided them

with ventilation fan solve the problem. I also cover up the gaps and

area which are hard to clean. :)

However seeing my Parquet flooring look bland new again is well

worth spending my weekend spring cleaning the ceilings then do it

myself and unable to get the matt finish I want. Plus the job gave me

a backache. :bangwall:

I heard that there is a special equipment to solve this problem from

my friend however at a higher price.

Well I think there are other options which you can ask from the service

provider. :D

hi sorry for late reply as i've been busy...i;ve only called the contractor for a verbal quote on his rates. i've not decided on who to award the work too yet as my reno contractor seems to be giving me a pretty competitive pricings. :)