Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggybank

Problems With Hdb Inspection

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow serious?

then.. what u expect?

That was the starting point.

After this incident. HDB want contractor to submit for approval 100%.

And even come out approval HDB contractor list.

I still can remember the couple is young couple who just marry. 1st HDB.

Malaysian, singapore PR

They was so worry and scare to **** when they realize what 'hole' they had make.

And that whole HDB block has to find a place to stay. As the correction take few days or weeks :rolleyes:

So.. wall.. don't any how knock. :D

Edited by therat

shifting off wall, need HDB approval.

Unless the flat owner and contractor didn't get HDB approval, then it is illegal.

many yrs back, a couple brought a unit and knock down a wall, plan to shift that wall.

Who know their contractor does not get HDB approval, before the knock.

And so happen, that wall is 1 of the bone of the HDB block.

unit below wall crack.

Level 1 wall crack.

Whole HDB block evacuate, wait for HDB PE to check and do the necessary correction.

wow serious?

How about wall shifted to another corner ? that is seal the original door kitchen location and open on the other side of the kitchen? Is it iligeal?

shifting off wall, need HDB approval.

Unless the flat owner and contractor didn't get HDB approval, then it is illegal.

many yrs back, a couple brought a unit and knock down a wall, plan to shift that wall.

Who know their contractor does not get HDB approval, before the knock.

And so happen, that wall is 1 of the bone of the HDB block.

unit below wall crack.

Level 1 wall crack.

Whole HDB block evacuate, wait for HDB PE to check and do the necessary correction.

Edited by therat

How about wall shifted to another corner ? that is seal the original door kitchen location and open on the other side of the kitchen? Is it iligeal?

hi,

just to share, i had my inspection done recently n the window we did at our balcony got problem, only got 3 rivets instead of 4. our hdb officer was very helpful and even pass us a copy of the permit submited by my contractor for us to contact them to rectify.

another problem was our bomb shelter. there's supposed to have a rubber ring or what on d hole but duno why ours went missing or what and we have to contact this supplier to replace. this rubber ring is not cheap, about $25. however, we have been trying to contact this supplier for 2 weeks and no reply at all.

only 3 instead of 4 rivets? Is it a case of contractors shortchanging us? Luckily u're able to get the contractor to rectify.

as for the bomb shelter issue, I heard its quite common and it could have gone missing during your reno time unless u're not the first owner. My friend also had to get it replaced when she sold her flat the other time. Hope u managed to get the supplier by now otherwise do call up HDB for contacts to another 1 or 2 suppliers.

sorry to hear about your problems, soxcotton.

luckily ours went well and i was so worried that my contractor didn't get proper permit done when we did the reno previously. the inspector was in and out of my place within 2 minutes cos he said all done properly....phew...

is there any other supplier that can replace the rubber ring for you?

hi,

just to share, i had my inspection done recently n the window we did at our balcony got problem, only got 3 rivets instead of 4. our hdb officer was very helpful and even pass us a copy of the permit submited by my contractor for us to contact them to rectify.

another problem was our bomb shelter. there's supposed to have a rubber ring or what on d hole but duno why ours went missing or what and we have to contact this supplier to replace. this rubber ring is not cheap, about $25. however, we have been trying to contact this supplier for 2 weeks and no reply at all.

• Thanks 1

yeah, thanks...

change the windows? Think there wont be any issue so dont get too worried about it. The most is they get u to change the rivets for the windows if your contractor did the windows without compiling with the new regulations.

i changed the windows at my balcony and my contractor now cant remember if he has applied for permit at that time (about 5-6 years ago) or not :bangwall:

change the windows? Think there wont be any issue so dont get too worried about it. The most is they get u to change the rivets for the windows if your contractor did the windows without compiling with the new regulations.

i changed the windows at my balcony and my contractor now cant remember if he has applied for permit at that time (about 5-6 years ago) or not :bangwall:

heee...what reno did u do to your balcony?

thanks hello88 and everylinetellsastory, the inspector will be doing the inspection next week and shall see what happen then...i'm just not sure what we did to the balcony is approved or not...

heee...what reno did u do to your balcony?

thanks hello88 and everylinetellsastory, the inspector will be doing the inspection next week and shall see what happen then...i'm just not sure what we did to the balcony is approved or not...

if its illegal reno then must remove it eg. platform too high, boxed up of bomb shelter hole. If its not rectified then the sales completion would be delayed.

ya, from my property agent fren knowledge is that there is no fine, but u got to revert to original state or condition. eg. illegal relocation of lightings...or electrical points. all must be revert back. So, even if u found a perfect house, everything illegal got to revert back to original. if you want to re-revert back to illegal state again after sales approved. Dun think there is anyone to stop u le.

in fact, i will be more than willing to "HELP" you. PM me for more info.

:D

just wanted to check if any seller had encountered any problems during the HDB inspection (before 1st appt) - such as any unauthorized renovation, etc which was picked up during the inspection?

if so, pls do share your experience on what u need to do (ie, remove or pay fine?).

thanks.

if its illegal reno then must remove it eg. platform too high, boxed up of bomb shelter hole. If its not rectified then the sales completion would be delayed.