Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

Thought he is not going.

I asked him yesterday if he is going. He said already made 6 appointment on Sunday, so cannot go. Maybe something important crop up, so he has to go solve it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Gaku, hope u can meet uncle today ;)

Just called him a while ago. He told me today will come with Jason to meet me. He told me no need to remind him as he will remember. Don't care, later evening before leaving work, will call to remind him.

Are the the group of tilers are at your place today. Understand that they will fix the front gate tiles today.

Just called him a while ago. He told me today will come with Jason to meet me. He told me no need to remind him as he will remember. Don't care, later evening before leaving work, will call to remind him.

Are the the group of tilers are at your place today. Understand that they will fix the front gate tiles today.

I assume the group of tilers are at my place. I think one person should be enough. I didn't check with Uncle, I uually leave it to uncle to arrange. Only when I pop by to check on the progress, then I will call him and ask what will be the next thing that they are going to work on.

Usually he will update me by himself when he didn't hear from me too frequently. sicali he thought I bochap! haha...

I assume the group of tilers are at my place. I think one person should be enough. I didn't check with Uncle, I uually leave it to uncle to arrange. Only when I pop by to check on the progress, then I will call him and ask what will be the next thing that they are going to work on.

Usually he will update me by himself when he didn't hear from me too frequently. sicali he thought I bochap! haha...

That is good. Out of 10 times, I think I called him 9 times, haha... So when he call, I will think it must be something serious.

It's ok lah...I think he works like my Dad. I am quite used to it that they do not have pre-planned agenda on the works to do and the datelines to keep. They will arrange the best resources they have on hand and get it settled.

The person I am bugging now is Jason cos I really need the carpentry ready in 3 weeks' time...but when he saw how much carpentry I am doing, he also can't help but say "哇,你很多东西作hor". Opps :x

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be accomplished on time. As I have kids at home, no wish for them to do rectification works when we shift in as it is dusty and my younger one is crawling around...

It's ok lah...I think he works like my Dad. I am quite used to it that they do not have pre-planned agenda on the works to do and the datelines to keep. They will arrange the best resources they have on hand and get it settled.

The person I am bugging now is Jason cos I really need the carpentry ready in 3 weeks' time...but when he saw how much carpentry I am doing, he also can't help but say "哇,你很多东西作hor". Opps :x

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be accomplished on time. As I have kids at home, no wish for them to do rectification works when we shift in as it is dusty and my younger one is crawling around...

Glad to hear that you are used to that approach of working. For me I am the opposite type and like to plan ahead. Guess both ways has it's pro and cons.

3 weeks means that it might affect your HO. Hope he can expedite for you and you are right, it is rather inconvenient when work is being done with children around.

Update for the day.

Quite tiring day today. Rush from work to PR to meet Uncle and Jason.

Jason quite professional. He called me 20 mins earlier to inform me that he is reaching.

Discussed piping with uncle but seems he is in a rush. He suggested his way of doing the piping and left us to discuss about electrical, grille, carpentry.

Jason told me definitely cannot finish by this month. I told him Uncle has already committed. Jason told me if want to finish by end of the month, we have to finalised the electrical wiring, switches and lights today. Fortunately I have prepared everything before hand. With that no need to discuss since everything is on the layout. He just help to tranlate some english to chinese for the electrician and stick the layout on the wall. After measuring the doors, we left. I will need to confirm the doors, grilles, gates tomorrow.

When got home, feel that the piping is not very right. So I draw on a paper and indicate how I want to lay the pipes. Went to make copy and uncle asked me to pass to Allan. Quite strange Allan told me if got any problem can tell him. So I told me the only problem I have is to complete by this month else I need to pay 500 bucks renting for a week.

Gaku, please mointor your electrical works closely. We gave them drawings also. And they also not sure not sure type. Better be around when they install the sockets, switches and lights.

Gaku, please mointor your electrical works closely. We gave them drawings also. And they also not sure not sure type. Better be around when they install the sockets, switches and lights.

Maybe drawing on the wall will help. Unfortunately today cannot step into the room because of the tiling.

Maybe drawing on the wall will help. Unfortunately today cannot step into the room because of the tiling.

hee..hee.. Jason will go thru with them and they will scribble on the wall. Then hor, they can still ask me when I am there. Days after Jason went thru with them. Really really blur type.

sorry...just a question...how do u guys know know what to ararnge to lighting and switches? i am clueless on what need to be where...think i am hopeless....

sorry...just a question...how do u guys know know what to ararnge to lighting and switches? i am clueless on what need to be where...think i am hopeless....

For me, I have make the decision and confirm with Jason if it is alright. In fact, I just pass the layout with the switches and another on lighting. He glanced through and told me ok no problem. That's it.

blue diamond, for lightings, good for you to bring your floor plans when you buy lights. The sales people can more or less advise you on where to place the lights and how many downlights(if using) you need.

As for power sockets, you got to know your needs. For example, in the kitchen, how many appliances you use? = to no. of power points.

same for rooms.... how many points you need? And where are you placing your computer, Tv, etc.. this will determine no of points as well as position.

Hope this helps

Gaku, thanks for your drawing :) I will post my dimensions in my blog later on :)

As for power points, I was the one telling the elect guy what I want. They will advise if it is ok or not. Do you know who will be the guy doing for you? Mine is Ah Tan, Jason says he is better? anyone used him before?

I needed a few 2 way points and also told the guy where and how I want it to be. If Jason did a walk thru with you, he will write down on the spots that you wanted the switch and how many socket points.I requested for more actually. Cos I know I will add on some items down the road.