Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

heh who got F-ed upside down? *kpo*

On that day, the first to get F was the tiler, follow by carpenter boss, then his worker, then on the phone and the last one was a quarrel with the aircon contractor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hubby also say i nit-pick leh. but Ah Tan says i am by far very chin chye leh. little things I say its ok...but the grouting hor, the more i see themore i can't accept lah. haha...probably i spent the whole day there on monday and was walking around the house too much and nothing to do :P

actually that was the first time i see uncle so angry...then we got him lunch and he says he really no appetite to eat. also cham lah...sacked electricians, then carpenter....plumber only one group going around right? I have leaking issues, he will get them up today to rectify.

I think homefix should have grouting sold there.

Your hubby more chin chye type right. Think can just ask one worker to scrap the edges.

I am surprised Ah Tan is still around. I was told he already no longer with uncle. If he is still around, I want to ask him to change one of my broken mcb.

It's also my first time to see him so angry and heard so much @#$% that day.

For the grouting, do you know if uncle use the same type as homefix.

Ah Tan resigned too. But he has to finish off whatever outstanding jobs done by him and his team...

My hubby nit-pick on other things...in a way we complement. I can close one eye on some things, he does on another. so in the ends many small things to rectify.:P

Maybe u want o ask uncle. about the grouting I am also not very sure. but i must remind him that I wan to keep some tiles just in case...

If u are looking for ah tan, call him, he is going up to my place to change casing and finish off the little bit left.

Edited by familyof4

the tilers gave my mom a small glass with the grout material for us to patch on our own. hmm. for my tile problem, just to clarify with all, i spoke to elder goh. not uncle. he gave me open invitation to call him for anything and everything so im keeping to my end of the promise. :D

To all visitors to my flat,

Thank you for your interest in my flat. Just a friendly reminder not to step on the tiles with objects like pails or boxes on top of them.

Edited by gaku70

people visiting? think better remind the workers too...

when tiling job is in progress, best not to "disturb" it.

No big issue lah. I do welcome visitor to see so that they have an idea how to make their house swee swee.

Just now the tiler asked me if I have visited my flat last night when the rework tilings are still wet. He explained that today he has to rehack about 6 of them because they are being step upon when wet.

I think it's a small issue but hope any visitor tonight or tomorrow morning can help to avoid those tiles that have things on top of it and avoid if possible.

I also got problem on one of the homo tiles. One relative accidentally left the red nail polish mark on the tiles. I tried using floor cleaner but not able to remove. Thought of using thinner but was told that it will dull the shinny surface of the tile. Anyone can advise?

Use nail polish remover?

Use nail polish remover?

Alternative can try acetone. Can get from paint shops (but note that it's a controlled item, ie may need IC to buy). Tried by MaCe on homo tiles without any damage. Use with care though, as it is a superb paint remover and destroyer of plastic/rubber >_<"

Uncle told me today that the tiling team he gave me for my place is the slowest group he has. Tile my 75sqm place only hall and 3 bedrooms can take slightly more than a week. But their track record is good, never give him headache. I guess the phrase uncle was using is really true in this case 慢工出细货

Alternative can try acetone. Can get from paint shops (but note that it's a controlled item, ie may need IC to buy). Tried by MaCe on homo tiles without any damage. Use with care though, as it is a superb paint remover and destroyer of plastic/rubber >_<"

Uncle told me today that the tiling team he gave me for my place is the slowest group he has. Tile my 75sqm place only hall and 3 bedrooms can take slightly more than a week. But their track record is good, never give him headache. I guess the phrase uncle was using is really true in this case 慢工出细货

Acetone is quite strong right. Will it damage the shiny surface? MaCe tried on hard surface or shiny surface. Both are homo tiles.

Sometime also headache if they come today and disappear next 3 days. If you are not in a hurry then should be ok. Think right now those group that give trouble will not have job from him. This group that tiled my flat also did for some units in BB and AMK but I don't know belongs to who? Hopefully no issue with hollows.

familyof4: I am glad to hear that you do not have much rectification. Understand from uncle that your carpentry are very well done.

Actually I don not mind overspill grouting but not under. I noticed some of mine got to scrutinize the level of grouting and some has holes in it. I suspect because of that, the edges appeared to be very sharp. If I look at a inclined angle, I cannot see any grouting at all.

I also got problem on one of the homo tiles. One relative accidentally left the red nail polish mark on the tiles. I tried using floor cleaner but not able to remove. Thought of using thinner but was told that it will dull the shinny surface of the tile. Anyone can advise?

Haha.. we have the same HO again. But my shifting cannot delay unless uncle wants to pay for another week of rental.

By the way, uncle not always at my place. I just checked with him and he say he will reach my place only in an hours time.

I got same question regarding the homo tiles too. If it looks dull or starts to lose its shine, can it be polished like marble floor?