Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simplet0tz

Oven/microwave Oven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

I also keen in buying a Microware Oven, Panasonic Inverter model.

On May 1st just went to Courts @ MegaStore, Harvey Norman & Best Denki to see the range of product.

So far @ Tampines Mart Harvey Norman selling Panasonic Inverter model price is much lower, but problem is Out of Stock.

The model that i intended to buy is NN-GD577MYPQ, below is the link for the product.

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/Pid/5140

Has any kind soul bought the model before, can help to share some view on the product. :yamseng:

Hi,

Anyone tried the panasonic oven that comes with steaming, made in Japan? I saw one that is $1599. wonder if it's really worth the money? can steam, grill, bake & microwave too..

Hi,

maybe you like to read up the following threads on oven and microwave oven. pls bear in mind that what an oven can do, microwave oven can do but result is not that gd. its best to buy separately, ie oven is solely for baking, grilling, etc. microwave oven cannot bake well.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?ac...=33&t=19962

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...623&hl=oven

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...amp;hl=germania

hope the above helps.

gain city said that they won't be bringing in new stocks of the Panasonic microwave oven that I am eyeing. they ahve the display set which is on discount. wondered why not bringing in anymore.

they are recommending another one at $359. if got time this week, i may go down and take a look.

So in this case, its best to buy an Oven first.. Any recommended brand? Around 300+

hi,

i hvnt been going to see ovens lately but do read up the threads that i hv provided. look for the ovens that can hv the functions i mentioned and that u need. list them and their prices, sizes (if you hv a small kitchen, this is a factor to consider too), pros and cons, and decide which one you need.

basically i think so long it has gd functions at a reasonable price, the brands comes second.

if its the best branded one but doesn't perform wat you want, its worst than those cheapo brands.

i hv seen a baking chef using a 'mobile' (means those cheapo brand, can be carried out type) oven and she bakes beautiful chiffon cakes and bread. but then again, she's a chef, she knows when the ingredient is ready at the look of the mixture texture/color. for us, its normally trial and error.

buy a reasonably priced oven that has the functions that you need.

eg. if like some ppl, who has family members who frequently like to eat roast meat, then u need to buy a bigger size oven so that at least 1 turkey can be put into the oven and it must hv functions like fan, upper and lower heat etc. turnspit is not necessary as you can manually bring out the turkey to turn it and at the same time able to check the meat on how well it has cooked.

there r plenty of ovens but always remember, microwave oven is not a gd baking oven.

imagine in the olden days where there r no oven, not even gas oven, how do ppl bake? i hv seen ppl (in other countries) using wood and a mud made oven to bake gd tasting cakes!

How much is this model u are lookin at?

@ Tampines Mart Harvey Norman selling Panasonic Inverter selling $199.

I even place an order for this model, but till now the staff haven't contact me yet.

Btw Philips Carnival is coming soon, planing to go there.

Philips Carnival Sale from May 23 - 24 2009, 9am - 6pm.

Philips Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd

620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh

Parking is available at designated areas in & around the vicinity on a first-come-first-served basis.