Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Babyblue

Are The Seller Suppose To Make Good The Area After They Have Remove Their Fixture?

The unit that I bought have lots of fixures which the seller is going to take down. By doing so, it will leave the screw holes, etc on the wall. Are the seller supposed to patch up the holes? What happen if the seller scratches the flooring too much while moving their furnitures?

Edited by Babyblue

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Its all up for negotiation.

If you state that they are to remove the fixtures, then they will just remove the fixtures. If you state that they are to remove the fixtures AND make good any damages that may arise from such removal, then they will have to do that accordingly. Always remember to state this in black and white, signed by both parties.

Guest melancholic

By right, fixtures are to be left alone. If sellers want to remove the fixtures, they need to seek buyer's permission. I guess that's when you need to put it in black and white that they must make good any damage. You know that when you buy the place, it's supposed to be 'as is' condition.

If you don't trust them, take pictures of the place to document the condition that you saw it when you agreed to buy. That way, any disputes will go your way.

what if scratches the flooring, can polish or not?

nope, dont think buyers can get seller to do that. Remember, don't be too 'meow' (mean) to the sellers, cos there are sellers who would return u the 'meanest' upon vacating the unit.

The unit that I bought have lots of fixures which the seller is going to take down. By doing so, it will leave the screw holes, etc on the wall. Are the seller supposed to patch up the holes? What happen if the seller scratches the flooring too much while moving their furnitures?

its a give and that situation. Consider this....in future, u might be seller and u wouldnt want your buyers to insist that u patch up the holes after removing the fixtures eg. nail holes left after removing clock, paintings, photo frame, etc. Reason being that u'll be painting the walls and all the holes can be easily fixed up by ourselves using putty filler.

Guest melancholic
its a give and that situation. Consider this....in future, u might be seller and u wouldnt want your buyers to insist that u patch up the holes after removing the fixtures eg. nail holes left after removing clock, paintings, photo frame, etc. Reason being that u'll be painting the walls and all the holes can be easily fixed up by ourselves using putty filler.

I guess the issue here is whether the fixtures are permanent or temporary. Temporary, then no choice, you will have to patch it up yourself. That is the 'as is' condition that you have agreed to take over. Permanent fixtures like Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Lights etc. now that's a different story all together. That's what I meant when I said if your sellers have to ask your permission and to patch up any holes left by permanent fixtures.

Bought already, contract signed already, correct? The as-is, where-is clause kicks in. There's no need for them to patch the holes (which were there when you bought the house, hence part of the "as-is, where-is" clause).

Scratches are different, if they were not there when you signed the contract. However, I think it's hard to get any compensation for fresh scratches. The amount will be too small to go to court for, and I doubt even Small Claims will hear you.

OTP signed & waiting for 1st appointment. i do understand that being mean to the seller, they wld treat me the same. that's y i never say anything to them. am asking is bcos i saw a clause in the OTP mentioned abt seller is to make good the walls, etc if a fixture is removed (something like this). even if they don't patch it up, am still ok since it's easily done & i need to repaint the walls anyway.

seller accupy the unit for only 2 yrs so the flooring is in great condition. if they do scratched the floor too much it wld promote "black lines" over times. this is what i'm worried of.

OTP signed & waiting for 1st appointment. i do understand that being mean to the seller, they wld treat me the same. that's y i never say anything to them. am asking is bcos i saw a clause in the OTP mentioned abt seller is to make good the walls, etc if a fixture is removed (something like this). even if they don't patch it up, am still ok since it's easily done & i need to repaint the walls anyway.

seller accupy the unit for only 2 yrs so the flooring is in great condition. if they do scratched the floor too much it wld promote "black lines" over times. this is what i'm worried of.

there are instances whereby some sellers would not hesitate to cause damage to the fixtures and floorings. When the seller vacated the unit (private property) for a close relative of mine....they used something very sharp to damage the parquet flooring...they literally 'create' a 'drain' right across the entire room. It was as deep as the track of hdb sliding windows.

Edited by hello88

there are instances whereby some sellers would not hesitate to cause damage to the fixtures and floorings. When the seller vacated the unit (private property) for a close relative of mine....they used something very sharp to damage the parquet flooring...they literally 'create' a 'drain' right across the entire room. It was as deep as the track of hdb sliding windows.

wah. so fierce,so how was it resolved in the end?....i think it would be safer for buyers to take some pics of the place registering the as.is condition? if not wait seller cut out half a wall to keep cos they had previously engraved their love.love message on it when they move in last time how. :D

wah. so fierce,so how was it resolved in the end?....i think it would be safer for buyers to take some pics of the place registering the as.is condition? if not wait seller cut out half a wall to keep cos they had previously engraved their love.love message on it when they move in last time how. :D

it was never resolved and my relative took over the unit as the keys were handled over to the lawyer who settled the sales. So far this is the worse case that I have heard of. They got the contractor to rectify the floor with wood putty if I'm not wrong.

OMG! that's bad....

juz pray hard my seller won't do such things lor.