Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

Curtains To Block Afternoon Sun

My new place faces the afternoon sun. Apart from solar film, is there any special materials for curtains that can withstand the afternoon sun ... make it cooler in the room?

intend to have a day and night curtain if possible but suspect the day curtain will be useless against the heat...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My new place faces the afternoon sun. Apart from solar film, is there any special materials for curtains that can withstand the afternoon sun ... make it cooler in the room?

intend to have a day and night curtain if possible but suspect the day curtain will be useless against the heat...

ya, there are some type of materials that can 'minimize' the sun but not exactly to cool the room. U can check with the person doing up curtains for u.

Since I see you talking about day curtains, I guess you still want light, right? But sadly its true, day curtains will only take away the glare, but the heat can still come in.

The only way is to use blackout curtains; ie you close it, totally no light at all.

u not considering solar film?

nowadays the choices r quite wide.

some actually can block 90% heat, i heard.

ya, there are some type of materials that can 'minimize' the sun but not exactly to cool the room. U can check with the person doing up curtains for u.

any idea what material this would be?

my place comes with tinted windows. not sure if i can still apply solar film ...

any idea what material this would be?

my place comes with tinted windows. not sure if i can still apply solar film ...

like what zirhk3355 said, its black out. I think they have several materials and patterns.

like what zirhk3355 said, its black out. I think they have several materials and patterns.

Have you try to use Wood curtain or bamboo curtain, may be it works. Is there system for it you can rolling down and up.

good luck..

Guest poetsdesign
u not considering solar film?

nowadays the choices r quite wide.

some actually can block 90% heat, i heard.

I agree with you

Solar film can block the sun shine

Try to use it

;)

i have the same problem as you do, maybe you can look for the consultant, Frankie from *** curtain.

if i remb correctly, he's numb shld be 90094787

i have the same problem as you do, maybe you can look for the consultant, Frankie from *** curtain.

if i remb correctly, he's numb shld be 90094787

Frankie posting for frankie