Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I'm not challenge renotalk forumers. Don't mistaken.

As one of the fellow victims of Ah Soon, I would like to make the following points:

1. to be fair, you are not wrong to help out the victims, and you have the right to help the victims as you deem fit.

2. however, i think what some forumers are not happy about is the fact that you CLAIMED to be wanting to help all, if not most victims of AS, but you are unable to do so (both logically and in reality), then when you are in possession of a certain sum of money, you did what you thought was the fairest thing to do: give it to the person whom you were helping!

3. What many is trying to point to you and what seashell, and about 50% of the other forumers are saying is that, you should have been transparent about your intentions, about your money and your agenda throughout the whole process of the saga to EVERYONE, NOT just to yourself and your self satisfaction.

4. Of course, you are NOT god and you have no idea that what you have done have resulted in such an uproar (despite you claiming to be one and "predicting" that that is what people will say to you). What the 50% of the forumers (me included) wants you to admit to is that there MAY have been a better, more transparent and fairer way to go about this matter! (you wouldnt know til you discuss it with others)

5. And that would be to have a meeting with the victims or to let everyone knows and come together, or perhaps to discuss online even.

6. nonetheless, the matter has passed and you have done what you THINK is the right thing to do, we should just let it rest and I think the 50% of forumers who do not agree with you, just want you to stand up and admit that you could have handled the matter in a better way.

Trev

P/S: Maybe cos the others are not as easily taken by his words as seashell

Fact: he DID help seashell very recently, please be a gentlemen and eat your own words!!!

Edited by trevorcantona

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ty 4 reply jaskel

but can clarify wht u mean by ''No..only the $1000 deposit like you.

--- meanin--- AS only paid $1k( which initially jess paid as elec deposit) to ah lee for jess's elec ?

ty

dxmn AS

And what u know about the left over money? U don't know anything yet...As I've posted before....give me something that is fair to everyone victims and the money will be out, if not use it on redhill as I only know the black and white stated down there. If not transparent, I can don't even mention at all or just give the money back to ah soon so that he can treat me to nightclub (any house owner can go verify with ah soon did he said that infront of me and ah lee the electrician).

hi jaskel,

u did rt by helping out jesslyn & XXX & by not returng AS $

unsure how remaining $um supposedly owed to AS shld be handled / distributed, since I'm not the one of the 'Biggest/Worst/Longest-sUFFERIN ' AS victims

one question --

did AS pay ah lee the electrician for redhill who happens also to be my elctrician (amk) ?

No..only the $1000 deposit like you.

AS only pay for redhill elec wk only ?

any chance AS pay ah lee $1000 depsoit for elec wk tht i paid AS for my plc (amk)? coz ah lee did ask if i can come up with more doe so as to minimise ah lee's losses.....

Ah Lee also asked redhill to come out more to minimise his losses too.

pls kindly let me know ty

Edited by JuzChris

And what u know about the left over money? U don't know anything yet...As I've posted before....give me something that is fair to everyone victims and the money will be out, if not use it on redhill as I only know the black and white stated down there. If not transparent, I can don't even mention at all or just give the money back to ah soon so that he can treat me to nightclub (any house owner can go verify with ah soon did he said that infront of me and ah lee the electrician).

hi jaskel,

u did rt by helping out jesslyn & XXX & by not returng AS $$

unsure how remaining $um supposedly owed to AS shld be handled / distributed, since I'm not the one of the 'Biggest/Worst/Longest-sUFFERIN ' AS victims

one question --

did AS pay ah lee the electrician for redhill who happens also to be my elctrician (amk) ?

AS only pay for redhill elec wk only ?

any chance AS pay ah lee $1000 depsoit for elec wk tht i paid AS for my plc (amk)? coz ah lee did ask if i can come up with more doe so as to minimise ah lee's losses.....

pls kindly let me know ty

Edited by JuzChris
vulgarity removal

All: I only managed to read the last 10 pages of this thread but i am concern and suspect most of you signed up with this "ah soon" and his jolly gang thru this forum, the best thing you can do is, band together and do a list of who is impacted and the $$ amt and form a grp to seek legal advice. Your lawyer will be able to guide you on the details that you will need to provide in terms of contract, work done, outstanding items etc.

No pt quoting and referencing to what is there in the internet as it has little reflection on this case other than that it has happened before. Bring ah soon and his jolly gang into the legal purview and see what timeline can be agreed upon to rectify the delays and completion. The legal route can be long but you can at least get some closure on what you need to pursue and what you may want to seek alternatives in terms of contractor to move forward.

I think my only advise for all in open forums like this, do your research well and not go for the flavor of the day as sometimes a sudden fame drives the wrong behavior.

just my 2 cents. ;)

Bro SGK, well done, I love the way you described the situation here.

All victim should unite together and go after the cluprit.

I fully support the idea of unity.I would strongly encourage everyone household owner be it one way or another being affected please do up remaining job cause year end coming soon when hitting the Chinese new year more worker will not be available to do your remaining job.Cos all want to go back homeland celebrate their lunar new year.

It does pay well being nice.Being 2 nice to contractor you are digging your own grave.To date your nice and without grudges attitute and personality don't seem to earn or gain you much help from the rest.At least not for those that have make two house owner very very happy since 1 already moving in and 1 should be on the verge of moving in I suppose.You still dangling there with your final bill not yet and still pouring.I may not be able to help much but I think I can share with you some cost saving ways that other contractor may not do so is by giving you direct contact from the sub contractor at least not from jaskel.However cannot assure you will get contractor price cause you are not but at least will lesser your expense compare you ask outside which triple or even more than the price.You can pm me.

Hi Ocean,

it is good that you are also trying to help AS's victims by introducing them directly to the sub-contractors. For Jaskel. he is also helping them in his own ways. Both of you are unable to reduce the victims' loss to zero but as long as you help them to cut their loss then I think both of you should be commended.

[/quote

I have read this rather interesting ah soon sagar.I turn out to be another jaskel sagar.In a contractor point of view it is not wrong to think of profit making in whatever form.But by the look at those thread I pobably think jaskel should have properly handle the situation by discussing with all victim before giving it to redhill.It is rather selfish.It is true that redhill may have alot of problem but look at all the victim that is surface who is not suffering.To be honest if I were you redhill I won't be living happy taking the remaining money to do up my own house even if I really need desperate help.People always say when you are in the same boat you should pull together as one to beat the odd.For your case you redhill pull off for own good self.By seeing other house now struggling like Bedok Tao payoh and etc it don't make you a better person.Anyway all the best to remainding victim and do look out for alternate source.Cos jaskel don't look to be the person that will do free thing and no contactor in the world will do free thing either.Goodluck Bedok and Tao payoh.

Long long ago, in the Southern province of China, there was a village where all the villagers make their livelihood by farming on land they lease from the village head. The village head was a tyrant who exploited the villagers by making them pay exorbitant taxes. The result is that all the villagers lived in poverty and many of them were in debt. One day, a man J from a neighbouring village came to visit his friend living in this poor village. He met the evil village head on the road and saw some money dropping off from the village head's pocket. After the village head left, he picked up the money quietly and went to his friend's house. He was sad to see the condition his friend is in - a family of 5 or 6 living in a small and dilapidated house. He decided to pass the money he picked up from the road to his friend to help them improve their living condition.

A few days later, some villagers heard about the incident. They were unhappy that J passed the money only to his friend because they feel that the money belonged to them since it came from the village head who in turn got the money through exploiting them. J, instead of being commended for his help given to his friend, was being blamed by some unhappy villagers.

There are some questions for everyone to think about:

1. Was J obliged to help every villager? Did the villagers officially appoint him to lead them out of their predicament?

2. Was J able to divide the money evenly among all the villagers given that nobody knew how many households there were?

3. Who found the money? Was it J or the other villagers?

4. If J was the one who found the money and he decided to passed it to his friend to help her, did he do anything wrong?

5. J passed only the money he picked up to his friend. He did not donate any money from his own pocket to his friend or other villagers. Can we penalise him on that?

Edited by SGK

No need to argue Liao I told you u r not trasparent whatever you say don't worth a single cent jaskel face it you are not to that level to say me.I will not and may not be like you wanting to be hero. But at least I don't want to be a hero like you which you think you are one. Just my two cent worth.No point argue.

Transparent here and let Ah Soon know about it....u don't know what is happening dude...someone is update him always. And u don't know the fact at all, same to the rest of the victims.

Don't worry about whether the money is being spent or not, come out with a fairest way to settle the amount, I don't want to drag it too long, so that I can concentrate on other issues.

What is the fact, I dare to face it...what are the consequences I already knew it. Everything is still going smoothly according to my planning, including on what other like u will said on me.

i would hope the discussion on jesslyn n jaskel to end... cus no point talking over it anymore... afterall the money is indeed put to a good use... that is the most important thing now.. if bypassers or contractors who is reading this and wish to stir up further, pls, consider people's feelings...like how would jesslyn n jaskel feel..? n also, people may even think i m the one who post all these!!!

i have nothing personal against jesslyn or jaskel, hence, dun kindly don't use me n toa payoh houseowner as a scapegoat to question them or watever..

yes, jaskel may not have mention about the $$ in the first place, but at least he is not like AH SOON, take the money n never do anything. he make 2 houseowners happy! give jaskel a break!

all the houseowners here all lose money, matter of how much only...i lose $15K and still counting, not yet the final bill!!!!! PLUS my storage fees of my exhouse items and my rental every month.. it is vvvvv painful and upset but guess we have to learn form this painful lesson... this is more impt! I hope all renotalk viewers or people who is going to reno, learn from our mistakes!!

It does pay well being nice.Being 2 nice to contractor you are digging your own grave.To date your nice and without grudges attitute and personality don't seem to earn or gain you much help from the rest.At least not for those that have make two house owner very very happy since 1 already moving in and 1 should be on the verge of moving in I suppose.You still dangling there with your final bill not yet and still pouring.I may not be able to help much but I think I can share with you some cost saving ways that other contractor may not do so is by giving you direct contact from the sub contractor at least not from jaskel.However cannot assure you will get contractor price cause you are not but at least will lesser your expense compare you ask outside which triple or even more than the price.You can pm me.

Edited by Ocean197575

At least jaskel did nt take off e $ and failed to deliver.i dun mind to pay extra for beta service.

Those ppl i hate most is those fraudster,cheat ppl hard earned $ and tot they can get off scot free.to those cheat,i promise them tat i will do anything to get justice done. I have consider AS last time too.if i m 1 of e victim,i will definitely lodge a report long long long time.e last report was lodged within 2 days when tat cheat refused to refund $130 to me,she was jailed for 2yrs with her pic published in e papers.

For the cost of 130 .Is a bit too little to run away.If I were to be that contractor I rather pay up.It a bit extraordinary to think of it.

At least jaskel did nt take off e $ and failed to deliver.i dun mind to pay extra for beta service.

Those ppl i hate most is those fraudster,cheat ppl hard earned $ and tot they can get off scot free.to those cheat,i promise them tat i will do anything to get justice done. I have consider AS last time too.if i m 1 of e victim,i will definitely lodge a report long long long time.e last report was lodged within 2 days when tat cheat refused to refund $130 to me,she was jailed for 2yrs with her pic published in e papers.

oh dear, jailed for merely $130 is really not worth it...

actually alot of people already lodged report against him...

today i met AS, he said, he is very busy now to earn $$ or if not, is wait to be sue n go jail...

i duno wat to say to him also? i also want my money back.. but already alot of people queueing up to sue him n etc liao... so who wanna sue him or small claim court...., do it fast!

Edited by seashell