Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

actually forum suppose to be a place for 'open' views... be it good or bad...

i just sensed that some views expressed and replies to these views are overly 'protected'....

especially if u need to do tiling works, it is a must to have a licensed contractor. it is absolutely right (and must) even if we were to question on where the license comes from -- because we don't want to have any disputes or problems later on should the reno caused damages to our neighbours.

actually ah soon renovated my house 4 years back.... he is nice with his price,...

some forumers who speak good of him -- sounded as if is ah soon relative or what.... sorry i am just a straightforward person.. n i wun hold back any remarks fearing supporters of ah soon fans will be unhappy... afterall, we are talking about business n procedures, nothing personal.

actually one or two cases of a particular ID firm doesn't necessary represent the company is bad. the same applies to ah soon. doesn't mean if there is some complaints about ah soon, it will mean he is bad.. in fact, the reno he did for me 4yrs ago indeed have alot problems, but i look at things in a broader perspective and do not go around bad mouthing him... maybe the team he used 4yrs ago was not good? in fact, i will still ask him to quote me...

so i still hope this is a place of freedom to express and discuss..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Same here. I posted this question here before, but none dare to answer me, so secretive.

Btw, can tell us what is his company name?

Is it? Hmmm... I got Ah Soon contact and details from one of the forumer and a lot of daily readings on the threads to do my homework. "Pinkpetter" She was in another forum before when renotalk was down. I pm her and she share with me the details of Ah Soon and other advices? Where got secretive. You got pm those who engage Ah Soon to reno a not for details?

Cause out of respect; I think better don't publish people's mobile number in a forum mah. Later got Aunties call to disturb this uncle...jialat liao.

Anyway, I tried to contact Ah Soon. As stamp + chop, I accumlated a lot of mileage from Ah Soon Airline also. ahaha.. Havent manage to get quote from him. So AZ bldg; u manage to contact him? But, I will continue to give him a call when I am free. :P

Btw, you working in A-Z building? Can't help thinking of that with your nick. :D

hi guys,

may i please have the contact of uncle soon also.

have a resale 3Rm to do up, condition of the place quite original yet budget very tight.

Ai, nobody want to share Ah Soon's contact with you? I have PM you his phone number (credit goes to guy77 - I got Ah Soon's number from him). Ah Soon Chinese speaking only - can use Hokkien or Mandarin, Cantonese not sure.

Disclaimer: I didn't use Ah Soon for my renovation.

I meet uncle ah soon to9 @ my resale 3rm hdb.he's late,but luckily he's not an appointment.he come n talk to me very faster n run to other apopintment.my hubby say dun know he can remember all our need or not?haha......

May i know normaly uncle take how long to do chinese quotation?thank u

don't worry ok? when I met uncle, he talk to me 15-20 min then he disappeared already. LOL chase him a bit for the quotation. I'm sure you have been reading up on his "pattern".

I meet uncle ah soon to9 @ my resale 3rm hdb.he's late,but luckily he's not an appointment.he come n talk to me very faster n run to other apopintment.my hubby say dun know he can remember all our need or not?haha......

cant be 100% he can remeber..but think he should be able to grasp most of it....dun worry..:)

Give him some time....if it get too long...just give him a call to remind him..:)

hi guys,

may i please have the contact of uncle soon also.

have a resale 3Rm to do up, condition of the place quite original yet budget very tight.

Licensed or not, at the end of the day... the whole idea is to find a comfortable person to work with and a reasonably quoted budget. I guess all the clients here have mentioned enough abt the gd and bad abt engaging Ah Soon for the reno. Those who trust him will go along.. at their own risk. Those who are more cautious abt their reno or have no time to manage, will choose some other contractors/IDs.

At the end of the day, what's impt is the track record and the deliverable results. Everyone has their own way of doing their biz. My 2cents worth. :)

Reno works past 2 days, 2 guys working on it...so not so bad...

My SIL was tellin me yday the skinny uncle informed her he gg for Lunch at nearly 1pm. So my SIL spoke to him in broken mandarin " wah so late go 4 lunch ah?". Then the uncle look at the clock & go off, he came back 15mins later, tar pao cold drinks and continue working. She felt paiseh, mayb uncle mistakenly heard her say come back from lunch asap.

Ya, anyway about uncle is he is tested & proven...i juz hope he be around when I wanna do reno works on my EM. :P

:) better better. LOL no lah I think they usually tapao cos they are afraid that Uncle will drop by and scold if they are not around. So they run off to buy and have a smoke break then come back to eat. :) We usually bought for them to eat in the house... Come to think of it.. not very hygenic since the house is so dirty. haiz. Most of the tiler uncles are good... except ONE... very old one... Think he should be older than my dad even... he's very bad tempered and very mean and will not do things properly. Hope no ones ever gets him. :P

Same here. I posted this question here before, but none dare to answer me, so secretive.

:) If you PM me I will tell you whatever you want to know.

Company name is Fu Hua.

Finally I find a forumer to say this. I actually doubt if Ah Soon was a HDB registered contractor, and asked if he was, but I didn't receive a straight reply. My posted question was burried and forgotten. Now reading your post, I can confirm my finding was right.

I think if you don't feel safe taking a non-registered contractor, you should go for a registered one. The people over here should know Ah Soon is not, but they're willing to take risk because of cheap price. So no point warning them when they already know.

As long as everyone is happy with their renovation...

Reno works past 2 days, 2 guys working on it...so not so bad...

My SIL was tellin me yday the skinny uncle informed her he gg for Lunch at nearly 1pm. So my SIL spoke to him in broken mandarin " wah so late go 4 lunch ah?". Then the uncle look at the clock & go off, he came back 15mins later, tar pao cold drinks and continue working. She felt paiseh, mayb uncle mistakenly heard her say come back from lunch asap.

Ya, anyway about uncle is he is tested & proven...i juz hope he be around when I wanna do reno works on my EM. :P

666> yup he does rectification works for HDB. In fact some people got to know him when he did the rectifications for them. BTW how's the progress.

actually... so wat if they have license and all... the Gp**n guy (big company with casetrust all that) also ran away with people's money... the We*k*n one (big licensed company) also did a lousy job....

I think... what's impt is that the person is trustworthy in the first place.

I would like to request... please.... do not speak of this anymore.

People who really do their homework and bother will PM us and ask. People who don't do their homework and just go about this blindly... it is their own fault. I swear that for people who ask me personally, I've always answered truthfully to the best I can. Just don't speak of this aloud anymore. :(

Generally, Ah Soon customers also not worried whether he licensed or not..at least a licensed contractor carrying out the work.

Im not sure what is his relationship with the firm.. but he always tell us to pay him based on his work done. So not too worried he run away with our $$.

So far, any problems i highlighted to him..he has rectified, heard he oso do rectification works for HDB?