Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Ah Soon didn't turn up yesterday nor call back. We didn't call him either to check. Guess we have kinda give up. We are getting our keys on 2 Jun so we want to complete our shortlist by next week. At the rate we are going, we aren't even sure we can meet him by end of next week.

We just need to move on.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

THink im quite lucky, so far call him using my hp he always answer. I even got missed calls of him when he call me wen I was riding my bike...but when I call him using home phone or wat, call several times oso he wont answer...hehe.

Juz talk to him juz nw, he say gg JB for wedding and be back 2moro nite...my IL house he say can even start work on Mon...hmm..but my IL say wait 1st, want him come coz they want to make a few changes.

If you are not in hurry, then it is ok to engage him since he's consider good.

But not sub to others. I also dont like that idea too.

But then OMO is indeed very tight as he run from unit to another units......fainted!

Should understand him lah.

Running a one man show is not easy...

Hi Sohck don't be despair, that's what we all went through when we were all sourcing quote from him. Sometimes he underestimate the time he needs to spend at certain appointments and that's why those appointments downstream gets affected.

This initial meet ups are a good testing ground on your acceptance level to uncle's working style. If you are already feeling frustrated at this point, I guess, Uncle may not be the right working partner for you.

Somehow, if you read through some of Ah Soon's current customers' thread, you'll realise, we all have very high tolerance level for uncle. I don't think anybody can explain why, it's just that X factor (and i am not talking about looks ok, those who met uncle before will know hahahah) that uncle have, coupled with his sincerity that make us able to accomodate his working pattern while he accomodate our puny budget for our big dreams.

lol...

sohck ... I called him yesterday during lunch time, he says he will call me back, but didnt. Well, like what ivy says, be patience, he is a busy man. :D

Shall call him again today to fix an appointment.

Didn't get to meet Ah Soon again yesterday, although he did call in the morning to say he will drop by at 7-8pm since he needed to be at Tampines yesterday. So the new appointment is set to be today, hope he will turn up.

Lot's of headache even before starting work with him. :-(

Hi Sohck don't be despair, that's what we all went through when we were all sourcing quote from him. Sometimes he underestimate the time he needs to spend at certain appointments and that's why those appointments downstream gets affected.

This initial meet ups are a good testing ground on your acceptance level to uncle's working style. If you are already feeling frustrated at this point, I guess, Uncle may not be the right working partner for you.

Somehow, if you read through some of Ah Soon's current customers' thread, you'll realise, we all have very high tolerance level for uncle. I don't think anybody can explain why, it's just that X factor (and i am not talking about looks ok, those who met uncle before will know hahahah) that uncle have, coupled with his sincerity that make us able to accomodate his working pattern while he accomodate our puny budget for our big dreams.

Didn't get to meet Ah Soon again yesterday, although he did call in the morning to say he will drop by at 7-8pm since he needed to be at Tampines yesterday. So the new appointment is set to be today, hope he will turn up.

Lot's of headache even before starting work with him. :-(

That is the reason why I don't recommend my contractor to any of my friends now.

You are lucky to have Ah Soon.

My contractor didn't even bother to check my kitchen cabinet... whenever I have qtns to ask on the cabinet, he would get his carpenter to answer my queries... he didn't want to get involved.

I didn't notice those mis-drilled holes till I moved into the house... Sigh, the cabinet looks ok from outside, but lousy quality on inside.

ya, i read abt ur poor carpentry on Honeygal's t-blog. Was kinda surprised that HB gave that kinda service to u! i was recommended by my friend to approach HB for quotation, but heard from a coll that its super hard to get them to quote and i gave up.

At least on the outside it still looks ok.... we still have poor lawry as a constant reminder for all house owners going thru reno!

Because you're new I suggest you read through a few blogs before you decide if you wish to get his number. :) You can PM any of us to get some opinion first.

i definitely agree with your last point. Busy = i still can jaga myself. Lousy = i have to live with it. :(

I had misdrilled holes too, and all the affected drawers were changed and carpenter scolded badly by Ah Soon.

That is the reason why I don't recommend my contractor to any of my friends now.

You are lucky to have Ah Soon.

My contractor didn't even bother to check my kitchen cabinet... whenever I have qtns to ask on the cabinet, he would get his carpenter to answer my queries... he didn't want to get involved.

I didn't notice those mis-drilled holes till I moved into the house... Sigh, the cabinet looks ok from outside, but lousy quality on inside.

I believe all real good contractors/IDs are always busy with reno projects going on... at the end of the day, it is this so-called committed to quality is important... it helps this good contractor outshines others.

I engaged HB just after CNY last year, when they were not so busy, yet I was still the person inspecting the reno work... The worst part is, they are not so keen on quality... As long as things can work, they don't care about look... I didn't like the door handles they gave me, but the boss refused to change... my kitchen cabinet has many mis-drilled holes, can you imagine a drawer has 4 mis-drilled holes on one side?

I can tolerate a busy contractor, but not lousy work.

i definitely agree with your last point. Busy = i still can jaga myself. Lousy = i have to live with it. :(

I had misdrilled holes too, and all the affected drawers were changed and carpenter scolded badly by Ah Soon.

I believe all real good contractors/IDs are always busy with reno projects going on... at the end of the day, it is this so-called committed to quality is important... it helps this good contractor outshines others.

I engaged HB just after CNY last year, when they were not so busy, yet I was still the person inspecting the reno work... The worst part is, they are not so keen on quality... As long as things can work, they don't care about look... I didn't like the door handles they gave me, but the boss refused to change... my kitchen cabinet has many mis-drilled holes, can you imagine a drawer has 4 mis-drilled holes on one side?

I can tolerate a busy contractor, but not lousy work.

Yes... with Ah Soon's growing popularity...... biz from this forum alone is soaring... whoever wants to take Ah Soon got to manage your expectation. He will be busy, you got to project management most of the time. And you got to be able to 'give & take'......... cannot expect everything to be perfect perfect.

Ah Soon is nice and friendly. Very easy going, prices are good. BUT you got to realise you will do most of the 'work' (inspection) yourself. And he does not have time to work thru EVERY detail with you. You got to know what you want and tell him. He just dont have time for each and every project. Read all of Fondue, Apples, my blog too.

But he is very committed to quality. If not right, he will change the things for you. Like my cabinet for example. He took out some doors and ask the carpentry to re-do. Very costly but he is committed to that.

Since he is a contractor, he dont provide colour, design services. You will see from the forum here, those who use him. We design, plan our own house. That's the BIGGEST fulfullment we all got.

Agreed. I think when people go to the house and praise the design, it's doubly pride-worthy to say that you designed yourself.. At least I really feel that way. haha I think Wendy must be very proud using the beautiful kitchen she designed. :)

Yes... with Ah Soon's growing popularity...... biz from this forum alone is soaring... whoever wants to take Ah Soon got to manage your expectation. He will be busy, you got to project management most of the time. And you got to be able to 'give & take'......... cannot expect everything to be perfect perfect.

Ah Soon is nice and friendly. Very easy going, prices are good. BUT you got to realise you will do most of the 'work' (inspection) yourself. And he does not have time to work thru EVERY detail with you. You got to know what you want and tell him. He just dont have time for each and every project. Read all of Fondue, Apples, my blog too.

But he is very committed to quality. If not right, he will change the things for you. Like my cabinet for example. He took out some doors and ask the carpentry to re-do. Very costly but he is committed to that.

Since he is a contractor, he dont provide colour, design services. You will see from the forum here, those who use him. We design, plan our own house. That's the BIGGEST fulfullment we all got.

So many people asking for Ah Soon's contact. I am getting really worried.

Supposed to get a quotation from him tonight, and was planning to give him the job if the price is right (and why shouldn't the price by right?)

Now I guess I better reconsider. No matter how good he is, he has only 24 hours a day.

I second that...too popular and busy also not good. No time to really overlook ur house.

Last thing that you would want is those busy id would maybe juz ask their colleague to go site on his behalf,and the colleague being the 2nd party would not know exactly what is happening..