Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest todbee

Pls Help... Id Change My Solid Surface W/o Asking

Guest todbee

Rang the "CLEVER" ID on Sat. and telling him about solid surface issue.

He juz saying he didn't know its a different solid surface installed from the one we told him earlier. I cannot remembered what other nonsense he tried to say... then he juz quickly hang up the phone by saying he needs to attend a class.

We are surprise that when we told him the diff solid surface was installed and we realised he's quite calm and didn't response in a surprise tone over the phone. He juz say he didn't know about that!! Such a liar...

This morning rang him again, he said he said he has no time to come and inspect... and we need to wait till Thursday morning. Come on, what kinda of attitude is that. He's totally wasting out time. Really furious about him laaaa...

Trying to figure out how to upload the pics for the solid surface we have chosen and what he has changed our choice and installed. Also the dish drainage thingy installed.... **sigh**

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest todbee

*****deleted, as double posted*****

Edited by todbee

Guest todbee

That's the sample we have chosen, is less white and more creamy coloured and is more smooth. But the one installed is a WHITE coloured solid surface and less smooth. Can you guys tell from the pic?

dsc1209l.jpg

Here's the dish drainage thing...

dsc1198g.jpg

How are we suppose to use this nonfunctional dish drainage?

my contractor gave me 3S brand also....act im totally noob abt it.....one of my fren even mentioned "korian"????

anyw i thk my 3S is not bad la....much better than my mum's black solid surface...which is alr full of scratches aft only 1 yr...

;)

The dishdrainer can put dry plates only huh?

The solid surface is a different piece la.

Don't pay him the balance, since he act blur, you act blur also.

The thing is the quote/agreement din mention the brand AT ALL lay... its my bargaining a bit weak?

That would be nice... u know the quote for the kitchen is 10k+-... it would be great if 1/2 price.... but silly la... don think they will agree to do that...

I think we really being chop by them laaa...

Let me send u the quote... see if its EXP

3S is made from China, so it much cheaper than Cresto and your ID actually earn much more if quote you for Cresto but using 3S. Cresto is a registered product and it got 10yrs warranty. Normally, contractor don't indicate the thickness of the materials used in the contract so as to win the customers over to their nice and cheap quotation, after sign then they use those cheap and less quality material . Good and honest contractor is really hard to find nowsaday.

My advise is, u got to be firm on your ID. Can I see your quotation too? :yamseng:

after knowing how he works & ends your calls to him abruptly & delaying the site-visit. if he is professional enough. no 2nd word would be needed,directly tell you he'll change instead of draging owner's time. if he was half respectable, he wouldnt had did it in the first place too. so with none of the above 2 foctor seen.... i would feel its more rewarding for you to compromise with the solid top first on the condition he will issue a black & white for extended warranty for all your works. who knows where else he cut corners on the project. pretty sure he is ready to smoke you since he act blur when you called him. already standby 1001 reasons for you by stalling the time. get him to warranty the 3S top like what 'cresto' is giving WHEN he says "its as good as cresto too" or something along that line. :P

with 40% remaining payment on hand, can nego louder then him still. or speak directly with the boss nicely. towkays usually easier to talk to,if they cared. most of the time, they dunno what their workers are doing too.so "IDs" sometime very havoc de. since they aren't afraid of losing their liscence since THEY DONT HAVE ANY to start with. haha.,the level of professionalism just doesnt exist in 90% of all i had seen.but bosses are different as they gotta remain hdb reg? now i wonder why isnt there some form of liscencing for reno related sales personels aka "IDs". is it not that hard to bring the whole house down one day. :unsure:

Guest todbee
my contractor gave me 3S brand also....act im totally noob abt it.....one of my fren even mentioned "korian"????

anyw i thk my 3S is not bad la....much better than my mum's black solid surface...which is alr full of scratches aft only 1 yr...

;)

eiffel76 - How long was your 3S installed so far? What colour do you have it on? Corian is a better brand compare to Cresto and 3S... *shake head*

The dishdrainer can put dry plates only huh?

The solid surface is a different piece la.

Don't pay him the balance, since he act blur, you act blur also.

Cloyn - That's correct, need to dry the plates then only can put them to the dish drainer thingy...does it practical? If that's the case then why bother having such a stupid idea? Its senseless la!! Very kek sim la...R u sure we can not pay them bo? We don't want them to send me a legal letter after sometimes later, like lawry... **pray for lawry**

3S is made from China, so it much cheaper than Cresto and your ID actually earn much more if quote you for Cresto but using 3S. Cresto is a registered product and it got 10yrs warranty. Normally, contractor don't indicate the thickness of the materials used in the contract so as to win the customers over to their nice and cheap quotation, after sign then they use those cheap and less quality material . Good and honest contractor is really hard to find nowsaday.

My advise is, u got to be firm on your ID. Can I see your quotation too? :yamseng:

jaskel - 10s for your info. How can they do that? So unethical practice and some more my kitchen reno price is NOT CHEAP lay... We wish we can sue them... it's certainly been torturing us these 2 weeks. :curse:

after knowing how he works & ends your calls to him abruptly & delaying the site-visit. if he is professional enough. no 2nd word would be needed,directly tell you he'll change instead of draging owner's time. if he was half respectable, he wouldnt had did it in the first place too. so with none of the above 2 foctor seen.... i would feel its more rewarding for you to compromise with the solid top first on the condition he will issue a black & white for extended warranty for all your works. who knows where else he cut corners on the project. pretty sure he is ready to smoke you since he act blur when you called him. already standby 1001 reasons for you by stalling the time. get him to warranty the 3S top like what 'cresto' is giving WHEN he says "its as good as cresto too" or something along that line. :P

with 40% remaining payment on hand, can nego louder then him still. or speak directly with the boss nicely. towkays usually easier to talk to,if they cared. most of the time, they dunno what their workers are doing too.so "IDs" sometime very havoc de. since they aren't afraid of losing their liscence since THEY DONT HAVE ANY to start with. haha.,the level of professionalism just doesnt exist in 90% of all i had seen.but bosses are different as they gotta remain hdb reg? now i wonder why isnt there some form of liscencing for reno related sales personels aka "IDs". is it not that hard to bring the whole house down one day. :unsure:

DoubleJ - Guess what he even remind us to pay the balance when rang him yesterday. How can he have such thick face one. We really wish to complain them till the name is "chao". We wonder is that any way that can get them on the legal responsibility??

eiffel76 - How long was your 3S installed so far? What colour do you have it on? Corian is a better brand compare to Cresto and 3S... *shake head*

Cloyn - That's correct, need to dry the plates then only can put them to the dish drainer thingy...does it practical? If that's the case then why bother having such a stupid idea? Its senseless la!! Very kek sim la...R u sure we can not pay them bo? We don't want them to send me a legal letter after sometimes later, like lawry... **pray for lawry**

jaskel - 10s for your info. How can they do that? So unethical practice and some more my kitchen reno price is NOT CHEAP lay... We wish we can sue them... it's certainly been torturing us these 2 weeks. :curse:

DoubleJ - Guess what he even remind us to pay the balance when rang him yesterday. How can he have such thick face one. We really wish to complain them till the name is "chao". We wonder is that any way that can get them on the legal responsibility??

Hi tobee,

Have the job completed? For $381 pfr for your kitchen cabinets, it really really very expensive. U can't sue them due to the black and white didn't stated the brand of the solid top. If u can, record it down while you talk to him, best is the topic on the brand of the solid top suppose to be install. He must state that he change it to 3S which is different from what suppose to be - Cresto, then u got chance on your case. Is the company Case Trust?

hehe act not very long la only 2 months...im also using white...so far ok leh....

how much were u quoted for the solid surface? mine was $70 pfr....so i guess mine nothing much to complain la...

best way to reslove reno disputes is through settlement liao. give & take ba. cos they are experienced enough when they passed you their contract to sign. they already jaga their backs liao. all the vague descriptions on materials , hidden costs, etc etc. once you sign on it. very hard battle liao. they can literally leave you in the lurch and still sue your for the $$ actually. is your reno completed? check on everything first, spend a few hours checking.note everything that needs to be rectified & where you get short-changed with or simply not satisfied by the finishing. then one shot go find the boss talk nicely try. let him know you are ready to pay once they get everything done proper & fast. hopefully he is not as rotten as that 'id'. :unsure:

Guest todbee
best way to reslove reno disputes is through settlement liao. give & take ba. cos they are experienced enough when they passed you their contract to sign. they already jaga their backs liao. all the vague descriptions on materials , hidden costs, etc etc. once you sign on it. very hard battle liao. they can literally leave you in the lurch and still sue your for the $$ actually. is your reno completed? check on everything first, spend a few hours checking.note everything that needs to be rectified & where you get short-changed with or simply not satisfied by the finishing. then one shot go find the boss talk nicely try. let him know you are ready to pay once they get everything done proper & fast. hopefully he is not as rotten as that 'id'. :unsure:

DoubleJ - We rang him last week and said we'll complain to his boss for his keep delaying attitude. Then guess what he said,

ID:"You go and tell my boss la, he knows about it anyway."

However, we din ring and complain to the boss at the end. *sigh*

When such things happen, first to do is to approach the press and the media.

Goods doesn't tally, feign ignorance, delay job, still want to sue the hand that is feeding them?

Such news when out in the headlines will make them wake up their idea.

$381fr is very expensive for kitchen carpentry actually.

todbee,

It's them who did wrongly first, that's why you hold back payment, not your fault.

You should call up the boss and talk to him personally about this issue and get him to settle, if not you will go to CASE and get them to mediate.

DoubleJ - We rang him last week and said we'll complain to his boss for his keep delaying attitude. Then guess what he said,

ID:"You go and tell my boss la, he knows about it anyway."

However, we din ring and complain to the boss at the end. *sigh*

Quick name the ID and the company he works for. There are too many such people around giving renovation companys a bad name.