Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lilian

Lg Washer

I bought LG washer top load model #WF-T95G00TED. Got it @ $599 with a $100 NTUC voucher. What I can say is that when I first got the washer, 3 problems cropped up. The machine emits a foul smell.Not sure why. Second is that the machine makes alot of noise, can feel the drum hitting against the wall of the machine, and 3rd but not least water starts to seap out of the machine.\

Got LG technician to come and look at it. He managed to do some balancing on my washer, then tried, not so noisy anymore. As for the smell, overtime, it has gone. As for the water seaping out, apparently its from the pipe. Maybe got blockage.

Verdict, I am not really a fan of LG stuffs. I think their products are very surface, meaning make it nice on the surface. Durability and functionality is really a question mark here.

Hi i just received my WF-T95G00TED as well, i notice that the clothing are still very wet (water still dripping from the hanger) after 90minute of airdry, do you face this problem? the drying part seem to be a bit worried for me as my wife are not complaining. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I think I can wait for your feedback 'coz I think I am only getting the key around late Aug. Would appreciate any feedback ... thanks!!

Thanks for waiting. I shifted in my flat about three weeks ago but unfortunately still haven't started using the LG washer. Reason: EzziLiving run out of stock for my Hi-Dry so we have no place to hang our laundry. My wife took the clothes back to our old house twice a week and wash it there.

Finally we are going to install the Hi-Dry tomorrow so we will be using our washer for the first time on Saturday. Will let you know how it is like after that.

8kg is the maximum capacity.

The better models these days have load sensing and will not fill or run as if there's 8 kilo load all the time.

To give you a better idea of my wash routine:-

Daily

I separate whites/light coloured/colourfast from non-whites.

So my washload averages about 4kg daily.

These clothes are normally not soiled, just perspired on.

The LG has a short 30mins 30 degree program.

Using shorter program daily saves a lot on electricity and water.

This on top of the machine being a 'Green Label' washer.

For machine care

I use cotton 60 degree program for beddings and towels.

Sensing around 8 kilos, the LG washer will give a time estimate of about 2hrs.

But that's ok. I only use this program once a fortnight or every ten days.

As a matter of fact you must run this program at least once a month even if you have no load for the machine's well being.

How do I know I'm not loading more than 8 kilos?

You can put the laundry bag on the bathroom scale, or use a cheap $2 pullspring scale like a karung guni man.

Why LG?

Getting a high end model for the price of a midrange European brand

Well built and just look at sohck's machine above.

Direct drive is a good thing.

Machine runs very quietly.

Any residual sound you can hear, sounds like its made by an expensive machine.

The negative LG feedback above?

That was for an older, lower-end Asian type LG washer.

Not the one you're considering.

Hi Cromodora, when do you perform the "tub clean" course, and how often?

Edited by aoi

8kg is the maximum capacity.

The better models these days have load sensing and will not fill or run as if there's 8 kilo load all the time.

To give you a better idea of my wash routine:-

Daily

I separate whites/light coloured/colourfast from non-whites.

So my washload averages about 4kg daily.

These clothes are normally not soiled, just perspired on.

The LG has a short 30mins 30 degree program.

Using shorter program daily saves a lot on electricity and water.

This on top of the machine being a 'Green Label' washer.

For machine care

I use cotton 60 degree program for beddings and towels.

Sensing around 8 kilos, the LG washer will give a time estimate of about 2hrs.

But that's ok. I only use this program once a fortnight or every ten days.

As a matter of fact you must run this program at least once a month even if you have no load for the machine's well being.

How do I know I'm not loading more than 8 kilos?

You can put the laundry bag on the bathroom scale, or use a cheap $2 pullspring scale like a karung guni man.

Why LG?

Getting a high end model for the price of a midrange European brand

Well built and just look at sohck's machine above.

Direct drive is a good thing.

Machine runs very quietly.

Any residual sound you can hear, sounds like its made by an expensive machine.

The negative LG feedback above?

That was for an older, lower-end Asian type LG washer.

Not the one you're considering.

What a load of information. Actually I had wanted to know the normal washing time for WD 10281. Does anybody know?

After Cromodora's excellent reasoning, I'm now leaning in favor of the 14331. Is it worth asking at Mega Store? Hope they still have it on promo.

Tub clean?

Don't blame you if you missed it,

Maintenance wash was buried in there like an afterthought.

I've had some queries about Perwoll Black that I said I used for dark clothes.

Here's a link and I'm sure there's more if you Google it.

The bottle is slim and looks like a shampoo.

It is made by Henkel Germany and is a Miele recommended product.

Here's the best bit..

It is about 7USD online.

Pay more if you get a Miele labelled one from a Miele retailer.

I get my supply from the local Giant for about 4 SingDollars.

So even if you don't wear dark clothes, here's an arbitrage opportunity....

Edited by cromodora

Thanks for pointing out that post of yours that I had missed out.

I also managed to learn how you run your wash routine with your LG, as this was the first time I bought a front-loader. I.ve been using top-loading washers in the past, including the years when I was still living with my parents (before I married and moved).

I used to be the same as those who didn't give much thought to washing machines for the past 2 years, until my 7Kg Panasonic Aquabeat top-loader spoilt. Then I went to research on internet and the ever-popular RenoTalk forum. I found out there were so many factors to consider before purchase.

Before I narrowed down to LG, I was told that many Bosch and Electrolux models were now made in Thailand. Was disappointed. Of course, I wanted a Miele, like everybody else. Coz its build quality is superb. But my spouse didn't want to spend $3K++ on a washer. He is rather concerned with the local warranty part.

In the end, we got an LG front-loader with direct-drive motor, made in Korea. The 8Kg capacity is so that I can wash heavy bedding laundry (such as our queen sized quilt), and with the duvet function. My old 7Kg washer was just not big enough.

Eg: I wash the quilt, quilt cover and queen sized bedsheet every 3 months. Our 2 machine-washable sofa cushions, once a month. The pillow+bolster+mattress covers for our little boy, together with our queen bed pillow+bolster covers, and bath towels every Sunday or Monday. [Other daily wear is every Friday or Saturday, I may adjust this to suit the machine more appropriately.]

Our boy has eczema and dust allergy, which will appear as itchy rashes on his face and body. So we need to launder his beddings once a week.

:sport-smiley-003:

Edited by aoi

But my spouse didn't want to spend $3K++ on a washer. He is rather concerned with the local warranty part.

Give that man a beer!

Sure we know quality when we see it but we must be smart shoppers and not get easily suckered.

If the local prices and kiamkana 1 year warranty term is considered, Miele won't be getting such glowing reviews.

Give that man a beer!

Sure we know quality when we see it but we must be smart shoppers and not get easily suckered.

If the local prices and kiamkana 1 year warranty term is considered, Miele won't be getting such glowing reviews.

You're right! But I think there will still be consumers who may opt for Miele, nevertheless...

Just hope they improve on the local warranty in future.

:yamseng::drunk:

Edited by aoi

You're right! But I think there will still be consumers who may opt for Miele, nevertheless...

Just hope they improve on the local warranty in future.

The hope in your second sentence got no chance as long as the first sentence is true.

Read about one of those nevertheless Miele buyers in the Miele thread.

The hope in your second sentence got no chance as long as the first sentence is true.

Read about one of those nevertheless Miele buyers in the Miele thread.

The Singapore 1-year warranty issue is something to think about, though I myself can't help being impressed by the awesomeness of Miele.

Sometimes, when it comes to buying electrical home appliances, it somehow depends on a little stroke of luck too, and perhaps whether you have "fate" with the machine that is delivered to your house.

If someone buys a Miele washer, hardly uses it, then suddenly realizes it has problem one day, and it so happens that the local 1-year warranty is over, then the user must be prepared to pay a higher price for repair. After all, this is a "prestigious" machine. The parts are not going to be cheap, either.

But if Miele Singapore has at least given an explanation or reply to that person's feedback, maybe he would not have been so pissed off later. Despite this, normally once the warranty period is over, most companies do not bother about how rarely he uses the product, let alone giving a refund of the repair cost (when warranty is over). It is simply not in their policy to do that. For as long as the product has passed its stated warranty, he has to pay for the repair.

Some people have owned their Miele washers, without a single fault for several years (and maybe even for a lifetime). Yet there may also be such rare cases, where the machines of unlucky owners "fall sick" in such a short time.

Life is funny... It could be a matter of "luck", sometimes (even if not always).

Edited by aoi

You bought LG but are a Miele apologist?

No surprise there.

Because the one bit of washing that the Miele can and LG can't do is.....

Brainwashing

Never did I say that I "did not" like my current LG. Never did I want to "apologize" to Miele either. Do not anyhow put words into my mouth.

It is true that I like Miele, like most people do. But I cannot get one, due to the fact that my spouse did not want a Miele washer. I am pretty fine, even if I cannot buy a Miele now, or even if I do change my mind not to buy in future. People may change their mind, as time goes past.

I just felt that the person was stupid to ask for a refund from Miele Singapore, when it is clear that he had to pay for the repair after the warranty was over.

On the other hand, I also think that buying an electrical appliance is sometimes a matter of luck. If it wants to spoil, can we predict it? Then again, this is my very personal opinion.

I cannot blame you, if you chose to see my words in a mistaken way.

Edited by aoi

Never did I say that I "did not" like my current LG. Never did I want to "apologize" to Miele either. Do not anyhow put words into my mouth.

Did I say you did not like your current LG?

Do you actually understand the definition of 'apologist'?

What felt like words that I anyhow put into your mouth...

..is actually your foot.