Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

Defects Checklist For Condo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Anyone can advice what defects to look out for in new condo? I know of a fren that check every parquet in the rooms and blast the air-con over night. I am not sure it is worth all the effort to find one or two hollow sound in the parquet and get the developer to fix them. The thought of it already put me off this idea.

What else to check ? :deal:

everything

basically from ceiling to flooring

switch

heater

door

window

anything that ur eye can see

literally everything. and i DO mean everything. check even the alignment in your kitchen by pouring a bucket

of water to ensure that the water will flow towards the 'hole'. u dun wanna have a flooded living/dining area do u? :)

for the record, my brother even check the flushing unit of his toilet.

reason? just to be sure that it is working. whilst doing that, he found nails n rubbish in it.

indicating that the workers must have conveniently threw all those there during the construction stage! haha

literally everything. and i DO mean everything. check even the alignment in your kitchen by pouring a bucket

of water to ensure that the water will flow towards the 'hole'. u dun wanna have a flooded living/dining area do u? :)

for the record, my brother even check the flushing unit of his toilet.

reason? just to be sure that it is working. whilst doing that, he found nails n rubbish in it.

indicating that the workers must have conveniently threw all those there during the construction stage! haha

HAHAAHAHA, i like the idea of pouring a bucket of water....... will do that. But if there's 1 or 2 hollow parquet, will you call the contractor to come and fix? I find it very leceh cos I still have to be there to supervise them. After they are gone I have to re-check everything if there have created any scratches when they bring thier equipment in. Is very troublesome lah, but I oso very kiasu, if is worth doing and everyone is doing like this, I will oso follow.

HAHAAHAHA, i like the idea of pouring a bucket of water....... will do that. But if there's 1 or 2 hollow parquet, will you call the contractor to come and fix? I find it very leceh cos I still have to be there to supervise them. After they are gone I have to re-check everything if there have created any scratches when they bring thier equipment in. Is very troublesome lah, but I oso very kiasu, if is worth doing and everyone is doing like this, I will oso follow.

i did the water bucket pouring thing for the toilets too.

check all tiles for cracks. look out for water patches on granite or marble tiles

check all wooden fixtures. i've heard of termites nest on doors of a new condo unit.

check all switches.

tap wall/floor tiles for hollow-ness. if it hollow, the tile may pop out down the road.

u dun really need to be there when they come and correct the defect. when we collected out unit (that was years ago), the dev gave us a "temp key". just pass the key to the supervisor. once all the defects are done, u can then use your normal key to "break-in"