Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

hi all...

i'm back to post some of my products again...

here are my bakes...

oreo cheesecake (no bake)

DSCF1521.jpg

lemon cupcakes

DSCF1549.jpg

chocolate cupcakes

DSCF1554.jpg

with chocolate icing & cream cheese icing

DSCF1557.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah Julia, very nice. You can be a Baking Queen de. :)

Your cupcakes filled out quite nicely, mine doesn't fill out properly to a nice height or near flat surface. It's like a big mountain peak surface when its done

chocolate x'mas tree cookies for colleagues

DSCF1708.jpg

DSCF1709.jpg

butter cookies

DSCF1830.jpg

DSCF1831.jpg

Wah very impressive cupcakes you hav...can share the recipe?? :unsure::rolleyes:

Lemon cupcakes

2 cups cake flour

2 1/2 tsp double-action baking powder

3/4 tsp salt

90g unsalted butter

200g caster sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

zest of 2 lemons

250ml milk

1. Preheat oven to 190degC. Line muffin tins with paper liners.

2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.

3. Cream butter and sugar together until well blended. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and lemon zest (best to zest directly into the bowl).

4. In three additions, add the milk and flour mixtures alternating between the two.

5. Fill each muffin hole just over half-full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until risen, springy and slightly golden. Cool 10 minutes in tin; transfer to wire rack and cool completely.

Chocolate cupcakes

150g butter, softened

150g castor sugar

175g self-raising flour

3 eggs

2 tbsp cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 180degC. Line muffin tins with cupcake cases.

2. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.

3. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.

4. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.

5. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.

6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.

7. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

8. Allow to cool fully.

Lemon cupcakes

2 cups cake flour

2 1/2 tsp double-action baking powder

3/4 tsp salt

90g unsalted butter

200g caster sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

zest of 2 lemons

250ml milk

1. Preheat oven to 190degC. Line muffin tins with paper liners.

2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.

3. Cream butter and sugar together until well blended. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and lemon zest (best to zest directly into the bowl).

4. In three additions, add the milk and flour mixtures alternating between the two.

5. Fill each muffin hole just over half-full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until risen, springy and slightly golden. Cool 10 minutes in tin; transfer to wire rack and cool completely.

Chocolate cupcakes

150g butter, softened

150g castor sugar

175g self-raising flour

3 eggs

2 tbsp cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 180degC. Line muffin tins with cupcake cases.

2. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.

3. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.

4. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.

5. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.

6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.

7. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

8. Allow to cool fully.

Many THANKS!!! I will definitely try them!!! :dancingqueen::bow:

Quote you first. :notti: :notti: make it sound like a harem in here

Indeed very nice!!!Wow!she queen i King... :unsure:

we are not couple lei! :D

Too many queen here.. so i got lots of mistress :notti:

I've done both vanilla and chocolate sponge cake. I think the type of flour, temperature and of course the double-action baking powder (big player) plays in the whole thing depending on recipe.

Norm, I use all-purpose flour and sometimes the baking soda/powder or the double baking powder when called for it. I'm thinking of switching to cake flour since cake flour is the best for sponge cakes, genoise and some cookie batters. While self-raising flour or all purpose flour would be best for heavy/rich cakes

The temperature listed in recipes - we can't follow to a T 'cause the problem is the temperature varies with the oven type/brand. Even electrical voltage for appliances overseas differs from here. It will be either too hot or too low even if you're following the temperature in the recipe. I usually drop 10-20 deg off the temperature in the recipes (for american recipes only)

The cup cake did not erupt like volcanos..u didnt put any soda powder ah?Not required? :unsure:

I would like to try sponge cake one day,anyone do before here?

Please teach....

Edited by BunBun

Hi all

here's some of my creations in the past :) Itching to start baking again since I've just moved in. Am thinking pineapple tarts! Yummm (but i've been hearing how tedious it is to make)

4261186379_5b01d5d8f0.jpg

The famous Strawberry Jellyheart. This version of mine is SUGAR-FREE! Haha, i'm under strict diet so I whipped up a sugar-free and fat-free version. the only thing that's probably 'fat' in that sense is the base - light digestive and butter :P

3203054169_741c7e0528.jpg

Simple Chocolate Macarons

3104818048_e90ee72705.jpg

Christmas Tree cake-pops

Happy baking everyone!

Wa, this blog really makes me HUNGRY!!! Haha.. the cakes, biscuits, cookies all so professionally done.. :good: Hungry!!!!

I think u all should combine and open an eatery shop.. :D I will be ur 1st customer!! =)

I was at chinatown hawker center last weekend and on hearing that there is a stall selling xiao long bao better than ding tai fong,

i went there to Q and purchase 2 crate.While waiting,I saw how they wrap and decide to try my hand on it today :P

First,I prepare the dough-flour+water and make a small round ball out of it

CIMG4143.jpg

Mixed the mince meat and scallion with oyster sauce and a dash of salt together.

I added chinese mushroom today cos I think it would taste nice ;)

CIMG4145.jpg

Flatten the dough and wrap the meat within by pleating it.

Then u are set to steam the xiao long bao

CIMG4146.jpg

There u go~the end result...

CIMG4149.jpg

hey rondy,

nice try & result looks good & yummy..... :dribble: ........ermmm.....xiao long bao inside have juice like soup ....does yours got juice too?

cheers!

hi Devil..the juice not as much as what i tasted outside...Wonder any king/queen can advice here? :rolleyes:

hey,

during a trip to china-shanghai at a xiao long pao restaurant, a chef gave me a tip on how the soup was made inside the "bao".

all the ingredients/stuffs are prepared into a small-size cup, frozen it as ice cube, taken out from the fridge just before it is wrap-up with the flours as "bao", so the "frozen ice ingredients" inside the "bao" will melts during the steaming process and thus becomes soup-like inside of "bao".......of cuz, how to prevent the soup form sipping out of the "bao" ....that is the skill of making the flour......uhmmm... :dunno: .dunno correct boh leh....????..... :D .

hey,

during a trip to china-shanghai at a xiao long pao restaurant, a chef gave me a tip on how the soup was made inside the "bao".

all the ingredients/stuffs are prepared into a small-size cup, frozen it as ice cube, taken out from the fridge just before it is wrap-up with the flours as "bao", so the "frozen ice ingredients" inside the "bao" will melts during the steaming process and thus becomes soup-like inside of "bao".......of cuz, how to prevent the soup form sipping out of the "bao" ....that is the skill of making the flour......uhmmm... :dunno: .dunno correct boh leh....????..... :D .

yup! thats the way soup is made....