Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

*to those concerned,

if u can, please pm me those recipe and pic so that i can upload into this t-blog. TIA :D

For those who are interested to have your creation featured here for all who enjoy baking, please PM me. TIA :D

First up:

2 yummp cakes by the baking Queen, BunBun:

For info: BunBun got the recipe was from a site when she was looking up the net for baking recipes

Dark Chocolate Devils Food Cake With Kahlua.

chocolateganachedevilsf.jpg

Dark chocolate cake frosted with white chocolate butter cream

whitechocolatecakevicky.jpg

The recipe for the both cakes are the same, just have different frosting.

A gentle note from BunBun: Devil's Food Cake is a rich chocolately moist cake though & must be kept in a air-tight container to ensure it can last up to 4-5 days if not a week.

Devil's Food Cake Recipe:

280g soft brown sugar

40g unsweetened cocoa powder

250ml milk

90g dark chocolate, chopped

125g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature.

1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract

2 eggs separated

185g of plain(all-purpose) flour (sift the flour first)

1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda(baking soda)

Filling:

250ml whipping cream

1 tablespoon icing(confectioners') sugar

1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract.

Part 1

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Lightly grease two deep 2cm (8 inch) round cake tins and line the bases with baking powder.

Combine a third of the brown sugar with the cocoa and milk in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar and cocoa have dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, stirring until it is melted. Allow it to cool after that.

Part 2

Cream the remaining brown sugar with the butter in a small bowl using electric beaters until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and egg yolks and the cooled chocolate mixture. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda.

Part 3

Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture, Divide the mixture evenly between the tins. Bake for 35 min or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cakes come out clean. Leave in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.

Filling

To make the filling, whip the cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a small bowl using electric beaters until stiff peaks form. Spread over one of the cold cakes, top with the second cake and spread the top and sides with icing.

Chocolate icing

50g dark chocolate, chopped

30g unsalted butter

1 tablespoon icing(confectioners') sugar

1. For the icing, put the chocolate and butter in a double-boiler at low heat(do not boil). Stir until the mixture is melted. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar and stir until smooth.

*BunBun did not use the chocolate icing as she used another chocolate recipe. The chocolate icing recipe is part of the devil's food cake recipe.

Other decoration is entirely up to one's disrection

White chocolate frosting (2nd pict)

225g butter, softened

250g confectioners' sugar(icing sugar)

168g white chocolate or white baking bar, melted and cooled

3-5 tablespoons whipping cream or half and half.

In a large bow, beat the butter and confectioners sugar at low speed until fluffy. Add in melted and cooled white chocolate and whipping cream. To do this right, start with 3 tablespoons and add in more to achieve desired consistency as you go along. Beat on high speed for 3-4minutes, scraping the bowl with a spatula.

Because this is a creamy and sweet frosting, it will not be stiff as a conventional frosting and not easy to pipe decoration with it properly. However, you can opt to reduce the sugar slightly as if you do not like it to be too sweet.

BunBun did not use filling for the sides of the cake unless its to layer the cakes as the chocolate cake is already sweet enough with the chocolate ganache by asian standards.

Edited by born_again

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Cute cookies by BunBun again:

chipndalecookiesjustbef.jpg

chipndalecookiesbeingco.jpg

Butter Cookie recipe

Ingredients:

(makes about 36 pieces)

100g butter, softened at room temperature

80g caster sugar

1 egg yolk

180g cake flour

20g corn flour

Method:

1. Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside. Line baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.

2. With an electric mixer, add in sugar to the butter in 2 ~3 additions and cream till the mixture turns pale and fluffy.

3. Add in egg yolk and mix well.

4. Add sifted flour mixture in 2 ~ 3 additions, stir with a spatula to form a soft dough.

5. Place dough in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin.

6. Refrigerate the dough for about half an hour.

7. Remove dough from fridge. Roll out dough on slightly floured work surface and cut out with slightly floured cookie cutters. If the dough appears to be a little to hard and breaks into pieces while rolling, leave it at room temperature for a few minutes. The dough will soften up and can be rolled easily.

8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 degC for 15 ~ 20mins.

9. Let cool and store in air-tight container.

Edited by born_again

Jam/Choco Fillings Cupcakes by Angel81:

Muffins1.jpgMuffins2.jpgMuffins3.jpg

Ingredients

225g unsalted butter, soften

225g caster sugar

225g self raising flour

1tsp baking powder

4 eggs

1tsp vanilla essence

*225g sugar might be too sweet so Angel81 usually put 1/2 the amount. Angel81 used plain floor plus an extra 1/2tsp of baking powder to substitute as she didnt have self raising flour*

Method

Preheat the oven to 175deg. Place 18 baking baking cases in muffin tins. *Angel81 didn't use the baking cases as she wanted the cupcakes to have a crisp/brown outer layer*

Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth and pale, about 2-3mins. *She whisked by hand* :P

Spoon half of the mixture into the cases. Make a little dent in each cupcake and put in abt 1-2 tsp of jam or some choc chunks. Spoon the rest of the mixture into the cases. Bake for 20mins.

Remove the tins from the oven and cool for 5mins. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.

Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Note: The original recipe is from 500 cupcakes & muffins by fergal connolly. Angel81 added the jam/choc variation to it to make it more interesting. smile.gif

Edited by born_again

Next up by newnyew:

choco muffins n ultimate cheesecake!

3597830098_5d9b4fedec.jpg

3597855532_552038d762.jpg

DIGESTIVE BISCUIT BASE

160g finely crushed digestive biscuits (i tried oreo, cheese biscuits all not as nice)

80g melted butter

Mix both until well blended. Press onto bottom of 20cm loose bottom pan.

Refrigerate for 15mins or until firm.

CHEESE CAKE

Ingredients A

625g cream cheese

170g sugar

Ingredients B

40g plain flour

Ingredients C

4 egg yolk

2.5 egg white

1 lemon zest

1 lemon juice

Ingredients D

200g whipping cream

Ingredients E

1.5 egg white

20g sugar

Ingredients F

2tbsp natural yogurt

1- Wrap the outside of the digestive biscuit pan with alumnium foil.

2- Cream A until light. Add in B and blend.

3- Add C

4- Add D

5- Whip E until soft peak forms and add to the above mixture. Add F.

6- Bake in water bath at 160degrees for 75mins or till golden brown.

7- Allow to cool and refrigerate.

If ur oven is too powerful, cover ur pan top with an aluminium foil so that the cheese cake top won chao tar so fast.

newnyew, anything missed out to create the 3 above?

Edited by born_again

now something from the Rondy, the baking King:

Raisin,cinnamon banana muffin.

CIMG3519-1.jpg

CIMG3520.jpg

CIMG3521.jpg

rondy, your turn to PM me please

Edited by born_again

finally a place to consolidate all the wonderful recipes for me to learn.... lots of baking...yummy!!!! :dribble: actually think i prefer eating la.... :drunk:

reserved for preciousjam

me still trying to hunt high n low for her creation :(

cos the baking unoffical committee in this forum comprises of King rondy, Queen BunBun, Angel81, newnyew and preciousjam right...of course, there's still many baking fanatics in this forum so please do share with us... :lol:

Edited by born_again

reserved for preciousjam

me still trying to hunt high n low for her creation :(

abit hard lor....with this reservation means i got to work harder to come up with 1 baking stuff (at least) *thinking real hard now*

Signz, speaking abt Phoon Huat, the one in Jurong closed down liao. :( So very sad... Now gota go to Clementi to get those special stuff. But at least my house nearby got another baking shop (not as good as Phoon Huat though)

creative way DIY tuna sandwich by rondy

One loaf of bread (MUST BE FRESH - so that i would stick when u 'fold' it otherwise it'll 'open up' when toasting inside the oven)

One can of tuna mayo

Cut the bread as shown

bread.jpg

Next,fold it side to side as shown and toast it over oven,it would be very crispy!

fold.jpg

Note: Best to chilled the tuna and mixed your own tuna;the filling could be tuna+onion+pepper+mayo and tuna+thousand island sauce+tomatos cube.

On top of the mayo, garnish with parsley

For tomatos, can garnish with small red pepper.

done.jpg

gosh, finally found something easier for me to do this weekends....stay tune for pic if I really managed to do it :P

Edited by born_again