Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No leh, seeing your cheesecake, I want to eat also. Waiting for a taste of your sinful cheesecake so dun stress! :)

lagi stress sia!!

It's always better to bake 1-2 days in advance for cheesecake cos cheesecake flavour 'release' better in the fridge that way.

i didn't know that the PH at JE close down le..sigh. Ever since I sold my house last year end, I stopped baking liao.

maybe i should start baking and use them to make friends with my neighbours too hor ;)

Haha, good idea. But sadly, can only give them to non-muslim neighbours. :( I have 2 muslim family at my side. Can't give them aniting..

eh bunbun u stressing me lei.

sikali u so high hopes, my cheesecake also stress cannot bake itself well :unsure:

hahaha... here to stress u also.. if not good, u bake another one loh. heheheh.. but just bring the cmi one along, then we'll have 2 cheesecakes.. hahahaha :P

You can give them as long as the ingredients are halal. *grins* fruits are okay, but flour, food colouring and vanilla essence must have halal sign on their packaging.

Haha, good idea. But sadly, can only give them to non-muslim neighbours. :( I have 2 muslim family at my side. Can't give them aniting..

hahaha... here to stress u also.. if not good, u bake another one loh. heheheh.. but just bring the cmi one along, then we'll have 2 cheesecakes.. hahahaha :P

You can give them as long as the ingredients are halal. *grins* fruits are okay, but flour, food colouring and vanilla essence must have halal sign on their packaging.

Some of them will not accept one, cuz our kitchen is not halal. Our utensils/crockery will have touched stuff that are not halal.

Yes some will not accept but baking pans and etc would not have touched non-halal stuff since they're mostly used to bake cakes, pastries right? Do enlighten me on this.

Some of them will not accept one, cuz our kitchen is not halal. Our utensils/crockery will have touched stuff that are not halal.
Edited by BunBun

ya they would usually reject us politely if we (Chinese) give them food cos not halal.

Yah man. That time during my housewarming, I had a separate caterer tat's halal. So I packed some food to give my malay neighbours. They kept confirming with me that it's halal before accepting, so can guess that they'll really only take food with halal stamp on it.

Yes some will not accept but baking pans and etc would not have touched non-halal stuff since they're mostly used to bake cakes, pastries right? Do enlighten me on this.

Hehe, but still got ur utensils leh? Like ur spoons, knifes, chopping boards, etc. :)

Hehe, but still got ur utensils leh? Like ur spoons, knifes, chopping boards, etc. :)

hehe, plus our hands not halal ma. ...just joking. Though there are some that's not very particular about the certification especially in Spore but still quite many would not settle for just 'no pork, no lard' thing.

Well.. I guess you got a point about my utensils huh? :o Looks like I got to have a separate utensils for that purpose.

Yah man. That time during my housewarming, I had a separate caterer tat's halal. So I packed some food to give my malay neighbours. They kept confirming with me that it's halal before accepting, so can guess that they'll really only take food with halal stamp on it.

Yeah I guess?

hehe, plus our hands not halal ma. ...just joking. Though there are some that's not very particular about the certification especially in Spore but still quite many would not settle for just 'no pork, no lard' thing.

Think it's also the way things are prepared and cooked right? Not too sure about halal stuff though. Haiz, must ask those auntie aunties who chat with everyone in the block and give goodies to everyone. I'm sure they'll know if can give the food we cooked to muslim neighbours. :)