Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Butter cookie recipe is on the same page where you took the photos of the cakes from rondy's blog. Can update from there

sori for late reply. Yup, received and update first post :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That is alot of cheese sia. 5 packages x 250g = 1250g leh :jawdrop: But the cake in picture looks very fluffy and inviting to eat

Edited by BunBun

Cheesecake Squares

P1010377.jpgP1010378-1.jpg

P1010390.jpgP1010387.jpg

Ingredients for Crust

200g crushed digestive biscuits

2tbs/30g granulated sugar

113g melted unsalted butter

Ingredients for Cheesecake Filling

454g cream cheese, soften

100g granulated sugar

1tbs lemon juice

1tsp vanilla extract

2 large eggs

Ingredients for Garnish (optional)

Fresh Berries or

Raspberry or Strawberry sauce

Method

Preheat oven to 160degs and place rack in the centre of the oven. Line a 9x13x2inch pan with aluminium foil across the bottom and extend over 2 opp sides.

Combine crust's ingredients. Press mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10mins. Set aside.

Increase oven temp to 180degs.

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Scrape down the sides as needed. Pour the cream cheese filling over the crust and bake for about 20mins or until the cheesecake batter is just set.

Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Place in the fridge for a few hours to make the squares easier to cut. Have a damp cloth to wipe the knife between cuts.

Garnish with berries if desired.

*Note: I used lesser sugar in both the crust (abt 20g)and the filling (abt 70g), and it tasted great.*

Original recipe by Stephanie Jaworski

Wah!!!!!! you can cook better than me, oh my so tempting! But I dun eat chix leh. :(

You finally made cheesecake! Got any baileys? There's baileys, original and that mint version at the wine section in suntec city. I so prefer the original flavour. Mix with Kahlua even nice.

Just curious, your cheesecake squares don't need a water bath? cos most cheesecake require waterbath or else without a waterbath, the cheesecake will become a overgrown baked cheesecake. You got your mixer already?

Wah!!!!!! you can cook better than me, oh my so tempting! But I dun eat chix leh. :(

You finally made cheesecake! Got any baileys? There's baileys, original and that mint version at the wine section in suntec city. I so prefer the original flavour. Mix with Kahlua even nice.

Just curious, your cheesecake squares don't need a water bath? cos most cheesecake require waterbath or else without a waterbath, the cheesecake will become a overgrown baked cheesecake. You got your mixer already?

Haha, okok only lar. Oh, how come dun eat chix leh? Normally only hear pple dun eat pork, beef or even lamb.

Hehe, nope. I did plain one to try first. And I've finished my baileys, so gota wait till a fren come back fr overseas and buy for mi at DFS. hehe.. There's also a caramel flavour baileys. But like u, I also prefer the original one. It's the best! hehehe

Hmm, the recipe didn't say anything abt water bath leh. I rem tat time u and new said need, bt recipe didn't say aniting woh. So I tried w/out loh. Turned out ok woh. The texture is like those thick cheesy cheesecake those loh. :) Maybe I'll try with a water bath next time to see the diff. So far, the pple who's tried said it's good. Hehe, scarly with a bath it'll be better. hahahhah

Nope, still have not gotten my mixer yet. I'm still procrastinating. hehehhee.. Use hand to whisk loh. And roped in my hb to whisk for mi too. hahahha.. My arms are rather tired now. hehehehe :P

But hor, how u see that whether the cheesecake is set already anot ah? I really duno how to see leh. Can only agar agar, and use the toothpick test. :D

when we meet, i tell u why i dun eat chix. lol.

How long did you and your hubby to whisk the cheese mixture? Can tell if the cheese is done by shaking the pan a little, if it jiggles slightly in the middle but does not move as in its being weighed down and has a firm texture, it is set already. Toothpick method dun work for cheesecake, only for cakes leh.

Haha, okok only lar. Oh, how come dun eat chix leh? Normally only hear pple dun eat pork, beef or even lamb.

Hehe, nope. I did plain one to try first. And I've finished my baileys, so gota wait till a fren come back fr overseas and buy for mi at DFS. hehe.. There's also a caramel flavour baileys. But like u, I also prefer the original one. It's the best! hehehe

Hmm, the recipe didn't say anything abt water bath leh. I rem tat time u and new said need, bt recipe didn't say aniting woh. So I tried w/out loh. Turned out ok woh. The texture is like those thick cheesy cheesecake those loh. :) Maybe I'll try with a water bath next time to see the diff. So far, the pple who's tried said it's good. Hehe, scarly with a bath it'll be better. hahahhah

Nope, still have not gotten my mixer yet. I'm still procrastinating. hehehhee.. Use hand to whisk loh. And roped in my hb to whisk for mi too. hahahha.. My arms are rather tired now. hehehehe :P

But hor, how u see that whether the cheesecake is set already anot ah? I really duno how to see leh. Can only agar agar, and use the toothpick test. :D

BunBun i know why u dun eat chix le. See if sama sama like the below story.

Tell u all a story ;)

On a stormy night in 1999, I was in the kitchen attempting to cook my first curry chicken dish.

I unwrapped my packet of whole chicken and horrors of all horrors!

This chicken came with a neck and head :o ( yeah i v suah ku, tot NTUC would have chopped it off )

On the counter laid a small steak knife. I looked around for a cleaver but alas, i found none.

I took the small miserable knife and started to SAW OFF the neck with my eyes half closed.

I literally took half an hour to saw off all the parts...

I finally managed to cook the dish for my ex-bf but i didnt touch it at all.

It was all too traumatic for my then young soul. I was scarred....

I told myself to become vegetarian and swore I wont touch meat ever again.

hehe buay tahan finally buy kfc to eat after 2months :D

Angel, I got an original baileys aimai?

still got 95% left. I used the 5% or less to bake last month an kept it in the fridge since.

me dun drink, hub prefer reds n beer n so fridge accompany it only. haha :D

i bring for u on sat? expiry date is 2010 dun need to worry spoil.

Tell u all a story ;)

On a stormy night in 1999, I was in the kitchen attempting to cook my first curry chicken dish.

This chicken came with a neck and head :o ( yeah i v suah ku, tot NTUC would have chopped it off )

On the counter laid a small steak knife. I looked around for a cleaver but alas, i found none.

I took the small miserable knife and started to SAW OFF the neck with my eyes half closed.

newnyew u're so funny. But I think u're very brave to 'saw' off the neck. For me, I've yet to do that cos very fortunate to have mum doing the cooking all these years. Don't know if I'll ever get a chance to do the 'sawing' :P

newnyew u're so funny. But I think u're very brave to 'saw' off the neck. For me, I've yet to do that cos very fortunate to have mum doing the cooking all these years. Don't know if I'll ever get a chance to do the 'sawing' :P

ya man, writing abt it, all my hair kia liao!

still have shivers thinking abt it!

but u shd try it sometime. its quite an experience. hahaha!

Hahaha new, you're so cute with the chix story. Well you're 1/4 close to the reason why I dun eat chix. Truth is I never cooked a whole chicken, much less chop it up before. The most I ever go that far is to steam a chix is the fillet part since it's for the dog's dinner.

Tell u all a story ;)

Hahaha new, you're so cute with the chix story. Well you're 1/4 close to the reason why I dun eat chix. Truth is I never cooked a whole chicken, much less chop it up before. The most I ever go that far is to steam a chix is the fillet part since it's for the dog's dinner.

wa ur dog v ho mia lei.. pm why u cannot go?

i kaypoh.. hehe