Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vio.ple

@ Serangoon

sourcing for an ID...

cutting the story short, we only went to see 3 ID/Contractors..

1. Alan @ City Design @ IMM

2. Henry @ I.D Note (from Supersimon27)

3. Jason (from HomeMaster)

as expected, alan's price was over our budget, he quoted around 35k without window grills & panes..

henry & jason's price was about the same except the tiles from jason were a bit expensive..

we called jason this afternoon to discuss with him about the price of the tiles.. he told us he quoted $3.50psf for tiles (henry's was $2.60 psf).. but he say if we are not taking such highend tiles, he can quote lesser.. as we didn't know what kind of tiles we want.. we told him we need to consider first.. guess we have to make a trip down to the tiles shop to take a look.. =)

jason also give us a few address so that we can make a trip down to see his workmanship...

list given by jason

1. Jurong West Blk 6XX

2. Bedok Blk 2XX <-- handover on sat..

3. Gangsa Road Blk 1XX <-- Homeowner.. is this your place? hee..

4. Yishun Ring Road Blk 3XX <-- starting work..

we will be going to take a look this sat..

although i wanted to go to all of them but hubby say we'll go down to a few.. =(

we are still considering between henry & jason.. henry told us we have to get back to him by this sat.. else the price might not be that cheap... =|.. hubby & me wonder why such a rush.. since we intend to start work after the 7th month.. but nevertheless.. we will decide by this sat..

u guys have been busy eh...

hmm... personally, i don't think they should try to 'rush' you guys into making a decision by this sat... is he saying that prices of the materials etc will rise after this week, but if you were to confirm by then, he will absorb the price hike?? doesn't seem very... 'honest' to me, but that's just my personal opinion... :D

Sorry didn't mean to be a kill-joy but it's disheartening to see IDs/contractors trying to put pressure on couples whom they know are on a budget...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sourcing for an ID...

as expected, alan's price was over our budget, he quoted around 35k without window grills & panes..

henry & jason's price was about the same except the tiles from jason were a bit expensive..

we called jason this afternoon to discuss with him about the price of the tiles.. he told us he quoted $3.50psf for tiles (henry's was $2.60 psf).. but he say if we are not taking such highend tiles, he can quote lesser.. as we didn't know what kind of tiles we want.. we told him we need to consider first.. guess we have to make a trip down to the tiles shop to take a look.. =)

jason also give us a few address so that we can make a trip down to see his workmanship...

list given by jason

1. Jurong West Blk 6XX

although i wanted to go to all of them but hubby say we'll go down to a few.. =(

we are still considering between henry & jason.. henry told us we have to get back to him by this sat.. else the price might not be that cheap... =|.. hubby & me wonder why such a rush.. since we intend to start work after the 7th month.. but nevertheless.. we will decide by this sat..

Yishun Ring Road is mine...No. 4. :D

Tiles goes by psf.. So depending on the tiles u selected. :-) Usually, it will take some time for you to choose your tiles...perhaps, get a feeling of what kinda of theme u are going for first....it might be easier for you to make decision... and hmmm...for Henry. perhaps, u can check with him what if u choose more expensive tiles...cause I am sure there will be a mixture of different pricing tiles u going to select...there are 2.60....3.00...3.20....4.20....even 5.20....then ask him to quote based on 3.50 also...and compare their price. Hope it helps.

Tiles is one thing..... U should also pay attention to carpentry (*not sure if u are doing any*)... My carpentry at Yishun is definitely nothing yet..As I just start my tiles. So I don't want u to make a waste trip to Yishun for nothing to see only tiles.. Perhaps, u can check with Jason, option 1 to 4...which one has tiles + carpentry ya? That would save u some time....unless u drive?...heehee...then no problem la...go for all 4 ...no harm. :rolleyes:

Edited by red_devil

u guys have been busy eh...

hmm... personally, i don't think they should try to 'rush' you guys into making a decision by this sat... is he saying that prices of the materials etc will rise after this week, but if you were to confirm by then, he will absorb the price hike?? doesn't seem very... 'honest' to me, but that's just my personal opinion... :D

Sorry didn't mean to be a kill-joy but it's disheartening to see IDs/contractors trying to put pressure on couples whom they know are on a budget...

thanks p3nguins! ya.. my hubby oso says if the "offers" end this weekend then we will just have to let it go..

actually we talked to henry.. he say it's okie to reply @ a later date.. =)

henry took us to a house @ woodlands to view his workmanship ytd.. but we can only see the tiles & paint work..

kitchen cabinet & wardrobe are not up yet.. =( kinda of disappointed..

Yishun Ring Road is mine...No. 4. :D

Tiles goes by psf.. So depending on the tiles u selected. :-) Usually, it will take some time for you to choose your tiles...perhaps, get a feeling of what kinda of theme u are going for first....it might be easier for you to make decision... and hmmm...for Henry. perhaps, u can check with him what if u choose more expensive tiles...cause I am sure there will be a mixture of different pricing tiles u going to select...there are 2.60....3.00...3.20....4.20....even 5.20....then ask him to quote based on 3.50 also...and compare their price. Hope it helps.

Tiles is one thing..... U should also pay attention to carpentry (*not sure if u are doing any*)... My carpentry at Yishun is definitely nothing yet..As I just start my tiles. So I don't want u to make a waste trip to Yishun for nothing to see only tiles.. Perhaps, u can check with Jason, option 1 to 4...which one has tiles + carpentry ya? That would save u some time....unless u drive?...heehee...then no problem la...go for all 4 ...no harm. :rolleyes:

hi red_devil! we didn't go to your house... we went to jurong west & bukit panjang flats ytd..

the owner @ jurong west was there.. we had a little chat with them regarding jason's work.. =)

their house was almost done.. so we can see the tile works & the cabinets.. seeing their flat also give us some ideas for our new house.. hee.. we really like the sand-tempered glass swing doors they had for the toilets.. but it cost a bit more than the bi-fold door.. really have to think about it now..

thanks p3nguins! ya.. my hubby oso says if the "offers" end this weekend then we will just have to let it go..

henry took us to a house @ woodlands to view his workmanship ytd.. but we can only see the tiles & paint work..

hi red_devil! we didn't go to your house... we went to jurong west & bukit panjang flats ytd..

the owner @ jurong west was there.. we had a little chat with them regarding jason's work.. =)

their house was almost done.. so we can see the tile works & the cabinets.. seeing their flat also give us some ideas for our new house.. hee.. we really like the sand-tempered glass swing doors they had for the toilets.. but it cost a bit more than the bi-fold door.. really have to think about it now..

har...I see.. I wonder how the sand-tempered swing glass door look like..I haven't reach the stage of "doors" yet. heehee.

Y didn't come my place ..... ha

Y didn't come my place ..... ha

henry didn't bring us there.. =(

he asked if we have been to your place.. we told him no.. then he say he's going down to your place to visit you either on sat or sun.. haha.. he didn't say he want to bring us there.. =p

sourcing for an ID...

list given by jason

1. Jurong West Blk 6XX

Haha! That's my place... I was there on Sat, waiting for my stove and hob to arrive.

Carpentry is not up yet cos I have just given Jason my laminate choice, he has been bugging me for the past 2 weeks. Carpentry should be up by end of this week. U and yr hubby are most welcome to visit my place for a second time. Dinner will not be served (just joking).

Edited by HomeMaster

Haha! That's my place... I was there on Sat, waiting for my stove and hob to arrive.

Carpentry is not up yet cos I have just given Jason my laminate choice, he has been bugging me for the past 2 weeks. Carpentry should be up by end of this week. U and yr hubby are most welcome to visit my place for a second time. Dinner will not be served (just joking).

Can I go to your place too LOL hahahaha :P

Vio.ple> Congrets to your new home :)

henry didn't bring us there.. =(

he asked if we have been to your place.. we told him no.. then he say he's going down to your place to visit you either on sat or sun.. haha.. he didn't say he want to bring us there.. =p

He came sat with his wife and children to visit Jaden :)

he did ask me if I'm ard sat afternoon . But I was outside so that might be the reason Y he din bring u down.

Anyway , if u happen to pop by woodlands can just arrange with me lor .

i went to the bedok 2XX before.. not bad..

Homeowner, ur house too far away.. for me i mean.. so never go ur house..

yishun one.. red devil, when's ur carpetry up, let me know ok.. :D kum sia...

i went to the bedok 2XX before.. not bad..

Homeowner, ur house too far away.. for me i mean.. so never go ur house..

yishun one.. red devil, when's ur carpetry up, let me know ok.. :D kum sia...

It's alright! Jason has a few showflats around the island... :)

vio. congrats on your new flat.

wonder if you've selected your tiles?

jason ask me to do so, but i havent had the time.

care to share abt your tile hunting experience?

thanks

vio. congrats on your new flat.

wonder if you've selected your tiles?

jason ask me to do so, but i havent had the time.

care to share abt your tile hunting experience?

thanks

thanks thanks!

hee.. i have selected my tiles..

but too lazy to upload the pics..

i'll upload them by this weekend.. :P