Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vio.ple

@ Serangoon

Congrats Vio~Nice layout, very spacious.. good idea to take down the wall between e balcony & living room hehe... it'll be a nice area for family & friends gathering

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

By the way, is that e garbage chute behind the kitchen wall? How old's the unit? So old school hee... :P

Hi vio.ple

congrats. Your kit look big in the pic.

By the way, is that e garbage chute behind the kitchen wall? How old's the unit? So old school hee... :P

hi pbtgal & p3nguins.. it's a 21yrs old flat.. thus everything is big & design is indeed very old school.. haha..

the stupid garbage chute is so out of the place.. the area there i'm really clueless on what to do with it..

any good ideas? hee...

Congrats Vio~Nice layout, very spacious.. good idea to take down the wall between e balcony & living room hehe... it'll be a nice area for family & friends gathering

i'm going to take down half of the wall only.. so that the light from the balcony can brighten up the dinning area..

the partition can also act as a backing for my sofa.. but is it very funny to leave half of the wall?

my hubby say it will look a bit funny.. like job done halfway..

welcome to serangoon!!!! hee where is ur unit???

yeah! i can't wait for the new mall to open!! so excited..

your place near the central? mine is just opposite st gab sec sch...

Congrats! Nice layout :)

thanks homemaster! i'm sending jason my floorplan tonight.. =p

hopefully can get good deal like yours..

i have another headache!!

not sure where to place my bed in mbr...

here are some ideas i have.. please help to comment...

*the grey box is a fake wall...

bed1 bedroom4.th.png

bed 2 bedroom3e.th.png

bed 3 bedroom2.th.png

bed 4 bedroom1k.th.png

bed 5 bedroom5y.th.png

thanks in advance!!!!

I will go for Bed 2.

Enough space for wardrobe and wont be block by the bed eg. Bed 1

Directions of the bed will not be facing windows so more privacy and minimize the possibility of having morning sun shining on your eyes in the morning.

hi pbtgal & p3nguins.. it's a 21yrs old flat.. thus everything is big & design is indeed very old school.. haha..

the stupid garbage chute is so out of the place.. the area there i'm really clueless on what to do with it..

any good ideas? hee...

i'm going to take down half of the wall only.. so that the light from the balcony can brighten up the dinning area..

the partition can also act as a backing for my sofa.. but is it very funny to leave half of the wall?

my hubby say it will look a bit funny.. like job done halfway..

yeah! i can't wait for the new mall to open!! so excited..

your place near the central? mine is just opposite st gab sec sch...

Haha I wish i had some ideas for you... i duno.. seal it up and use it as a storage area? but tt'll mean there's no other way for you to dump ya rubbish right?

Personally.. half e wall is a little weird.. plus you don't really need a wall as a backing for a sofa right? An added light source is always a good thing... unlike our new place our TV area has almost no light source, hence we're gonna do a glass wall for one of the bedrooms to allow more light source :P

i have another headache!!

not sure where to place my bed in mbr...

here are some ideas i have.. please help to comment...

*the grey box is a fake wall...

bed1 bedroom4.th.png

bed 2 bedroom3e.th.png

bed 3 bedroom2.th.png

bed 4 bedroom1k.th.png

bed 5 bedroom5y.th.png

thanks in advance!!!!

Is it a window on the left side? If it is...

(1) I think fengshui wise, it's not so good to have e head position close to the toilet bowl, plus u dont seem to have much walking space between e bed & wardrobe

(2) Same as 1, the proximity between position of the head area and toilet bowl (I may be wrong)

(3 & 4) If the left side is a window, 3 is a No-No.. 'cos supposedly it'll disturb your sleep as the sun rises

(5) Hmmm a little weird...

Consider option 3, but shifting the bed further in towards the wall? ;) Definitely keep the fake wall, 'cos you should never sleep under a beam...

You might want to SMS him after you sent him an email. He does not check his emails daily.

Haha I wish i had some ideas for you... i duno.. seal it up and use it as a storage area? but tt'll mean there's no other way for you to dump ya rubbish right?

Personally.. half e wall is a little weird.. plus you don't really need a wall as a backing for a sofa right? An added light source is always a good thing... unlike our new place our TV area has almost no light source, hence we're gonna do a glass wall for one of the bedrooms to allow more light source :P

Is it a window on the left side? If it is...

(1) I think fengshui wise, it's not so good to have e head position close to the toilet bowl, plus u dont seem to have much walking space between e bed & wardrobe

(2) Same as 1, the proximity between position of the head area and toilet bowl (I may be wrong)

(3 & 4) If the left side is a window, 3 is a No-No.. 'cos supposedly it'll disturb your sleep as the sun rises

(5) Hmmm a little weird...

Consider option 3, but shifting the bed further in towards the wall? ;) Definitely keep the fake wall, 'cos you should never sleep under a beam...

I will go for (4). Leave the door side vacant, from entrance your bedroom looks bigger....

Hihi Vio.ple,

Welcome to Serangoon. Im also very excited about the mall. Think they are doing up the structure already. Should be soon... at least the circle line started already. :D

hee.. your house got nice layout, all square squares. Easy to plan.

For your bed position, I would do it this way for myself. :)

Others.jpg

Edited by Rasp

hee.. mia for awhile..

still haven't confirm my id/contractor..

still waiting for a few more quotes.. =)

oh.. u gonna add a platform at the balcony. great idea.

The sliding door gonna remove also?

yup yup.. i'm going to remove the sliding door & add a platform @ the balcony..

Hihi Vio.ple,

Welcome to Serangoon. Im also very excited about the mall. Think they are doing up the structure already. Should be soon... at least the circle line started already. :D

hee.. your house got nice layout, all square squares. Easy to plan.

For your bed position, I would do it this way for myself. :)

Others.jpg

yup.. first step.. circle line.. then mall.. then more circle line.. haha.. can't wait..

thanks for the diagram.. i have merged your idea & bed 5..

below will be the position of my bed..

bedroom6.th.png

sourcing for an ID...

cutting the story short, we only went to see 3 ID/Contractors..

1. Alan @ City Design @ IMM

2. Henry @ I.D Note (from Supersimon27)

3. Jason (from HomeMaster)

as expected, alan's price was over our budget, he quoted around 35k without window grills & panes..

henry & jason's price was about the same except the tiles from jason were a bit expensive..

we called jason this afternoon to discuss with him about the price of the tiles.. he told us he quoted $3.50psf for tiles (henry's was $2.60 psf).. but he say if we are not taking such highend tiles, he can quote lesser.. as we didn't know what kind of tiles we want.. we told him we need to consider first.. guess we have to make a trip down to the tiles shop to take a look.. =)

jason also give us a few address so that we can make a trip down to see his workmanship...

list given by jason

1. Jurong West Blk 6XX

2. Bedok Blk 2XX <-- handover on sat..

3. Gangsa Road Blk 1XX <-- Homeowner.. is this your place? hee..

4. Yishun Ring Road Blk 3XX <-- starting work..

we will be going to take a look this sat..

although i wanted to go to all of them but hubby say we'll go down to a few.. =(

we are still considering between henry & jason.. henry told us we have to get back to him by this sat.. else the price might not be that cheap... =|.. hubby & me wonder why such a rush.. since we intend to start work after the 7th month.. but nevertheless.. we will decide by this sat..