Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tantc

Diy Project:cupboard And Shoe Cabinet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow, nice work... teach us :P

hi hi,

just still learning..... so fumbling along the way....

share share experiences lah... dun say teach....

i wan to see but i no facebook :(

Just click onto the provided link & register an account.

I try it as I did not have an account earlier on.

thanks thanks for everyone who gave comments...

I'm trying to improve the next cloth drawer unit that I will build.

Went crazy and bought myself a trimmer....... now I can cut grooves at the sides of the drawer for the bottom piece to slot in.....

also can trim laminate perfectly...... nice nice....

nice work, now im itching to do one also.

where did you get your materials? like the plyboard?

hi,

I bought it in the East, at simpang Bedok....

welcome to share experiences and ideas....

thanks thanks for everyone who gave comments...

I'm trying to improve the next cloth drawer unit that I will build.

Went crazy and bought myself a trimmer....... now I can cut grooves at the sides of the drawer for the bottom piece to slot in.....

also can trim laminate perfectly...... nice nice....

Actually u should make a base - about 2" high - it got its uses like levelling & make the cabinet more rigid.

U should also do the marking of the runner on both the cabinet & drawer before assembling to get a good alignment.

Lastly, a jig saw is more practical than the trimmer u bought.

Actually u should make a base - about 2" high - it got its uses like levelling & make the cabinet more rigid.

U should also do the marking of the runner on both the cabinet & drawer before assembling to get a good alignment.

Lastly, a jig saw is more practical than the trimmer u bought.

hiya,

thanks for the tip...... it's a first time project for me so I guessed there's still alot of 'best practises' for me to find out.......

Luckily, the runners were not out by much....

I have a new respect for our friendly carpenters..... they must have years of experiences to make perfect alignment all the time...

I need the trimmer to trim those irritating laminate and would be good to carve out the grooves for the drawer bottom.....

yup, the jig saw was the first thing I bought (well, not exactly, everyone starts with a drill).

you sound like a professional at this...... :) what's your vocation ?

oh yah... 1 more question to add..... do people normally laminate to the board, then fix to them together ? or fix them up (like what I do) and then do the lamination ?

right now I'm using 2" screws to secure board to board. If I do the laminate first, then I would need to use glue and those short wooden pegs ?

I think what my cabinet maker did was to pre assembly and laminate them, bring to my house, and do final round of lamination for the edges where these pre-fab pieces are joined together....

Edited by tantc

I'm a maid without pay. :( , currently still looking for job.

I love DIY and maintenance work like trouble shooting phone, fax machine, copier, fan and most of the power tools - applying some of the knowledge gain while working in the electronics manufacturing sector for some yrs.

From my working experiences in the furniture manufacuring sector, I more or less know some basic woodwork.

In carpentry work, the front panel of the drawer is normally laminated then screw together - from the inside of the drawer.

Edited by gladyslim