Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
voxy

Led Downlights

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We use a few at home.

LEDs are far more expensive than normal downlights, so you have to weigh the pros and cons. Ofc, there are some rich enough to place LEDs all over the house.

The light dispersion is also very focussed and narrow, almost like a torchlight beam. Creates a cosy effect, but definitely dim for those who like their house lit up. I think newer LED have been designed to give broader dispersion and brighter (using more bulbs with higher consumption). Newer LEDs also have better colour temperature, obviously also at a cost.

Other than that, we liked the sleek look of some of the LEDs, plus were told that they use as low as 1W electricity per LED bulb. So we put LEDs in walkways or doorways where we might leave the light on overnight, where they are bright enough to see at night but not too bright to affect sleep or night ambience.

The other advantage of LEDs is they run cooler than say halogen.

We use a few at home.

LEDs are far more expensive than normal downlights, so you have to weigh the pros and cons. Ofc, there are some rich enough to place LEDs all over the house.

The light dispersion is also very focussed and narrow, almost like a torchlight beam. Creates a cosy effect, but definitely dim for those who like their house lit up. I think newer LED have been designed to give broader dispersion and brighter (using more bulbs with higher consumption). Newer LEDs also have better colour temperature, obviously also at a cost.

Other than that, we liked the sleek look of some of the LEDs, plus were told that they use as low as 1W electricity per LED bulb. So we put LEDs in walkways or doorways where we might leave the light on overnight, where they are bright enough to see at night but not too bright to affect sleep or night ambience.

The other advantage of LEDs is they run cooler than say halogen.

THanks... are youres ceiling recess type? Was looking at the newer ones from Light Craft..... apparently it can achieve equivalent lumens like a 13W PLC with halogen color tone. THis will make the house look good without the heat. Still checking out the price....

THanks... are youres ceiling recess type? Was looking at the newer ones from Light Craft..... apparently it can achieve equivalent lumens like a 13W PLC with halogen color tone. THis will make the house look good without the heat. Still checking out the price....

You may want to check out the following place to see if the LED are cheaper/better than LightCraft's:

SIM LIM TOWER #03-14 Xin-Long (as in "New Dragon"), Mr Ni

He's able to customize according to your needs.

Hi voxy,

How is your research on LED ligts? Any updates? I am very interested in using LED lights too.

Hi

I am exploring LED downlights for my house. Understand that they consume less electricity as compared to the normal ones. Can anyone share with me what is the price range of 1 set? Are there any difference that I need to take note when shopping for them? Any recommended type?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm looking for LED lighting too. These two threads might be useful to you.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...35774&st=40

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=36558&hl=

Hihi

Went to some lighting shops last Friday and the sales person still recommend PLC lightings. LED ones does not have sufficient brightness and we will need more lighting points if installed. It will be more suitable for display purposes rather than using them as main lighting source. Though LED bulbs use lesser watt but the 'balast' using more watt (i.e 3 leds bulbs uses 3W but the balast uses 7W).

I am from a private developer company and my project managers advised the same too. PLC is still more practical and if we are using reputable energy saver ones like Philip, we can also achieve brighter and less energy lights.

I think has been designed to give the latest LED wider and brighter dispersion using more lamps with high consumption. Last lamps also the best color temperature, it is also clear in the cost..

I bought led downlight at 90/piece. Is it ex?

quite e leh... ur LED downlight size is the 4 inch frame or the bigger?