Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
voxy

Led Downlights

LED lights can be a pinch when u bought it first but u wont regret it after u receive ur first bill... :) PLC downlights is already energy saving bt LED is even more! my bill for the first month is less than $50!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

<!--quoteo(post=625063:date=Apr 1 2011, 05:43 PM:name=Beancurd33)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beancurd33 @ Apr 1 2011, 05:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=625063"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi,

I'm looking for LED lighting too. These two threads might be useful to you.

<a href="http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35774&st=40" target="_blank">http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...35774&st=40</a>

<a href="http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36558&hl=" target="_blank">http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=36558&hl=</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hihi

Went to some lighting shops last Friday and the sales person still recommend PLC lightings. LED ones does not have sufficient brightness and we will need more lighting points if installed. It will be more suitable for display purposes rather than using them as main lighting source. Though LED bulbs use lesser watt but the 'balast' using more watt (i.e 3 leds bulbs uses 3W but the balast uses 7W).

I am from a private developer company and my project managers advised the same too. PLC is still more practical and if we are using reputable energy saver ones like Philip, we can also achieve brighter and less energy lights.

nt entirely true leh... used PLC lightings b4 and compare the energy used to LED...the meter reading bar outside my house doesnt spin as fast as the LED...it is bright as well depending on wat sizes u gonna take... plus LED is better on eyes :) u cn check out this warehouse at eunos coz last time i chck was that they selling at $85 for a standard 4 inch frame which is quite big enough if u use it for living rm:) retail shops selling at $100-$130 PER LED downlight..

Hi all, your comments are not exactly true as well. It's true on your part that LED saves more electricity, and LED is eco-friendly as it don't contain mercury. But so far, as tested in the market, in order for a LED downlight to match up the LUX level of a 13W x 2 PLC downlights, it will take about 15W-18W LED to match up with the LUX level. Of course there's a save of 30%,and thats a substantial amount in long term.

But please take note, LED at $85 for one is a bit of risk-taking. What I mean is it's cheap for a LED downlight, because a whole LED downlight comprises of it's LED Driver, the heat sink and the LED itself. In fact, with 85dollars, what kind of driver are you getting? what type of LED are you getting? And also, LED fixture most important factor is it's heat sink at the back, whether it is made of aluminium and whether it is capable of ventilate the heat from the LED itself (as LED's heat are directed through the back, compared to halogen from the front.) So there are alot of factors to take note when getting a led fixture,because good LED can last you 5-10yrs without changing its colour temperature(Kelvin), whereas cheap LED will encounter changes/ damages in the 1st yr after use.

So I will advise all to look properly, the best is to see whether the seller can give you any warranty before you buy it. I don't think $85.00 will have any warranty, something like BATA(buy and throw away). But if you guys are looking for good quality products, you can PM me. Thank you.

Hi just to share with you guys.

Recently i bought 30nos of LED downlight for a total price of 1575.00( 7W LED downlight Taiwan ) for my new renovated house.

Understand from my elecronic engineer friend is that you got to compare the lux level, LED driver, and which brand of LED they use.

In the market, there are brand as follow

Cree , Nichia , Osram , edison and philips.

We cannot base on the spec to buy the LED lighting.

My house LED spec as following

Dimension size: diameter 100mm x depth 25mm

tilable 0~45 degree

Beaming Angle : 60 degrees

color : Netural White 4000K

White Finishes

Hope this info help when you guys are sourcing for good LED lighting.

S$200+ for a downlight is beyond the explanation of economics.

Hey Collin,

Are you able to provide a rough gauge or range, how much it would cost me to fit LEDs for all lightings for a 93sqm 4 room resale flat?

Hi just to share with you guys.

Recently i bought 30nos of LED downlight for a total price of 1575.00( 7W LED downlight Taiwan ) for my new renovated house.

Understand from my elecronic engineer friend is that you got to compare the lux level, LED driver, and which brand of LED they use.

In the market, there are brand as follow

Cree , Nichia , Osram , edison and philips.

We cannot base on the spec to buy the LED lighting.

My house LED spec as following

Dimension size: diameter 100mm x depth 25mm

tilable 0~45 degree

Beaming Angle : 60 degrees

color : Netural White 4000K

White Finishes

Hope this info help when you guys are sourcing for good LED lighting.

Hi Limys, just saw your posting.. do you mind sharing what brand of LED lighting you bought from?

i just ordered 30pcs of samsung epistar led (60leds) recessed downlights 12w from china .. hopefully i get the items in good condition

size 150mm X 150mm X 30mm

cut out size 120mm X 120mm X 30mm ..

not sure if its a bit too big the size of the downlights ... but if too small i scare nt bright enough ..:(

i just ordered 30pcs of samsung epistar led (60leds) recessed downlights 12w from china .. hopefully i get the items in good condition

size 150mm X 150mm X 30mm

cut out size 120mm X 120mm X 30mm ..

not sure if its a bit too big the size of the downlights ... but if too small i scare nt bright enough ..:(

Ayukie, if it's not too much to ask. How much u got the led each?

Actually I find the 3W LED downlights more than enough for lighting my house... I place them at multiple points (e.g. 5 lights along the long corridor... 4 lights in the bathroom... etc) and it looks good and gives enough lighting for my needs. Plus, they are cheap at about $34 per light. I'm not sure why there are so many people buying the LED downlights with such high voltage? I actually find them to be far too glaring and defeats the purpose of saving electricity leh....

90% of my house is using LED, the only light not LED is kitchen & toilet light which i will change when the bulb blown.. :yamseng:

Rooms: Fanco Fan + LED light kit

Rest is downlights (5 inch - 12 watt & 3 inch - 6 watt) and LED strips as cove light.

90% of my house is using LED, the only light not LED is kitchen & toilet light which i will change when the bulb blown.. :yamseng:

Rest is downlights (5 inch - 12 watt & 3 inch - 6 watt) and LED strips as cove light.

my downlights is 6 inch .. is it too big? hmz .. size is 150mm by 150mm but cut out size 120mm by 120mm ..

Ayukie, if it's not too much to ask. How much u got the led each?

hmz best price they can offer me is about 35 ~ 40 SGD bucks each i think including delivery ..

Edited by ayukie

Im also trying to do full house led but i think i will miz a few engery saving bulbs cause i like some ceiling lights that fixtures but i have no idea if those bulbs can be changed to use led instead :( although some of those fixtures have led as well (combi lights) hmz ..

Actually I find the 3W LED downlights more than enough for lighting my house... I place them at multiple points (e.g. 5 lights along the long corridor... 4 lights in the bathroom... etc) and it looks good and gives enough lighting for my needs. Plus, they are cheap at about $34 per light. I'm not sure why there are so many people buying the LED downlights with such high voltage? I actually find them to be far too glaring and defeats the purpose of saving electricity leh....

Erm im trying to reduce the number of light points lol so brighter than save light points mah whahhaaa ... i scare not bright enough also cause my ceiling although hdb they all says is higher than the norm .. *bleahz*

Erm im trying to reduce the number of light points lol so brighter than save light points mah whahhaaa ... i scare not bright enough also cause my ceiling although hdb they all says is higher than the norm .. *bleahz*

My ceiling is also higher than norm as i stay at top floor, tink few inches higher..5 inch i find juz nice, if u want 6 inch its ok...personal preference..

OIC, but just I thought that all LED downlight is more of a spotlight effect (similar to halogen) than a PLC downlight look so if you have very bright but fewer points it will just mean the part directly under the light is v bright and the rest is not much diff? Anyway, I'm staying in condo and the false ceiling is 2.8m or so, and the 3W is just nice.