Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

how do you do the box up of the pipes in the mbr on the left? is it legal to box up pipes? thought that cant box up..

will your shower pipes etc be outside or concealed already?

i don't know if it is legal, but i have seen many people box up pipes, and it's not on the "not allowed" list.

my shower pipes will be concealed

only thing cannot conceal is electrical trunking

Wa lao, electrical trunking also use laser... steady... u picked the right guy. :D

When my window contractor do up my window frames, he used strings only...

that's why he's so expensive, he's in the laser age.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Day 27

2 man came today, finished all grouting for kitchen and common toilet, levelled floor in the rest of the house, painted another layer of door paint (Nippon Aqua Bodelac).

Overview of the house in the evening

overviewt.jpg

Levelling of floor in living room

levellingh.jpg

Levelling of floor in MBR

levelling1.jpg

MBR bathroom's wiring

mbrbath.jpg

Living room's (previous bedroom 2) wiring

wiringk.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $200

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5400 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Total reno bill as of now: $8740.21

Tomorrow will have both workers to work half day in the morning to flatten the MBR more as it's rather bumpy, and to install various things like my doorbell, laundry pole holder, laundry poles, need to cut my kitchen worktop into 2, and dig out a space in the bookcase for my DB box.

I bought some painting gear from Daiso today, and some clear Pylox spray for waterproofing of ikea furniture :D My painting is almost done, just need to put final coat.

i don't know if it is legal, but i have seen many people box up pipes, and it's not on the "not allowed" list.

my shower pipes will be concealed

only thing cannot conceal is electrical trunking

Maybe like what my contractor says, boxing up is only a temporary fixture. Conceal is like conceal with cement.

But still be careful, in govt eyes, anything not explicitly stated is by default a NO.

:D

Maybe like what my contractor says, boxing up is only a temporary fixture. Conceal is like conceal with cement.

But still be careful, in govt eyes, anything not explicitly stated is by default a NO.

I don't think boxing up is illegal though. As per HDB website, anything stated clearly that u should not do, u cannot do. Otherwise, it is gd to go. In any case, anyone can go back to their HDB officer to get the approval if unsure.

Asethetic wise, boxing up the pipes make the toilet looks better in my opinion. Renovation is not only abt renovating the place but beautifying the home at the same time. If boxing is really not allowed, the worst case that can happen is remove the boxing when problem arises in the future. :)

I don't think boxing up is illegal though. As per HDB website, anything stated clearly that u should not do, u cannot do. Otherwise, it is gd to go. In any case, anyone can go back to their HDB officer to get the approval if unsure.

Asethetic wise, boxing up the pipes make the toilet looks better in my opinion. Renovation is not only abt renovating the place but beautifying the home at the same time. If boxing is really not allowed, the worst case that can happen is remove the boxing when problem arises in the future. :)

You have got a point. When selling house, HDB says this is illegal, then you remove the work lo.

Remove Box-up is easy. If the removal work needs hacking... then... more difficult....still can o but cost more...

For e.g for 3 room flats, only one of the toilet can install heater point only. But many people both toilets also install.

Edited by gantan88

You have got a point. When selling house, HDB says this is illegal, then you remove the work lo.

Remove Box-up is easy. If the removal work needs hacking... then... more difficult....still can o but cost more...

For e.g for 3 room flats, only one of the toilet can install heater point only. But many people both toilets also install.

Huh? Is there a rule that only one of the toilet can install heater only? I am installing in both!

Huh? Is there a rule that only one of the toilet can install heater only? I am installing in both!

Base on my understanding, it's allowed only 1 heater point(heater-tank type), but u can install a 2-way heater-switch, but if it's an "instant-water heater" type , its fine to install 2.....of cuz, same like in the army....u can do anything....just dont get caught !

Day 28

2 men came today but both came in morning only, finished all acid wash of tiles, installation of doorbell, cloths rod holder, toilet paper holder, corner shelf in wc, cutting of ikea kitchen worktop, cutting hole in billy shelf for storage of DB.

Kitchen done

kitcheno.jpg

Shower done

showerw.jpg

Toilet done

wc1.jpgwc2.jpg

Cutting, laminating cut end and sanding down cut end of kitchen worktop

worktop.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $100

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5500 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Total reno bill as of now: $8840.21

got back key from the workers, will be using new padlock for obvious reason

Edited by ossify

Day 28 (Electrical)

Wiring for MBR shower

showertop.jpg

Regulator under MBR window for aircon

regulatork.jpg

Wiring beside MBR door

mbrwire.jpg

Wiring beside main door

billy2.jpg

Cutout of shelf for DB box

billya.jpg

Edited by ossify

Wow ... so all complete? All seems ready to go. :)

tomorrow will be delivery of washing machine and fridge

wednesday will be arrival of plumber and meeting door+gate person to do site measurement

sat will be installing digital lock and kitchen bottom cabinets

still awaiting confirmation of when to do site measurement of glass sliding door, and awaiting wc sales person

need to touch up paint job too

next saturday going to buy switches/fans

after all these done, then can get laminate people to install

then can move in already

Cool (y) Remember to take pictures of your house with full of its glory

are you my first contractor? :D

Yes, according to HDB regulation. U can still install both at 2 toilets but when u selling house, HDB officers will request you to remove all unauthorised works. So u have to tear down your heater, electrical trunking and wires for either one of the toilet.

Since you install liao, be reminded not to use the heaters for both at toilets at the same time, if not it may trip the whole house electricity. Overloaded.

For me, i install heater at kitchen toilet. But master toilet i run the wirings only, in case i really wan to install heater in future. Nex time sell house, i will tell the HDB officer that i run the additional heater point by mistake but didnt use it. My wall also dun have drilled holes marking for the mounting of heater, so they can close one eye.