Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HARAM98

Any Experience In Buying From Silver River

Hi everyone.

i am new to this forum. Need some advise on purchasing furniture from Silver River. Please share your experience dealing with them. thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I believe there was a topic in this forum about bad experiences with Silver River. It appears to have been removed by the mod.

Normally that rings a warning bell. Still sometimes companies can get bad rep due to just one lousy salesman. Rest might be good.

So you could buy from them if your really like the price and design, but be careful and get everything written in black and white before you commit..

was there for window shopping but never buy anything there.

mmh...guess it was a nice place to be due to the choices available but some of the items looked to be Made in China.

Anyway, I was there cos I was jus around the area. =)

Cheers

i buy from them a few yrs ago, before. better dun buy from them. i bought a wardrobe with them, but after 1 to 2 yrs, it started to have moulds, whitish colour stuff, and then even the whole wardrobe door came tumbling down on me!!!!! the quality is so **** lousy. what u guys think? but the salesman who attended to me still quite nice and friendly that time.

Hi everyone.

i am new to this forum. Need some advise on purchasing furniture from Silver River. Please share your experience dealing with them. thanks

i went there 3 times but din even buy one item.

(1) to look see during our very initial furnishing shopping

(2) wanted to confirm one sofa but in the end the lack of assurance on warranty issues made us give it up

(3) decided to give one more chance as looking for cheap guestroom furniture. but gimmicks all over....wanted to buy one queen bedframe (transport $50) and queen mattress (another transport $40)..yup transport is charged per item...

Hi everyone.

bad bad bad experience with the sale gal there.She is unfriendly to deal with.better dun buy furniture fom there..

(3) decided to give one more chance as looking for cheap guestroom furniture. but gimmicks all over....wanted to buy one queen bedframe (transport $50) and queen mattress (another transport $40)..yup transport is charged per item...

they also try to charge us the mattress transport. Then i told the sale girl. If like that I go to my neighbor furniture shop and bought.

Since the price is the same. No extra transport fee.

The sale girl go and discuss with other lady, come back say can waive the mattress transport but other item.

seems like all bad experiences here with silver river...maybe i'm the only one who was quite satisfied with them...

but that was very long ago...i bought most of my furnitures from them in late 2000...service and quality of

goods all very good...bought my sofa set, TV console, 3 queen size bedframes+mattresses and 1 super single

bedframe+mattress...till now all still in good condition except the sofa set...we hv changed to L-shape sofa 3 yrs ago..

i buy from them a few yrs ago, before. better dun buy from them. i bought a wardrobe with them, but after 1 to 2 yrs, it started to have moulds, whitish colour stuff, and then even the whole wardrobe door came tumbling down on me!!!!! the quality is so **** lousy. what u guys think? but the salesman who attended to me still quite nice and friendly that time.

I also read from another forum that their furniture develop mould after a while

I brought 2 TV consoles from them but not delivered yet...so I shall not comment about the quality of furniture first...

As for service, I find them Ok leh...I got serve by this middle age man call Danny and I will said he is very patient and knowledgeable to show us around.

Actually we bought 3 items -2 TV Consoles and 1 dresser but I told him that I might only buy 2 items as my wife cannot make up my mind whether the dresser is the right one.

In the end, we found another dresser elsewhere and went back to cancel the one we order from Sliver river...they accepted our request without further pestering or questioning...in which I find very :good: and professional.

I feel comfortable with their service and will surely go back to buy more items if I need any in future.

But be remindered their item price before GST and they might charge delivery if you buying single item below certain cost..

Again sometimes I find buying things Hian sway lah...so far I am the lucky one that mostly good shopping experience...hehee :D

Whew. Good thing I left them the first time I received a defective sofa from them. Thankfully, I've never had a better experience ever since I switched with Bedroom Furniture Warehouse.

I recommend shopping at IKEA when you have a very limited budget. If you have a better budget shop at the better stores such as

Lorenzo, Cellini, Lifestorey, OM