Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mr.woodhead

Which Direction Facing Is Better?

Hi, I would like to know whether it will be hot if the flat is facing North-West direction?

The living room and 2 common rooms will be facing North-West while the masterbedroom is facing South-West.

I heard from some people saying that it will be very hot in the afternoon till evening time due to the sunset.

I have another unit from the South-East direction to choose from but the South-West one have a nicer unblocked view and maybe more windy at night.

Any suggestions?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ur s-w facing may not be that bad. but then again, s-e is even better. i'd suggest that u go for another

viewing for e s-w facing unit at 5+ 6 in e evening to get a feel before u commit.

tough choice.... end of e day, its what u willing to accept vs what u willing to give up. :bangwall:

from my personal experience, like what cookiez said, west is worst. cos my current living room n

1 common room is getting direct west sun. even when we turn on e aircon at 7+ 8, it still not as cold.

my new unit will be n-s facing w no west sun at all. so i'm a happy man :sport-smiley-018:

my advice? continue to search. cos like what our dear minister said, a house is a long-term financial

committment. so take ur time bro... good luck in ur hunt :yamseng:

Edited by Batman

Hi, I would like to know whether it will be hot if the flat is facing North-West direction?

The living room and 2 common rooms will be facing North-West while the masterbedroom is facing South-West.

I heard from some people saying that it will be very hot in the afternoon till evening time due to the sunset.

I have another unit from the South-East direction to choose from but the South-West one have a nicer unblocked view and maybe more windy at night.

Any suggestions?

I am living in a unit facing the southwest, chose it because of the unblocked view.

Any suggestions?

If you believe in bazi and fengshui, then a good facing direction means more than just the amount of sun and wind a particular unit gets. But if you don't, my bet is on north-south, primarily because of sun and heat issues.

Edited by Milgram

Any suggestions?

Mine was facing NW, FSM said this is FS house, so just buy lor.

But so far not bad, the only thing is quite hot.