Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Folks

Which Laminate Flooring Brand Should I Use?

hi there

happened to saw a promotion from bilrich... $3psf for Alsafloor Clip300 series...

anyone can advise? im looking for laminate flooring made in europe for my existing unit.

there seemed to be quite a lot of brands at expo...dunno which is good, but this alsafloor promotion looked to be cheaper of all the quotes i had so far.

pls help >.<

Seen it too, but considering that it is only 7mm thick, AC3, and also very artificial looking, I think it is a low-end product. Got to compare apple with apple :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

AC5 is more suitable for industrial use. Which is those you often see in Courts and Ikea...etc.

For home uses, AC4 is the top notch material to use. AC3 will be okay.

Parador and Kronotex is both from Germany and Prego is from Sweden. For the noobies about laminates, I will advise you people to head down to Expo this week to take a look. You can go one by one to seek for quotation. I spent 12Hours in the hall just to decide on my 3 bedrooms laminates and learnt alot. Oh just to share abit more, all 3 brands which I came across had aluminium-oxide covered on top of the laminate. This is what they claimed to reduced eroding and etc. Other than that, its the different type of material used underneath the laminate and the material to stick in between the laminates and the exisiting tiling. There is some other selling points from each brand so it depend how convinced u are. Other common quality that these laminate is that they are water proof and and to withstand small fire (demostration provided). Currently 8mm is what is the standard size, any shorter than 8mm is not recommended.

As for Supreme and others, I can't comment as I never went to.

Disclaimer: Just sharing what I've learnt from my experience in Expo yesterday. Not promoting any brands here. If any comments I had made is felt biased, pls feel free to tell me.

Anyone here interested to install laminate flooring, supply by Inovar Flooring. i had deposited $500. Willing to let at $400. The deposit is transferable & no expiry date.

Package including:-

- Base on est 450 sqft (3 bedroom), can be upgrade or downgrade. No limitation.

1) No color limit, free simple design.

2) Coordinate with main contractor / ID

3) No more hidden cost.

4) Option to hack skirting for 3 bedroom $200. (Hack, clear & free plastering)

5) Trim wooden door if require as goodwill

6) Supply new skirting and trimming and reinstallation

7) Lifetime guarantee on material - stain, fading, surface wear, workmanship and termite resistance.

8) No expiry date.

9) Price will be based on actual site measurement.

10) Option to use 0% instalmant plan by using UOB credit card up to 12 mths.

11) Option to do rubber underlay @ $1.00 sq ft (est. $450)

Serve and handle by Sales Manager (Singapore branch). Quite impress and like by his service.

Due to my personal reason, not able to op for this laminate flooring.

Interested buyer, please email to me @ typ126@yahoo.com

I recommend Quick Step.

About to install it next week in my HDB flat.

Price is reasonable and I like the "Feel" of the Largo series... can't wait for the installation.

But the nicest thing is the service from the Sale Manager David.

Unlike most of the vendors ... he is very helpful and reasonable.

Not the cheapest but I felt it's value for the quality and service given.

PM me if you need his contact.

I strongly recommend QS.

Hi All :)

Would like to seek your advices on flooring works, we're planning to get a separate flooring vendor to do laminate flooring for all the bedrooms and for the overall renovator to do homogenous flooring for the living room. As we're newbies in renovation, i have a few queries:

1. Should we have the laminate flooring and skirting done in our bedrooms first before asking my contractor to bring the wardrobe in and install it against the wall? Or is it another way round, in which the floor area under the wardrobe is not laminate flooring and skirting in till the wardrobe only?

2. If the laminate that we are using is thicker, does that mean the floor leveling of the living room and bedrooms are different, bedroom will be higher in floor lelve after lamination and living room is lower - isnt that weird?? How should we usually resolve this? How are finishes liked for when the edges of laminate flooring and homogenous flooring meet each other?

Appreciate your comments on this.

Thank you so much! :)

cheers!

Hi All :)

Would like to seek your advices on flooring works, we're planning to get a separate flooring vendor to do laminate flooring for all the bedrooms and for the overall renovator to do homogenous flooring for the living room. As we're newbies in renovation, i have a few queries:

1. Should we have the laminate flooring and skirting done in our bedrooms first before asking my contractor to bring the wardrobe in and install it against the wall? Or is it another way round, in which the floor area under the wardrobe is not laminate flooring and skirting in till the wardrobe only?

2. If the laminate that we are using is thicker, does that mean the floor leveling of the living room and bedrooms are different, bedroom will be higher in floor lelve after lamination and living room is lower - isnt that weird?? How should we usually resolve this? How are finishes liked for when the edges of laminate flooring and homogenous flooring meet each other?

Appreciate your comments on this.

Thank you so much! :)

cheers!

Hi, on the first point; since it's a build-in wardrobe and you are never going to see to bottom of it unless you tear it down one day, you probably don't need it below. But if you do, you have to take care that the skirting does not obstruct your wardrobe.

On the second matter, not to worry, your flooring contractor will provide the hi-lo adapter trim at the doorway, so the height difference will not be obvious.

Sth to share: Anyone discussing with their laminate flooring company can ask for a 5% wastages will be enough to be covered. Usually they will quote 10% wastages which is more than enough. Usually we will be paying for nothing for the additional 5% wastages which were never used before.

Hi guys, maybe u all can try Foreign Unique, they claim that their laminate flooring had a layer of wax at the edge to prevent water to go in. my house had installed it for half year, so far so good & the price looks good also. can call 8288 4457 to ask for quotation if u want.

Hi there, I'll also need advise too.. Went to expo last week and was intro with Tarkett and Parador laminated flooring by a company. Website : http://www.evorich.com.sg/index.asp

I was quoted $6.50 psf for their best material.. Both laminated materials are from Eroupe.

Am I being 'carrot' by them? I've yet to pay the deposit with them, am going to by tomorrow..

Any advise? ;)

Try the eco-art series by woodlandeasiflor at www.woodlandeasiflor.com with better performance in terms of hardness, abrasion and scratch resistance over laminate flooring.

Hi there, I'll also need advise too.. Went to expo last week and was intro with Tarkett and Parador laminated flooring by a company. Website : http://www.evorich.com.sg/index.asp

I was quoted $6.50 psf for their best material.. Both laminated materials are from Eroupe.

Am I being 'carrot' by them? I've yet to pay the deposit with them, am going to by tomorrow..

Any advise? ;)

Hi beachfox,

I have used Evorich services before for my terrace house to install Tarkett laminated flooring about 6 years ago. I am not sure about Parador. I must say that these people are really good at laminated flooring. Till now I do not need to any maintenance at all. Just clean it every now and then it will still look brand new. I have therefore saved quite a sum of money on varnishes and maintenance in the long run.

Some of my friends have switched from parquet and other laminate flooring to Tarkett after seeing my house.

$6.50 psf may seem pricey for you but if you can add up the savings on floor maintenance over a period of many years, this price is actually better and lower than what market pricing. It really depends on you, I hope my experience can help you.

On top of that, I am also very pleased with their client relationship system. Just receive a call from them, asking me to give them my feedback of my user experience, whether I am happy with what I bought and if I got any recommendation on how they can improve their services. So far they are the only contractor that called me for feedback and referral every now and then unlike my other contractors. They are not just service providers only, but relationship builders.

You can look for Jocelyn. She's a very nice lady. :)

Edited by MichelleSee

Hi beachfox,

I have used Evorich services before for my terrace house to install Tarkett laminated flooring about 6 years ago. I am not sure about Parador. I must say that these people are really good at laminated flooring. Till now I do not need to any maintenance at all. Just clean it every now and then it will still look brand new. I have therefore saved quite a sum of money on varnishes and maintenance in the long run.

You can look for Jocelyn. She's a very nice lady. :)

6 years ago, there was no Tarkett laminate flooring in S'pore.

I'm sure you are a nice lady Jocelyn :D

I think for the benefit of clients who have seen this thread and they are not in this industry. It will be better for them to go to their floor contractors, see, feel and decide the flooring brand for themselves. Recommendations on the forum may not be 100% right. It really depends on individual preferences and interests.

Remember, you are going to be living with the flooring for the next 5, 10 years or even forever. You can look at the recommendations online in an objective way but make your own decision. This is your hardearned money so use it wisely.

The other thing I realise is there is a lot of 'fightings' going on in many threads....

For a fair writeout, I hope people in the same industry could compete in a fair contest. Let's talk good about own products and not talk bad about competitors' products. This way, we will let the consumers decide better. The market is very huge.

Cheers.