Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Folks

Which Laminate Flooring Brand Should I Use?

there are hardly any reviews in this section. It has somehow developed a self advert (done lousily) way.

if potential home owners are lazy, i.e. post here instead of checking out tblogs themselves, then they have to pray for good luck le.

we must all open our eyes big big, not only laminated flooring got people post... its everywhere in this forum.

Users have to "depend on themselves" to identify true end users.

But even so, opinions of end users would differ as expectations are different and maybe things have changed over time.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yeah,

I agreed with both tansn and gimz. Consumers should make wise decisions in buying. Furthermore, I will definitely not buy from someone who talks bad or attack his or her competitors even if their products are very good.

6 years ago, there was no Tarkett laminate flooring in S'pore.

I'm sure you are a nice lady Jocelyn :D

200721632D = EVORICH HOLDINGS PTE. LTD. KIM CHUAN TERRACE Live

201012213H = EVORICH WORKS PTE. LTD. KIM CHUAN TERRACE Live

This can be extract from ACRA website with registration number, 2007 & 2010.. so if 6years ago 2004XXXXXX will be the registration number :)

Went to Expo Yesterday. There is a wide selection of flooring products there. Bombarded with a lot of information and agressive sales people.

I decided on a new DIY Laminate Flooring Product Called Allure from Evorich Holdings.

Looks good and useful. I'm planning to order from them tonight for my gallery. Another reason why I choose this company is that the sales staff, Jocelyn, is very patient with me.

Thank you for the info on this new product. Anywhere to get more info on Allure? website?

I also went to Expo on monday to see one of the organisers. While at the Evorich booth, I was told that they just got this Allure floor brand distributorship recently..

So far to my knowledge, they are the sole Singapore distributor holding this Allure brand.

Was shown the video presentation of the product. I have very high confidence that this Allure brand will be a hit in Singapore market soon. Its pretty easy to use, I think my kid will also know how to install these floors.

Evorich guys, please quickly intergrate this Allure brand into your website and good luck! :)

Edited by tansn

I am interested this Allure floor DIY product too. I think it is still brand new in the market. Can't Google it yet and it is not in Evorich website yet.

Is the expo over? I think I will go down to Evorich Holdings booth to check it out.

Cheers.

Hi Mr Terminator,

I think the expo ends this sunday. :)

hi all i went to expo 2 weeks back and im kinda interested in both the berry floor series and supreme series.

any views or recommendations on these 2 brands?

1 thing to note, neon creative was the first booth i dropped by and upon seeing their readily available laminates i realised they were all old collections from year 2006.

for new designs the salesperson kelvin said i had to wait 2 weeks. is this the norm for them?

neon quoted me $5.50psf and additional $800 for a platform. is this expensive?

supreme quoted me $4psf and the platform is only $500-$600.

supreme is from msia and neon is from europe.

which brand should i go for?

Hi guys,

I have also put down a deposit for allure flooring during the last expo. Although im having second thots now as a google search has revealed some of the problems (chemical smell, flooring is assembled by a clicking mechanism and not glued hence im wondering how secure can it be...). But my contract with evorich allows me to switch to tarkett laminate flooring if i decide to. Anyways, i am hoping that someone in this forum has had their allure resillient flooring installed and perhaps provide a field report of the product. Also, if anyone keen to share their experience with evorich and tarkett laminate flooring, i will greatly appreciate it too.

Cheers

CY

From what I gathered on google search of this product, I would be very very wary about using it for the home. There is a big question mark about the health safety and also fire safety. It is a misnormer to call it laminate floor, as the core is actually made from recycle vinyl waste from China, where else real laminate floors are more than 90% wood, and eco-friendly. Better not to risk your family lives and health on such product.

In the pursuit of profits, many companies tend to loose their sense of social responsibility and ethic.

Anyway, it may be a good idea to check with BCA (Bldg & Const. Authority) on the safety of this product first.

Edited by gettome

From what I gathered on google search of this product, I would be very very wary about using it for the home. There is a big question mark about the health safety and also fire safety. It is a misnormer to call it laminate floor, as the core is actually made from recycle vinyl waste from China, where else real laminate floors are more than 90% wood, and eco-friendly. Better not to risk your family lives and health on such product.

In the pursuit of profits, many companies tend to loose their sense of social responsibility and ethic.

Anyway, it may be a good idea to check with BCA (Bldg & Const. Authority) on the safety of this product first.

so what is allure resillient flooring actually ? laminate ? real solid wood ? does it has warrenty n what does it covers ?

actually guys, is there any real water proof floorings n non hollow/cracking sound where i can just overlay.. sick n tired of worryin for water issues..

regardless of brands, laminate is just a compressed wood which has ugly trimmings/water fear/ hollow....

amazingly they are some selling higher than marble -_-

so what is allure resillient flooring actually ? laminate ? real solid wood ? does it has warrenty n what does it covers ?

actually guys, is there any real water proof floorings n non hollow/cracking sound where i can just overlay.. sick n tired of worryin for water issues..

regardless of brands, laminate is just a compressed wood which has ugly trimmings/water fear/ hollow....

amazingly they are some selling higher than marble -_-

Nothing amazing. They have their pros and cons, so if you don't like it than get yourself a piece of marble :)

Nothing amazing. They have their pros and cons, so if you don't like it than get yourself a piece of marble :)

wah... u mean marble is cheaper than laminate?

wah... u mean marble is cheaper than laminate?

Both have different grades ;)

So if you compare a high grade laminate with a low grade marble; marble is cheaper, but compare with high grade marble, of course laminate is cheaper.

once u compare anything that is of different materials, den u're no longer comparing apple to apple, even though both items are flooring materials. when doing comparison, shld always be apple to apple.

each flooring material has its pros n cons. think abt wat one wants for the flooring, and den compare within that category.

Both have different grades ;)

So if you compare a high grade laminate with a low grade marble; marble is cheaper, but compare with high grade marble, of course laminate is cheaper.

Like to ask, what is the price for the lowest grade of marble psf in Singapore?