Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkytan

Where To Get Those Metal Shelves For Storage In The Storeroom?

can i have e contact for the storeroom rack

i got my shelf from a guy called Tony for S$180
i think my dimension just a bit longer than yours.

Exact same colour ...

3 men came to fix up and it took approx half an hour..

so far so good..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks to fellow forummers; I got the info for storage rack. Called up Sim Win Liang & Yee Sin (as they are widely recommended).

Sim Win Liang - very helpful over the phone; unfortunately they do not do customised shelving.

Yee Sin - bad conversation over the phone with an auntie; she then hang up on me!

me: hello, Yee Sin?

auntie: yes

me: oh hello, auntie, u do customised rack right? can you tell me what material u use for the frame.

auntie: you got see our website or not? it say there what, slotted angles.

me: yes yes auntie, i can see, but what material?

auntie: you dont' know how to see website is it? it is on the website what; if you cannot see then you better come to see at our warehouse la, u don't know slotted angles, u also don't know what i talking about.

me: auntie, i know slotted angle, i'm asking, what material la. U know what I mean?

auntie: aiyah, you can't see website, you don't know slottle angle, then I also cannot tell you, you also don't understand.

me: alamak, auntie, I think you don't know what I'm trying to ask you.

auntie: no la, you don't know.....

doooo...doooo...dooooo she hang up on me!

maybe just my luck to have auntie picked up the phone. may still consider yee sin as they customise, sigh...unlesss I can find an alternative.....

Edited by anemone

Thanks to fellow forummers; I got the info for storage rack. Called up Sim Win Liang & Yee Sin (as they are widely recommended).

Sim Win Liang - very helpful over the phone; unfortunately they do not do customised shelving.

Yee Sin - bad conversation over the phone with an auntie; she then hang up on me!

me: hello, Yee Sin?

auntie: yes

me: oh hello, auntie, u do customised rack right? can you tell me what material u use for the frame.

auntie: you got see our website or not? it say there what, slotted angles.

me: yes yes auntie, i can see, but what material?

auntie: you dont' know how to see website is it? it is on the website what; if you cannot see then you better come to see at our warehouse la, u don't know slotted angles, u also don't know what i talking about.

me: auntie, i know slotted angle, i'm asking, what material la. U know what I mean?

auntie: aiyah, you can't see website, you don't know slottle angle, then I also cannot tell you, you also don't understand.

me: alamak, auntie, I think you don't know what I'm trying to ask you.

auntie: no la, you don't know.....

doooo...doooo...dooooo she hang up on me!

maybe just my luck to have auntie picked up the phone. may still consider yee sin as they customise, sigh...unlesss I can find an alternative.....

Haha....maybe you should have tried another way to ask the question like 'what metal is that slotted angle made of?' Is that what you are trying to ask arh?

oh yeah...i did actually, i think i said something like, "steel, aluminium, iron, like dat"...still kena "hung-up" by auntie.

In the end, found Gawa.My space has odd angles & db switch box, phone box, cable box. Gawa could customise the layers of shelf to accommodate these.

Definitely not cheaper, but I wanted to make use of every single nook and corner. Must say, the Gawa rep was very professional, patient, provided suggestions and responded very quickly to the proposed layout and provided a sketch of how it would look like. Good service!

Haha....maybe you should have tried another way to ask the question like 'what metal is that slotted angle made of?' Is that what you are trying to ask arh?

Hi All,

just had an almost similiar tele-conversation with the auntie from Yee Sin..

"..you got see our website?.."

"yah.."

"its like that lor"

hahaha....

anyway..they'll be coming this saturday to fix the L-shape rack.

was quoted $260 for 168x168x40.

On 8/1/2012 at 2:24 AM, herbalteh said:

i got my shelf from a guy called Tony for S$180

i think my dimension just a bit longer than yours.

Exact same colour ...

3 men came to fix up and it took approx half an hour..

so far so good..

Hi,

can I have Tony's contact? thanks

Mike

I remembered researching online and came across this company called 'SolidRackz'. Hope i spelt it correctlyredface.gif

They provide custom fitting boltless rack, all i had to do was to give them the dimension of the my store. I chose the option of Plywood deck instead of Metal Deck.

I came to know not take purchase "HDF" board as it will go mouldy as time passes.

As of now, my plywood deck boltless rack still looks and works fine.

The salesperson contact is still around in my phone book. 91838469 (Ah Wei), not sure if he is still around with the company.

A quick search, they have a facebook page and also web. Maybe you guys can check it out

*will take a picture to share when i am back tonight smile.gif

Cheers !
Brook Lee