Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

I also use cylinder gas. Went through this thought process too, and sometimes still wish to have that extra cabinet space for my stuff (my baking stuff is slowly but surely increasing!!). But the bright side of this is that you'll save $$ on the electricity. Overall, using cylinder gas is cheaper. :)

Both got good and bad lar. It's just more to your preference. :) Get the one who use the kitchen more to decide. :P

Eh....the person who use the kitchen more ah......

definitely not my wife as she can't even fry an egg hahaha :P i guess it would my parents bah but it's my mum who suggested to me to get induction hob leh sigh......

btw may i know how much it cost to get a cylinder of gas ah ? and need to pay deposit right ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Eh....the person who use the kitchen more ah......

definitely not my wife as she can't even fry an egg hahaha :P i guess it would my parents bah but it's my mum who suggested to me to get induction hob leh sigh......

btw may i know how much it cost to get a cylinder of gas ah ? and need to pay deposit right ?

Haha! Really? I thought older pple prefer using flame to cook. hehehehe.. Even I myself prefer using flame to cook, cuz can control better. So bobian sacrifice one cabinet space loh.

I think the deposit is around $150. But we didn't need to pay. hehe, when u take over the flat, check if the previous owner left the gas cylinder. If yes, keep it. When u need to buy gas, just exchange it with the new cylinder. U'll only need to pay the deposit if you dun have an empty gas tank to exchange. :) As for the price, ours was $26. And we used it for slightly more than 6mths liao. I usually cook about twice a week, and will try to simmer soup during wkends. So price wise, it's really cheap. :)

Edited by Angel81

Haha! Really? I thought older pple prefer using flame to cook. hehehehe.. Even I myself prefer using flame to cook, cuz can control better. So bobian sacrifice one cabinet space loh.

I think the deposit is around $150. But we didn't need to pay. hehe, when u take over the flat, check if the previous owner left the gas cylinder. If yes, keep it. When u need to buy gas, just exchange it with the new cylinder. U'll only need to pay the deposit if you dun have an empty gas tank to exchange. :) As for the price, ours was $26. And we used it for slightly more than 6mths liao. I usually cook about twice a week, and will try to simmer soup during wkends. So price wise, it's really cheap. :)

Okie based on your explanation, my heart is leaning slightly to the "Use cylinder gas" side le hahahaha :P

I love the term you use "Cheap" :sport-smiley-004:

Ya ya ya was impressed by the sleek look and the easy maintenance part

actually the last time i use cylinder gas hor, it was like at least 15 yrs ago leh so seriously do not like the idea of ordering gas cylinder and wastage of space hehehehe

hmm.....i saw the electrolux induction hob and was impressed by the sleekness.....

aiya seriously dunno which one to get liao :(

Hee.. you still got alot of time to think about it.

Another thing that you might want to check on the electrical loading of your block. My hb check ours and found that we might run into electricity tripping each time we uses the aircon/oven and cooking etc...(cant really remember) Anyway, we just went for cylinder, cause don't want to take any risk of tripping. Hee.. :D

Edited by Rasp

Okie based on your explanation, my heart is leaning slightly to the "Use cylinder gas" side le hahahaha :P

I love the term you use "Cheap" :sport-smiley-004:

Hehehee.. This reminds me of us wanting to quote low low price for new's paintings. :P hahahaha.. Bobian, nw watever can save better save. $ can be put to better use. :P

Hee.. you still got alot of time to think about it.

Another thing that you might want to check on the electrical loading of your block. My hb check ours and found that we might run into electricity tripping each time we uses the aircon/oven and cooking etc...(cant really remember) Anyway, we just went for cylinder, cause don't want to take any risk of tripping. Hee.. :D

Oh i've checked le

My unit electrical main switch has not been upgraded...sigh... :( so I cant even get a sys 4 aircon sianz :(

hmm.......after what Rasp mentioned, wah i think i'm falling over to "Use gas cylinder" already hahahaha :P

Hehehee.. This reminds me of us wanting to quote low low price for new's paintings. :P hahahaha.. Bobian, nw watever can save better save. $ can be put to better use. :P

Ya lor whichever alternatives i thought of hor, it will always be "spend more spend more" leh :o wah lao **** scary leh :(

I may be wrong. When considering induction, you need to inform your electrician to install the right voltage power.

Induction has plus points and looks sleek but [may not be mathematically correct] it does consume more electricity [hence, more $$] if you are not a heavy cook. This is based on your cooking efficiency - gas versus electricity. On the contrary, if you cook heavily, the cost difference between induction and stove can be quite minimal.

Using cylinder [minus away the fear] is a matter of getting used to the idea. I have not used cylinder before but surprisingly, the cylinder which was ordered Oct 2008 still last till now. :D:unsure::o

You also need to design your kitchen carpentry to hide this tank.

Oh i've checked le

My unit electrical main switch has not been upgraded...sigh... :( so I cant even get a sys 4 aircon sianz :(

hmm.......after what Rasp mentioned, wah i think i'm falling over to "Use gas cylinder" already hahahaha :P

Ya lor whichever alternatives i thought of hor, it will always be "spend more spend more" leh :o wah lao **** scary leh :(

Hehe, I think system 4 in EMs will not be enough. 1 aircon is not enough to cool the whole living rm/dining rm/downstairs leh. So system 3 for the 3 bedrms is enough liao lar. :D

Hahahaa.. Recently I've been tinking of "spend more spend more", cuz I'm going HK next mth. hahaha.. go there spend spend spend. So nw muz save save save. :P

Wah Angel .. this is news to me. Hmm, no wonder my previous owners - out of the kindness, was asking me whether I want the tank before they moved out. Didn't realise about the deposit thingie till you highlighted here. :bangwall:

Using cylinder [minus away the fear] is a matter of getting used to the idea. I have not used cylinder before but surprisingly, the cylinder which was ordered Oct 2008 still last till now. :D:unsure::o

Ur tank lasted one year?! :bow::P

Wah Angel .. this is news to me. Hmm, no wonder my previous owners - out of the kindness, was asking me whether I want the tank before they moved out. Didn't realise about the deposit thingie till you highlighted here. :bangwall:

Hehe I didn't know about this too, cuz I've also never used cylinder before this. It was my contractor who told me to keep it when he saw it was in the kitchen cupboard, and explained it to us. :D Saved me $150. :P

Ur tank lasted one year?! :bow::P

LOL .. and I can't believe it myself too. Hehe, cos cooking is very minimal here -- there are days no cooking at all.

Hmm, somehow being new to cylinder, there were times I quite scared running out of gas in the middle of cooking. Worse, when got guests.

I may be wrong. When considering induction, you need to inform your electrician to install the right voltage power.

Induction has plus points and looks sleek but [may not be mathematically correct] it does consume more electricity [hence, more $$] if you are not a heavy cook. This is based on your cooking efficiency - gas versus electricity. On the contrary, if you cook heavily, the cost difference between induction and stove can be quite minimal.

You also need to design your kitchen carpentry to hide this tank.

Actually I've use cylinder tank before but hate it when my kitchen with limited storage space already still got to assign a space for the tank :curse:

Wah lasted 1 yr ah so i presume you seldom cook hor ? eh when you mentioned "design carpentry to hide the tank" hor what do you mean ah ? I can just design my kitchen cabinet with side door to throw the tank below the hob right ?

Hehe, I think system 4 in EMs will not be enough. 1 aircon is not enough to cool the whole living rm/dining rm/downstairs leh. So system 3 for the 3 bedrms is enough liao lar. :D

Hahahaa.. Recently I've been tinking of "spend more spend more", cuz I'm going HK next mth. hahaha.. go there spend spend spend. So nw muz save save save. :P

No le I do not intend to have aircon in my living area, just my small room on the 1st floor le i think i will faint when the bill came if i install aircon in the living area le hahaha :P

Hehe I didn't know about this too, cuz I've also never used cylinder before this. It was my contractor who told me to keep it when he saw it was in the kitchen cupboard, and explained it to us. :D Saved me $150. :P

My mum did told me abt this but i din realised it's so expensive leh wah $150 just for a tank, faintz :(

Edited by coffee_o

correct me if im wrong. how come all of you using the cylinder and not considering the gas by pub? Then there wont be anymore cylinder occuping the space right? Or there's a disadvantage in using pub gas?

I've been using gas for the past 5 years in my previous house. Then change to induction hob after shifting.

I love the induction hob cos it is sleek and nice, and easy to clean, cos after cooking, i just use a cloth to wipe across.

Unlike the conventional hob whereby oil ands dirt tends to be hidden, and difficult to clean. :)