Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

LOL .. and I can't believe it myself too. Hehe, cos cooking is very minimal here -- there are days no cooking at all.

Hmm, somehow being new to cylinder, there were times I quite scared running out of gas in the middle of cooking. Worse, when got guests.

Same! I keep wondering if we still have gas in the tank anot. hehehee

eh when you mentioned "design carpentry to hide the tank" hor what do you mean ah ? I can just design my kitchen cabinet with side door to throw the tank below the hob right ?

No le I do not intend to have aircon in my living area, just my small room on the 1st floor le i think i will faint when the bill came if i install aircon in the living area le hahaha :P

My mum did told me abt this but i din realised it's so expensive leh wah $150 just for a tank, faintz :(

U r right for the kitchen cabinet. But get an extra shelf to put at the base of the cabinet. Easier for the gas pple to pull it out and wun damage ur cabinet. There are some people who do a shelf that can be rolled out for ease of changing the tank.

correct me if im wrong. how come all of you using the cylinder and not considering the gas by pub? Then there wont be anymore cylinder occuping the space right? Or there's a disadvantage in using pub gas?

There are still some areas that do not have govt gas. :) So we have to make do with cylinders.

Not sure if it's true, but I'm told that pub will still charge a nominal rate for the gas even if one did not use for that whole mth. So cylinder gas has this one advantage over pub gas.

Edited by Angel81

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wah lasted 1 yr ah so i presume you seldom cook hor ? eh when you mentioned "design carpentry to hide the tank" hor what do you mean ah ? I can just design my kitchen cabinet with side door to throw the tank below the hob right ?

LOL .. I show off hor -- how my ID designed to hide away the tank:

GasArea1.jpg

Hehehee.. This reminds me of us wanting to quote low low price for new's paintings. :P hahahaha.. Bobian, nw watever can save better save. $ can be put to better use. :P

i heard CHEAP n NEW here ah..

wa all GAS talk... haha

kopi, if u wan induction one hor, go for TAIYO, only needs 13AMP, which is normal socket one.

those high end de needs at least 30AMP.

but i also prefer fire fire when cooking.

wahahah... lucky i designed mine to be in the island so got house for the tank.

later i order liao show u pic.

and hor angel! why ur deposit so much? my old place deposit only $60 nia lei.

i moved here, i bring along the gas head. hehe..

correct me if im wrong. how come all of you using the cylinder and not considering the gas by pub? Then there wont be anymore cylinder occuping the space right? Or there's a disadvantage in using pub gas?

I've been using gas for the past 5 years in my previous house. Then change to induction hob after shifting.

I love the induction hob cos it is sleek and nice, and easy to clean, cos after cooking, i just use a cloth to wipe across.

Unlike the conventional hob whereby oil ands dirt tends to be hidden, and difficult to clean. :)

Eh ? I called Citygas and they told me I can't use government pipe gas cos my block is not equipped with the piping so bo pian :( in fact i wanted to use government gas de

Wah finally someone encourage using of induction hob hehehehe :D Btw dyleen on avg how much does an induction hob cost ah ? thanks :)

LOL .. I show off hor -- how my ID designed to hide away the tank:

GasArea1.jpg

Eh ? Reiki me cannot imagine leh moreover dun think i can hide the tank behind since my cabinet is against the wall leh

Guess i can only "hide" the tank below the hob le :( waste cabinet space sigh :(

There are still some areas that do not have govt gas. :) So we have to make do with cylinders.

Not sure if it's true, but I'm told that pub will still charge a nominal rate for the gas even if one did not use for that whole mth. So cylinder gas has this one advantage over pub gas.

I didn't know there are areas without govt gas. Learnt something today.

I'm not sure about that nominal rate. But i do agree there are times i don't remember using gas, but was charged something, so i thought my gas leak?? and that's also the reason why i opt for induction hob. cos i'm so scared one day the cylinder will explode. :unsure:

Reiki, your designer also smart smart, hide it so nicely.

New, your island is the best. I kept telling hubby , SEE SO NICE SO CHIO

i heard CHEAP n NEW here ah..

wa all GAS talk... haha

kopi, if u wan induction one hor, go for TAIYO, only needs 13AMP, which is normal socket one.

those high end de needs at least 30AMP.

but i also prefer fire fire when cooking.

wahahah... lucky i designed mine to be in the island so got house for the tank.

later i order liao show u pic.

Wah New you're early today leh I'm so honoured hehehehe :P

Anyway luckily someone informed me abt the electrical loading limitations of my unit therefore i guess it's better not to have induction hob le :(

u mean you have not installed any gas for your new place yet ah ?

Reiki, your designer also smart smart, hide it so nicely.

New, your island is the best. I kept telling hubby , SEE SO NICE SO CHIO

dyleen, reiki one nicer than mine la. his more chioy hahah

Wah New you're early today leh I'm so honoured hehehehe :P

Anyway luckily someone informed me abt the electrical loading limitations of my unit therefore i guess it's better not to have induction hob le :(

u mean you have not installed any gas for your new place yet ah ?

ya la, then u go buy 4D for me since u honoured right?

i cannot go out lei. 1289 n 1150 pls. 2big. kamsia. hee.

no la, havent buy gas yet. anyway they v fast de. u call le, they come within half hr.

dyleen, reiki one nicer than mine la. his more chioy hahah

ya la, then u go buy 4D for me since u honoured right?

i cannot go out lei. 1289 n 1150 pls. 2big. kamsia. hee.

no la, havent buy gas yet. anyway they v fast de. u call le, they come within half hr.

Wah lao saw your post after i come back from lunch leh

nvr i buy liao if got open i treat you makan okie ? hehehehe :P

haha, i have no idea. Maybe now increase deposit price? Or diff co got diff deposit price? Or maybe I rem wrongly. wahahaha.. But I think it's around there lar. Or maybe that price include that gas head/installation/everything? :P

I didn't know there are areas without govt gas. Learnt something today.

I'm not sure about that nominal rate. But i do agree there are times i don't remember using gas, but was charged something, so i thought my gas leak?? and that's also the reason why i opt for induction hob. cos i'm so scared one day the cylinder will explode. :unsure:

Hee, ya loh. Then it's rather "bo hua" if u didn't use any and yet charged abit. But govt gas will save cabinet space and wun run out of gas suddenly. :P So I guess every option got good and bad lar.

angel,ask u ,did u do extra set of curtain to interchange?how many set u have?

nope. din do extra set to interchange. feel that there's no need to. normally just dust and spray abit of water to keep it from stiffening. Will just bring them to wash every half year.

Eh ? I called Citygas and they told me I can't use government pipe gas cos my block is not equipped with the piping so bo pian :( in fact i wanted to use government gas de

Wah finally someone encourage using of induction hob hehehehe :D Btw dyleen on avg how much does an induction hob cost ah ? thanks :)

haha...like induction hob cos nice and sleek and easy to clean. 'ai swee ai easy' for lazy people like me mah.

on avg, about 900 - 1500 also have.

Mine is brandt one. the smaller one with 2 burners onli.

But hor one thing is, when using induction hob, while cooking, you cannot say take the pan / wok up and toss the food like those chef in TV hor. cos once away from the hob for sometime, the hob will switch off le.

haha...like induction hob cos nice and sleek and easy to clean. 'ai swee ai easy' for lazy people like me mah.

on avg, about 900 - 1500 also have.

Mine is brandt one. the smaller one with 2 burners onli.

But hor one thing is, when using induction hob, while cooking, you cannot say take the pan / wok up and toss the food like those chef in TV hor. cos once away from the hob for sometime, the hob will switch off le.

Hi Dyleen

thank you so much for the tip leh hehehe :D

anyway think i will be using gas hob le since i'm worried my parents not used to using induction hob le moreover they are the ones who will be using the kitchen more often than me le

So i guess bo pian have to waste a cabinet space for gas cylinder le :(

Finally today is my 1st appointment. Days of starting my reno is getting closer and closer :D

Oh i also made the 1st and one of the major purchases yesterday.

Bought my mitsubishi heavy industries sys 3 aircon at Gain City. Cost me abt $3200 :(

Here's the details:

Sys 3 - $2699

Upgrade copper piping from gauge 23 to 22

Upgrade insulator to half inch - $180

S/S bracket - $150

Extended warranty to 5 yrs - $359 (Simply regret wasting money on this) :(

FOC $200 NTUC voucher