Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

Led Downlight For Whole House -anyone?

LED range from 3W to 10W. In the maket, they are selling the enegry saving buld whic is abt 8 - 11W.

If your lighting is on from 7pm - 11pm, the cost saving is only about $50 per yera.

I have calculted the saving because there is once I also intend to change to LED downlight but after calculting,

I found it is not worht to use in house.

Moreover, LEDs from China is not very stable, I have few pcs with me, if you 1 I can pass to you to try out.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
LED range from 3W to 10W. In the maket, they are selling the enegry saving buld whic is abt 8 - 11W.

If your lighting is on from 7pm - 11pm, the cost saving is only about $50 per yera.

I have calculted the saving because there is once I also intend to change to LED downlight but after calculting,

I found it is not worht to use in house.

Moreover, LEDs from China is not very stable, I have few pcs with me, if you 1 I can pass to you to try out.

Hi SP,

Your calculation of $50/year is your whole house lighting? $50 in a year is a lot, I calculate per bulb it will take more than 4 years to save that much at 7pm ~11pm.

What is the maker of your China led light?

I don't intend to have a false ceiling. Are there any nice bulb holders that can hold the LEDs?

What kind of bulbs are you using now? I may be able to advise you on the type of LED bulbs available that can use your current holders.

Hi all,

I am also considering if I should install LED lights or PLC lightings. I stumble upon this website that seems to have interesting solutions for LED lights. They seem to have LED lights on PLC fittings.

http://ai-m.net/

Anyone tried? comments?

Did anyone work out the breakeven point for LED lights? ie comparing the energy saved and the initial cost of LED, how long does it take to breakeven. I was looking at my utilities bill. Average electricity cost is S$40, not inclusive of gas and water, but this S$40 is a consolidation of lights, aircon, washing machine, TV, computer and other electrical appliances... currently im using those old school circular florescent tubes, no fanciful ambience lights and hence the lower electricity bill.

I understand that the base for LED lights requires drivers? if we simply switch our PLC blubs with LED blubs, do we need to install drivers? Then again, will the cost savings be significant?

Like everyone else, I dont mind spending higher initial cost for LED if it can bring down electricity bills significantly. However, if the breakeven period is too long, i suppose it may be better to use PLC instead until the cost of LED comes down.

i just bought the LED downlight which cost about $130 each. The size is about 6inch by 6inch. Similar to those conventional downlight casing. It claim to be only 18w in a total about 108 led bulb inside. Comes with one year warranty. The covention type for that size is already using 2 x 18w.

I bought about 15 pcs of it cos those i need to on for 24hrs. 5 each for living, dining and altar area.

I went around balestier, geylang and jln besar the cheapest i manage to find was about $190 after less, So i guess i got a good buy :P

hey sorrie if i am too late.

been busy with my new job lately.

ok i have got my whole house installed with LED downlight & T5 cove light.

i will try to post some picture in my t-blog.

fell free to check them out.

i just bought the LED downlight which cost about $130 each. The size is about 6inch by 6inch. Similar to those conventional downlight casing. It claim to be only 18w in a total about 108 led bulb inside. Comes with one year warranty. The covention type for that size is already using 2 x 18w.

I bought about 15 pcs of it cos those i need to on for 24hrs. 5 each for living, dining and altar area.

I went around balestier, geylang and jln besar the cheapest i manage to find was about $190 after less, So i guess i got a good buy :P

That's a good buy indeed. Where did you manage to get that good price? How many pieces did you purchase? And if GST is included in that $130? I check out this shop in Tradehub21 and they are selling similar one at $165 exc GST.

thanks in advance for sharing.

Hi all,

I am also considering if I should install LED lights or PLC lightings. I stumble upon this website that seems to have interesting solutions for LED lights. They seem to have LED lights on PLC fittings.

http://ai-m.net/

Anyone tried? comments?

Did anyone work out the breakeven point for LED lights? ie comparing the energy saved and the initial cost of LED, how long does it take to breakeven. I was looking at my utilities bill. Average electricity cost is S$40, not inclusive of gas and water, but this S$40 is a consolidation of lights, aircon, washing machine, TV, computer and other electrical appliances... currently im using those old school circular florescent tubes, no fanciful ambience lights and hence the lower electricity bill.

I understand that the base for LED lights requires drivers? if we simply switch our PLC blubs with LED blubs, do we need to install drivers? Then again, will the cost savings be significant?

Like everyone else, I dont mind spending higher initial cost for LED if it can bring down electricity bills significantly. However, if the breakeven period is too long, i suppose it may be better to use PLC instead until the cost of LED comes down.

I've place my order from them, they sounds like a local factory and only start to make the light after you place your order.

Btw, any clue where to get dual 18w PLC downlight casing w/o ballast?

im using downlights for my living room, dinning area... so far so good... those 10W 2 pin tube bulb tat cost $3.3 each.. i have been using it to coming 4 yrs.. only change 2-3 times during this 4 yrs.. energy quite efficient also... so i got 30 pcs of 2 pin 10W bulbs in my whole living area cum dinning area... very biright i must say... cost les n easy to change n maintain...

What kind of bulbs are you using now? I may be able to advise you on the type of LED bulbs available that can use your current holders.

hi Gensemi,

im in the mist of renvation and has intention of using LED for my whole house. i will have cove lighting and downlights.

can you give me good pricing..? on budget

Hi Seashell

wish to ask you regrading your type 2 LED;

you were saying its a E27 base, as such does it mean that it can screw into any PLC/CF E27 base (like the ikea ones mentioned by soon? no driver necessary?

Do you mind PM me the price you purchased including the casing? you did mentioned min purchase is 50? what about amounts less than that?

TIA

Type 2

7W LED (E27 BASE) BULB WITH ALUMINIUM HOUSING

led.jpg

This is the back view of the 7W Led Bulb

LEDBACK1.jpg

You can go Ikea and take a look. There is one that cost $35, where the fixture uses 3 sets of E27 CF light bulbs. The fixture looks like a normal circular fluorscent 40W type, but inside it is using E27 screw type light bulbs. Note: light bulbs are not include in the $35.

Hi Seashell

wish to ask you regrading your type 2 LED;

you were saying its a E27 base, as such does it mean that it can screw into any PLC/CF E27 base (like the ikea ones mentioned by soon? no driver necessary?

Do you mind PM me the price you purchased including the casing? you did mentioned min purchase is 50? what about amounts less than that?

TIA

You may want to try this website http://ai-ledlight.com as they have some nice downlights. Someone I knew bought the downlights from this site. He also bougtht some circular lights, PL bulbs and sensors.

<!--quoteo(post=454428:date=Oct 7 2009, 12:03 PM:name=Topline)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Topline @ Oct 7 2009, 12:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=454428"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there any LED downlight in the market that can swivel, which is bright enough for me to read on the bed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We have one that can swivel...its more like LED spotlight, warm white. I think reading is not a problem, but if your ceiling is high, i think keep swiveling may not be easy...

You can try http://ai-ledlight.com that has LED Spot downlights that can rotate and tilt with diff. sizes.

I think also have non-glare round LED downlights which is beautiful. Also circular/ceiling lights for mostly

home users. Hope this is helpful. :)