Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

Led Downlight For Whole House -anyone?

Hi

Anyone here install LED downlight for the whole house? Was thinking to install LED bulbs in view of energy saving and no UV and heat....

Any advice...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

Anyone here install LED downlight for the whole house? Was thinking to install LED bulbs in view of energy saving and no UV and heat....

Any advice...

if u can afford 30+ per bulb..

the bulbs are mostly made in china...according to friends in the trade...not stable...break down easily...not many shops want to sell them

hi poh

led is suppose to be not easy to breakdown.. but u r right, not too many shops want to sell them.. 30+ per bulb is indeed quite high cost.. the cheapest i find also cost $23...

my brother in law who is electrician, already did the led for his office.. very nice and save alot on electricity.. if compare downlight and LED, especially if u have Lbox or false ceilings, the savings can be quite alot!

i am dropping by to china to buy the bulbs from the wholesale centre..!! hope it turns out good! bulb will then cost less than S$10!

how does it look like, do you have a pic of these led bulb. Thanks :D

hi poh

led is suppose to be not easy to breakdown.. but u r right, not too many shops want to sell them.. 30+ per bulb is indeed quite high cost.. the cheapest i find also cost $23...

my brother in law who is electrician, already did the led for his office.. very nice and save alot on electricity.. if compare downlight and LED, especially if u have Lbox or false ceilings, the savings can be quite alot!

i am dropping by to china to buy the bulbs from the wholesale centre..!! hope it turns out good! bulb will then cost less than S$10!

Interesting. At Balestier some of the LED downlights I checked were 100 plus already.

40-50 is the pricerange for normal energy saving lights !!

Less than 10$ is super cheap. Definitely go for LED.

LED does not give the same color as CFL or halo. For commercial properties, not an issue, for home is quite ugly. Also.. the glow characteristics is not the same, due to point light souce.

If the effect does not come out right, switching to conventional lighting is going to be very expensive.

We have a range of LED lighting products...MR16, downlights, T10 tubes, Floodlights, etc....

Price is indeed on the high side compared to those conventional light sources. Good quality LED products should not break down easily, easily can last 20,000 hours and more. So in the long run, you can recover your initial capital costs through energy savings and bulbs replacement.

LED MR16 5W type can really save a lot of power as compared to traditional halogen 25W type. High quality type can even replace 50W type. If you use it for 8hrs per day, can really save a lot of money.

if one has seen the manufacturing process of LED's, one will know that there is huge process variation between the cheap commercial available type versus the higher end LED's.

the cost savings comes about thru allowing minimal process controls and testing.

this translates to LED's with big variation in Reliability and Quality.

at this point, i do not think that commercial LED's are suitable for long term use to replace conventional lighting as yet.

We have a range of LED lighting products...MR16, downlights, T10 tubes, Floodlights, etc....

Price is indeed on the high side compared to those conventional light sources. Good quality LED products should not break down easily, easily can last 20,000 hours and more. So in the long run, you can recover your initial capital costs through energy savings and bulbs replacement.

LED MR16 5W type can really save a lot of power as compared to traditional halogen 25W type. High quality type can even replace 50W type. If you use it for 8hrs per day, can really save a lot of money.

are u selling led?

are u selling led?

Yes, i sell LED lightings like T10 tubes, MR16 and downlights. Our market is industrial and commercial premises. I see those lighting shops prices are quite high. So I do not mind selling to some residential buyers to increase awareness and benefits of LED lightings. However I must emphasize the initial costs are much higher than conventional tubes or bulbs. In the mid to long term, you will save on bulbs replacement and energy saving costs.

i am going to install my downlights all LED (except the cove lighting)..already bought all the items, waiting for the shipment to arrive in 10days time..

not sure of the outcome but i really hope it will turn out well!

LEDs indeed are energy saving and long lasting.

I did contemplate to have my lights as LEDs too but there seems to be a disadvantage.

Most LEDs comes in Sets. Even though they do last pretty long maybe 3yrs and above.

But when the LED lifespan ran out, it will have to change the whole set which is pretty much troublesome if they are down lights.

At least PLC will be easier since only need to change the bulb.

hi forkie

i have the same thinking as u until i saw and thought of some alternatives:

1) i use thoe bulb with e27 base, so i can easily replace it with normal bulb.

2) i also use the bulb with mr 16 pin, so i can also easily replace it.. no need to change the whole thing

:)

hi forkie

i have the same thinking as u until i saw and thought of some alternatives:

1) i use thoe bulb with e27 base, so i can easily replace it with normal bulb.

2) i also use the bulb with mr 16 pin, so i can also easily replace it.. no need to change the whole thing

:)

Oh if in that case then should be no problem.

If using e27 and mr16pin I think you are choosing the 3 LED bulbs which is round shape?

I was sourcing for LED in square shape for down lights. Prefer square shape more then round.

But those if wana change is really very troublesome.