Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
momresource

How Can I Delay My 1st Appointment As Seller?

I sold my flat at wrong time, intention to move nearer to parents. Till now, I can't find a flat due to the high COV... my 1st appt is in Dec09 and I understand completion will be 6-8 weeks time. How can I delay the 1st appt.? I am going sleepless to think my entire family is going to be homeless, especially before chinese new year.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

imagine

I'm the buyer.

happily sell my present home and bought a flat. Now waiting for 1st appointment as a buyer.

Then 1 day, seller call say he want to extend 1st appointment.

WOW.

I am going sleepless to think my entire family is going to be homeless, especially before chinese new year.

imagine

I'm the buyer.

happily sell my present home and bought a flat. Now waiting for 1st appointment as a buyer.

WOW.

I am going sleepless to think my entire family is going to be homeless, especially before chinese new year.

You nailed it....

I sold my flat at wrong time, intention to move nearer to parents. Till now, I can't find a flat due to the high COV... my 1st appt is in Dec09 and I understand completion will be 6-8 weeks time. How can I delay the 1st appt.? I am going sleepless to think my entire family is going to be homeless, especially before chinese new year.

sold for a profit? if you cant find one then might want to consider renting a place first. My friend did a val with no intention of selling but the offers was too good to turn away so now he's renting a place till the market cool down, hopefully next yr.

Guest Goobii

Seller has the rights to delay completion for 8weeks.

As for the 1st appointment, You should call your agent or talk to the buyers to sign a letter to request for a change of 1st appointment. The longest you can drag is 8weeks for the 1st appointment.

Else you could try write a email to the HDB and inform that you are busy or oversea and request to change a date for the 1st appointment.

Try this email: hdbresale@hdb.gov.sg

Good Luck.

You should be looking hard for an alternative place to stay. It is foolish to sell your flat without planning where you want to stay including budgeting for it. Get the buyer thru' your agent to allow you to move out after CNY. I am sure they will agree because your 2nd appt will be in Jan'10. Don't change the 1st appt otherwise you will affect their plans too.

In the meantime, spend every opportunity to hunt for a replacement flat. COVs are here to stay since Mah Bow Tan himself isn't against it.

I have bump into alot of people like your situation. Selling is easy, looking for an alternative place to stay at a good price is like finding a needle in a haystack.

i am like u. but my agent clever. the OTP submission is 45 later after exercise the otp. so i got 45 days to find and buy house.

dont be choosy, just get the house in watever condition and do a full reno. but luckily for me. COV only 8k for a four room house that i buy.

good luck on finding a cheap cov house.

I am like you also, but my case is i kana abandon by agents, after he sold my house and help us look see a few resale flat, he went disappear and no news from him anymore... :( , and my 1st appointment is early Oct, so we have to shift out maybe mid Nov..... :bangwall:

QUOTE (therat @ Sep 17 2009, 04:18 PM) *

imagine

I'm the buyer.

WOW.

You really nailed it.. sold for a profit? if you cant find one then might want to consider renting a place first.

kanne11

Simulation prêt

TS, u better seriously start searching for a replacement flat now. It's of no use cancelling the appt becos u will end up losing the deposit and be sued by the prospective buyer for any losses he incurs in another flat if the valuation goes up. Always sell ur flat 1st before buying unless u r rich w cash. Then buy another unit within a 1-2 mth period for the transactions to run smoothly. Cash proceeds from sales to pay for 2nd flat. That's how I did it.

Besides renting a place outside, u may consider negotiating with your buyer (give him 1 month rental $$) to let u stay in the house 1 month more. That will give u 1 more month to search for a house. Some people around me do this. It's less hassle if you just need a few extra months.

Edited by forgotten

Actually when u buy first then sell u will also face problems.

For us we buy first because we are choosy with the flat facing + the shapes of rooms + the fact that we cant afford high COV ( not enough cash ), we have to slowly hunt down the flat we want and within budget.

When you secure the flat you want, you need to time the sales of current flat well. Do it too slow, your money return too late. You need to fork out outfront alot of cash for renovation, COV + agent fee of new flat. May end up taking loan.

Do it too quick, you may risk little time for renovation. Unless of course you are cash rich ( pay high COV ) + you buy a flat that come fully renovated .

So my woes is your exact opposite.. If my seller like you cant shift out on time ,( I wanted 5 weeks 2nd appointment if not earlier the better) my renovation will be delayed.. my current buyers of existing flat will kick us also..

haiz. Chicken and egg... is a chain further down.

Edited by purecat

TS,

y not try to rent a plc near to ur current flat, at the same time u can search the desired house u want and wait for the COV to cool down ..Selling is easy,but buying is difficult..delay the appointment do u tink will be a wise choice??

bunk in with your parents first.

you should not put the burden of your misjudgement onto your buyer.

i just bought my first home paying ridiculous COV as we like the unit a lot and we need not do any more renovation (hence the reno budget we dump into the COV).

we had already stepped back and given the seller more than 45 days to submit the resale application as they are also having hiccups with relocation. now i am sleepless thinking about whether they may try to delay further should they face further problem with their relocation. we want to be understanding, but now my boys are sleeping in their grandparent's living room while we wait to for our first home.

my first appointment is still months away.

please hor. spare a thought for the buyers.

Edited by jeda