Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nirvana

Our Little Cozy Cocoon

I was really nervous on the wall color choices cos it was the first time I choose stronger colors then the usual orchid white, lilic white, etc white tone.. I choose 3 different colors altogether. Still have a feature wall in the living room not painted yet. That is the boldest color among all the color choices. A medium blue tone that (hopefully) has a tinge of green. I hope it turns out the teal color that I wanted.

There was abit of hiccup with the paints. Henry missed out the bluish grey color for the bedrooms and only bought colors for the feature wall in Living room and greenish grey color for living, dining and yard. And the painting uncle started painting the bedrooms first so when I arrived in the room and saw the color for the first time, I ignored my HTB who was exclaiming "wah.. so nice right, blue blue one.. so relaxing" and went to inspect the color code on the paint tin can. And I was right! It was the color for the living, dining and Yard. Dunno how why he saw bluish tone when it was obviously greenish!

But I like how it looks in the room and thought maybe it will not be so nice in the halls outside so we told Henry nvm but got him to exchange the rest of the greenish grey color for bluish grey color to paint the rest of the house. So all turns out well and I am happy. :)

My advice to people choosing wall paint is that you really don't know what you get till it is on the wall especially when you are going for stronger colors. So cross your finger and pray. Hee.. But do experiment with colors cos it really changes the feel of the house and evokes the emotions you may want to express thru your decor.

The house was white and cheery and bright before. Now with the new colors, it feels much "cooler" and relaxing. Really feel the differences. :paint:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The colors do not really show well in the photos. It is alot lighter in the photos.

Bluish grey in dining room (with flash):

IMG_2293.jpg

Bluish grey in dining room (without flash):

IMG_2294.jpg

Greenish grey in the two bedrooms:

IMG_2297.jpg

The greenish grey color is really interesting. We went to the room in one of the evening to see the colors and with the low light streaming in from the window, we identified green, grey and blue colors on the walls! I love the confused color!

Next step is carpentry but we have not even confirmed the designs. So it looks like moving in date is getting further and further. sigh.. also dunno why so many delays. But at least we are productive in terms of wardrobe selection for the master bedroom. We choose Alumix and got 7ft wardrobe at $2,400 including the partition. They need about 2 weeks to come up with the design and 1 day to built so hopefully this will be up fast fast.

Henry designed the kitchen for us. He recommended a red worktop and since I asked about colored glass backing he chose red in the design draft.

I was quite taken aback by the shock of colors. But got good comments from friends. What do you think? I am still deciding if I should change the glass backing to frosted instead:

kic.jpg

We wanted a spacious feel from the dining to living room so opted for a pole system for the TV console. It will have a 360 swivel so when we dine we can watch the TV too. Dunno will turn out nice or not.. Henry designed something else for us to compare:

living.jpg

Dun like leh.. machiam got extra wall erected.

I want this:

Colourscheme21.jpg

Colourscheme23.jpg

(Source: KNQ associate - http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/2009/06...juvenated.html)

Sigh.. my feature wall color is supposingly a medium blue/teal tone.. but now it is GREEN!! Bright school uniform green!

The color code was wrong again.. today they are re-painting the wall.. hopefully it will be right this time..

sigh...

Next step is carpentry but we have not even confirmed the designs. So it looks like moving in date is getting further and further. sigh.. also dunno why so many delays. But at least we are productive in terms of wardrobe selection for the master bedroom. We choose Alumix and got 7ft wardrobe at $2,400 including the partition. They need about 2 weeks to come up with the design and 1 day to built so hopefully this will be up fast fast.

Henry designed the kitchen for us. He recommended a red worktop and since I asked about colored glass backing he chose red in the design draft.

I was quite taken aback by the shock of colors. But got good comments from friends. What do you think? I am still deciding if I should change the glass backing to frosted instead:

kic.jpg

We wanted a spacious feel from the dining to living room so opted for a pole system for the TV console. It will have a 360 swivel so when we dine we can watch the TV too. Dunno will turn out nice or not.. Henry designed something else for us to compare:

living.jpg

I want this:

Colourscheme21.jpg

Colourscheme23.jpg

(Source: KNQ associate - http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/2009/06...juvenated.html)

Your kitchen design very nice wor...but Henry design this for you using 3d software?

I thought he can only give hand drawn design?

The 2nd TV pole system looks better...

Greenish grey in the two bedrooms:

IMG_2297.jpg

The greenish grey color is really interesting. We went to the room in one of the evening to see the colors and with the low light streaming in from the window, we identified green, grey and blue colors on the walls! I love the confused color!

I love those colours, the blue and green looks really pretty :)

Henry upgrade liao.. was teasing him the other day.. he send us the soft copy and printed them out on nice shiny photo paper for us. So i was quite touched by his effort considering he is a contractor. We like his design but will do up the kitchen in all white instead of red top and backing. Scared will get sick of the color after a while.

Quite problematic with the TV pole system. Will update you guys when it is up. I am curious how it will turn out..

Just bought my toilet bowls and basins from Hupfarri. Got McClaire toilet bowls at $260 each with Geberitt (correct spelling?) system. Quite pleased with that.

Master Bathroom Basin $360

IMG_0303.jpg

Common bathroom basin $148

IMG_0299.jpg

Served by Irene and very happy with her services. She was genuine and after being served by many over zealous sales ppl she was a breathe of fresh air. :)

Edited by nirvana

kic.jpg

living.jpg

I want this:

Colourscheme21.jpg

Colourscheme23.jpg

Nowadays red seems to be quite a popular color to use. Red often gives off a fiery, alert, danger kind of feeling. Might not be that good if one spends too much time looking at the color imho.

Some food for thought, hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts here :)

One of the reasons why many IDs and contractors recommend TV consoles with a wall/board/solid backing is the practicality. Usually people will not want to get distracted when they are watching their favourite shows. If there are people walking behind the TV most of the time (as it is the dining area), people watching tv will get distracted every now and then.

Just bought my toilet bowls and basins from Hupfarri. Got McClaire toilet bowls at $260 each with Geberitt (correct spelling?) system. Quite pleased with that.

Master Bathroom Basin $320

IMG_0303.jpg

Common bathroom basin $148

IMG_0299.jpg

Served by Irene and very happy with her services. She was genuine and after being served by many over zealous sales ppl she was a breathe of fresh air. :)

how abt ur toilet bowls? how muchie n any pics to share?

Nowadays red seems to be quite a popular color to use. Red often gives off a fiery, alert, danger kind of feeling. Might not be that good if one spends too much time looking at the color imho.

Some food for thought, hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts here :)

One of the reasons why many IDs and contractors recommend TV consoles with a wall/board/solid backing is the practicality. Usually people will not want to get distracted when they are watching their favourite shows. If there are people walking behind the TV most of the time (as it is the dining area), people watching tv will get distracted every now and then.

Dun mind of cos! Hmm.. I never thought of that actually.. you are quite right in that! But it is about giving up the spaciousness of the house or practically of peace in watching TV. thanks for the great reminder.. will ponder about that.. :)

I love those colours, the blue and green looks really pretty :)

Thanks!! I like it too! :)) But hor.. the sala green feature wall in the living room is really an eye sore.. Henry says will do final touch up of paint and feature wall right at the end.. so will have to bear with the green wall for the time being..

To share my horror (it is alot darker aka ugly in person)

IMG_2302.jpg

how abt ur toilet bowls? how muchie n any pics to share?

Never take leh.. but the toilet bowl is $260 with geberit system. I thought Hupfarri is quite ex given its image but turns out reasonable in pricing and service is good! Been there 3 times and was served by different sales person. All were pleasant though Irene was the only one who is more zai.. the other two girls abit junior so abit clueless sometime.

Hi Nirvana,

Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Could you share your reno excel with me? I'm about to start scouting for reno contractors and I'm on a limited bugdet also. I'm hoping your excel can help me out. :)

Thanks-thanks!

Yippee! The Ceiling fans and Lightings are all up!! Bought relite petite ceiling fans for dining, living and two bedrooms. Downlights everywhere except for the yard. No more torch lights needed to view the house at night. Machiam liked discover fire liked that.. hehe.. Photos soon!

Tomorrow the house will get cleaned up and polished. And by end of next week, fixing up the carpentry. Can't wait!