Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

Updates.....

Today is window installation day. White powder-coated with tinted green glass pane. The hacking out of the old window damaged some of the plastering at the window edge area, hope my contractor will help to touch up for me for free....

Some pics..

Damages at the window edge areas after old windows are hack out....

WindowHackinginProgress.jpg

View of Window-less kitchen:

KitchenWindowless.jpg

View of window-less masterbedroom:

MasterWindowless.jpg

View of window-less guest bedroom:

GuestWindowless.jpg

Edited by gantan88

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Guest bedroom new window:

GuestNewWindow.jpg

Living room new windows:

LivingNewWindow.jpg

Masterbedroom new windows:

MasterNewWindow.jpg

Kitchen new window:

KitchenNewWindow.jpg

Corridor view.....

NewWindowsCorridorview.jpg

Edited by gantan88

This is the aircon bracket exposed at masterbedroom. Very unsightly... even after box-up it will eat into the bedroom space...

Does anyone know if this is original HDB bracket? Or is it done by 3rd party contractor?

MasterWindowAirconbracket.jpg

Edited by gantan88

The unit below mine complain to town council that their toilet is leaking. The town council person come and advised me to talk to my contractor just to ensure that the wet works are done properly. And also to change the cast iron pipe in kitchen toilet (original from HDB 30 years ago) to PVC.

The town council term contractor plumber came and gives a quote to change to PVC pipes and 'conveniently' says that the kitchen PVC pipe changed by the previous owner is not legal and advised me to change also. Anyone here who is technical in this can advise?

The 'not legal' PVC pipe:

KitchenPiping.jpg

Edited by gantan88

when's your handover?

am so tired the last couple of days....been running up and down to check on the subcons ...(no internet to reply mails/renotalk)

i poked my contractor a bit, and this week, things finally started moving...

altho, din move as what he promised lah...but i also realise sometimes cannot be helped ones...

as long as things get done well, ok lah....chin chye..

is your plastering all done up?

it does take quite a few days to plaster, even for a small flat like ours.

ceilings are quite tiring, so that would take 2 days...then the walls will be much faster.

by this week you should see some nice smooth walls...

make sure after plastering, your ID applies a sealant.....

after my plastering, some oil (according to contractor) seeped thru the plaster and left splotches of yellow....

must seal to prevent cement "oil" or moisture from seeping thru.

catch up again :)

I poke my contractor he also never move. I just engaged my own window contractor to install the windows, mine.. he is fast... very help and 'steady guy.

My plastering done up, but for kitchen walls, not sure they will plaster over because it is already cement-smooth. Other than that the window edges need some touch up cos' hacking out the old windows damages the plastering....

Thanks for reminder on the sealant... i forgot about it, a few people in here reminded me also about this...

Still got many things not done yet and the handover is 15 Jan 2010. Dunno whether they can make it a not. I am starting to worry now.

The sheets (u call that corrugated paper?) that they put on the floor to protect the flooring are all 'giam3 cai3' now... and the window contractors wearing safety boots walking around with loose cement particles around, dunno will scratch the living room tiles a not. There are also hardened cements sticked to the living room tiles. Quite a mess. Really 'no eye see'. :unsure:

With a few tiles defects outstanding...

Worried man...

Hi, where can i buy those bluemotion damping hinges?

I intend to go to this dealer to buy Blum:

828 Upper Bukit Timah Road

Singapore 678155

Tel: 6760 0365

Maybe u can go to Ubi showroom to see see first. Also go Blum website, there r other dealers around Singapore. 1 at Kranji also...

I intend to go to this dealer to buy Blum:

828 Upper Bukit Timah Road

Singapore 678155

Tel: 6760 0365

Maybe u can go to Ubi showroom to see see first. Also go Blum website, there r other dealers around Singapore. 1 at Kranji also...

Or maybe can ask ur ID/contractor for pricing to compare.

Or maybe can ask ur ID/contractor for pricing to compare.

My ID quote more expensive, nearly double... dunno why...

So better to go blum showroom, get them to advise what parts to buy, take down the part no. or model no. then go dealer side to check it out!

If you want to save the hassle.. then just go thru your contractor lo....

nice windows. no grilles?

HDB will provide air con bracket? I think everywhere also like this, box up will eat into the room's space. Not intending to change the bracket?

Edited by alamak

nice windows. no grilles?

HDB will provide air con bracket? I think everywhere also like this, box up will eat into the room's space. Not intending to change the bracket?

The Contractor says grille will be installed after... eh.. i forgot..... but he says not now... :-p

Who will provide the new bracket? The aircon contractor?

Will the new kind of bracket be less bulky?

The Contractor says grille will be installed after... eh.. i forgot..... but he says not now... :-p

Who will provide the new bracket? The aircon contractor?

Will the new kind of bracket be less bulky?

mine is after painting.

yah.. u have to pay $150 for a new set of brackets. brackets should be quite standard, think not much diff from your existing one.

mine is after painting.

yah.. u have to pay $150 for a new set of brackets. brackets should be quite standard, think not much diff from your existing one.

Huh, then not quite justifiable to change the bracket already.... didnt know it is so bulky... cos when i was still staying in a 3 room some 7 years ago, we never had any aircon.

For the past 7 years we have been staying in 4 rooms with aircon but aircon still under utilised. I can switch on the Fan all night.

Considering not installing aircon for now.

Dunnn whether in future running the aircon trunkings will be very difficult a not...

Huh, then not quite justifiable to change the bracket already.... didnt know it is so bulky... cos when i was still staying in a 3 room some 7 years ago, we never had any aircon.

For the past 7 years we have been staying in 4 rooms with aircon but aircon still under utilised. I can switch on the Fan all night.

Dunnn whether in future running the aircon trunkings will be very difficult a not...

i also can live without aircon but my wife cannot. :D

if install during reno, easier to find ways to 'hide' the trunking lor.

i also can live without aircon but my wife cannot. :D

if install during reno, easier to find ways to 'hide' the trunking lor.

Aircon to me is like the hood, most likely be a white elephant. At most on extremely hot weathers like mid year period, i will on the aircon just to get me to sleep after which i switch to fan.

Um..

My advice is to install air con now. Cos if you intend to install later on, the running of trunking might be obstructed by the carpentry work (eg. wardrobe, WIW). In such case, the running of trunking might not be the most ideal (eg. have to go a longer route). Furthermore, the amount of dust created by the installment will make the whole house dirty. U have to spend decent amt of time to clean it up. Ask Pinkpetter. She will tell u to install during reno.