Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just some ad-hoc updates...

I have shifted in. Quite a mess. Still got outstanding works. Got time then take photo and post up here... still the same thing, i like the lighting most. :)

Hiccups:

On the day of moving house, when i reached the new house, i realised i had left my guitar at the void deck and when i rushed back, the guitar was gone. :-S

Shortly after, i kanna a summon of $30. Saturday afternoon. I am going to appeal...

Had a phone conversation with my Contractor on the kitchen cabinet:

".............

* Intentionally left blank *

Edited by gantan88

Just some ad-hoc updates...

I have shifted in. Quite a mess. Still got outstanding works. Got time then take photo and post up here... still the same thing, i like the lighting most. :)

Hiccups:

On the day of moving house, when i reached the new house, i realised i had left my guitar at the void deck and when i rushed back, the guitar was gone. :-S

Shortly after, i kanna a summon of $30. Saturday afternoon. I am going to appeal...

Had a phone conversation with my Contractor on the kitchen cabinet:

".............

ME:

The perspective drawing shows a 3 doors + 1 stack of drawers.

If you realised that there is more space after the actual site measurement, you should tell me. You dun plug in another door like that.

You should involve me (customer) for discussion on what can be done. The entire design can change when there is more space.

CONTRACTOR:

But i have showed you the perspective 3D drawing, i have told you that perspective drawing and the actual product cannot be exactly the same.

ME:

But what i am getting is totally different from the perspective drawing. The perspective drawing shows 3 doors. Now i have 4 doors. If there is additional space for the 4th door, then you should tell me, there could be another design. At the minimal, i should not be getting 2 big and 2 small doors and as a result the position of the stove also affected because of the additional space/4th door.

My concern is, why didnt you seek my approval or inputs on the kitchen design? The perspective drawing is afterall a drawing that your designer pluck out from the air at the beginning phase of the renovation when site measurement is NOT taken.

CONTRACTOR:

But the design is like that, we cannot be reporting to you on everything we do. Usually if the customer did not make any special request, we will just work according to the perspective drawing.

ME:

But the perspective design and the end-product is different design altogether. And after site measurement, i say again, you should have told me there is bigger space now. If you did't even tell me this how would i know that i have more space now?

Should i hold back the last 5% and talk to his boss...

of course lah.

if he can give you 4 door when you want 3 door, ask him to give you a system 4 aircon for the price of a system 3 aircon :D and a 4-rm flat for the price of a 3-rm flat (in the same location)

looks like he lost his sense of perspective :D

Edited by ossify

Hi gantan,

I guess your contractor was trying to take a shortcut by not informing you in advance before the works are conducted. Mine informed me straightaway after taking exact measurement on site. My kitchen upper cabinet on top of the sink area could not have equal length as I wanted the alum. door to flush with the length of my kitchen sink.

As consumer point of view in renovation, we hate surprises when they turn out awkward in our eyes. If you really find it a sore, either demand the last 5% as compensation or ask them to redo (highly not possible I believe).

Good luck dude ;)

of course lah.

if he can give you 4 door when you want 3 door, ask him to give you a system 4 aircon for the price of a system 3 aircon :D and a 4-rm flat for the price of a 3-rm flat (in the same location)

looks like he lost his sense of perspective :D

I was so furious then, he said the space is too big, if do 3 doors, the door will be very very wide, a bit out of proportion. But i told him that is not the main issue. The main issue is he did not rope me into the discussion on the kitchen design. Carpentry work is the most design-focused item in the whole house. Blardy **** he gives this kind of attitude.

Hi gantan,

I guess your contractor was trying to take a shortcut by not informing you in advance before the works are conducted. Mine informed me straightaway after taking exact measurement on site. My kitchen upper cabinet on top of the sink area could not have equal length as I wanted the alum. door to flush with the length of my kitchen sink.

As consumer point of view in renovation, we hate surprises when they turn out awkward in our eyes. If you really find it a sore, either demand the last 5% as compensation or ask them to redo (highly not possible I believe).

Good luck dude ;)

I am prepared to receive the goods as it is. Let them finish allthe outstanding works first. After CNY then i settle the kitchen cabinet issue. I hold on to the 5% first. Now cannot be so harsh because i need them to finish up the outstanding works!

Actually it depends on individual la,

if u think u can live with it,then suan le bah!

if u think u are too particular or the end result is eye-sore,then hold back the 5% and get him change lor,else,u gotta face it everyday. ;)

I fully agree, life has to go on somehow. I will settle this after CNY. Demand $$ compensation.

Not worth to get so angry over CNY...

2 days into staying in new house...

1. My 2-way tap, the side handle came loose and cannot fix it back.... Gotta call SSC....

2. The washing machine tap cannot fit my existing washing machine water pipe.

Can i just buy any brand outside that fits to replace? The washing machine is LG.

Anyone pls advise, thanks.

2 days into staying in new house...

1. My 2-way tap, the side handle came loose and cannot fix it back.... Gotta call SSC....

2. The washing machine tap cannot fit my existing washing machine water pipe.

Can i just buy any brand outside that fits to replace? The washing machine is LG.

Anyone pls advise, thanks.

please post a pic of your w/m tap. i'm worried you bought a tap that is not meant for w/m

also post a pic of both ends of the pipe that comes together with your w/m

Edited by ossify

Ok, this is the w/m tap that i bought, BUT NEVER install.

Because the plumber fish out his own w/m tap from his bag and install it.

I only realise it later on.

201002032224_337.jpg

This is the one that is installed:

201002032217_331.jpg

This is the water pipe, this end suppose to connect to the tap:

201002032217_332.jpg

This end suppose to connect to the washing machine inlet point.

201002032218_333.jpg

I think is the tap problem, cos my water pipe is the original one from LG.....

Edited by gantan88

haha i love your tv console!

btw, try connecting your own tap to the w/m water pipe. i think you need to get an adaptor, i don't see any screw threads on your w/m water pipe.

bring your pipe and tap to any hardware or DIY shop and ask them for the adaptor.

haha i love your tv console!

btw, try connecting your own tap to the w/m water pipe. i think you need to get an adaptor, i don't see any screw threads on your w/m water pipe.

bring your pipe and tap to any hardware or DIY shop and ask them for the adaptor.

My tv console is temporary.... tv also temporary... u wanna see my temporary shoe rack as well? haha... blocked by the clothes hanger...

if i use my own tap, i can force it into the hole. But on careful look, at 4 corners of the connector, there seems to have holes, dunno if for another adapter that comes with it, but when i move house, i accidentally throw it away or wat,,,

Um...

Ok, this is the w/m tap that i bought, BUT NEVER install.

Because the plumber fish out his own w/m tap from his bag and install it.

I only realise it later on.

201002032224_337.jpg

how much did you buy that tap for? i got something similar for $9 from IMM's Asia Excel.

i think it's quite odd for your plumber to fix his own tap for you... i guess he didn't ask you where's the w/m tap...

think you should ask him to replace the tap. or you DIY it. remember to turn off the water before replacing :D rather a waste for you to keep your tap unused since you already bought it.

those 4 holes look like screw holes. maybe you need to use screws to secure it. i dunno, my w/m pipe can be screwed directly into my w/m tap.

Edited by ossify