Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
goodman123

Anyone Buy Furniture From Jb Before

hi grace & limc hey i just saw this thread while searching bout something else.... can u all comment??

Visit My Website

hope u can see it, else it's under this posting

Shooping For Furnitures In Malaysia, Anyone heard of Miva Furniture?, scroll to posting no. 30

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi grace & limc hey i just saw this thread while searching bout something else.... can u all comment??

Visit My Website

hope u can see it, else it's under this posting

Shooping For Furnitures In Malaysia, Anyone heard of Miva Furniture?, scroll to posting no. 30

Hi noobhouse,

So end up how did you settle the 70% payment? You went down to JB again (before the delivery) to make the payment? Or you somehow wait till delivery (upon see ur goods) then only you pay the driver the remaining 70%??

Please share. As I'm in a similar condition now...waiting for my furniture to arrive in April, but the sales keep on asking me to pay the 70% now.!!

Hi noobhouse,

So end up how did you settle the 70% payment? You went down to JB again (before the delivery) to make the payment? Or you somehow wait till delivery (upon see ur goods) then only you pay the driver the remaining 70%??

Please share. As I'm in a similar condition now...waiting for my furniture to arrive in April, but the sales keep on asking me to pay the 70% now.!!

hi botaki, sorry i only saw this reply now. u're talking about soonly ann? for my case we did go down again but not to make balance payment. it's my friend who settled her 70% bal for her sofa. it was delivered to her as promised. we paid deposit for another small sofa we ordered. as someone here mentioned, it makes sense not to pay e balance to e delivery guy. what if he pocket the $ then tell the coy customer didn't pay? it'll be worse. It should be quite safe. & although e terms there state must settle in 3 mths (? can't rem), but u can discuss it with them. like my case i'll only prob arrange for delivery june or jul. so have yr good arrived?

We bought our dining table from Soonly Ann , Sofa and coffee table from Vanhoden..

anyone here also buy from Vanhoden ?

Saw Vanhoden poster online. They look good. How much did you buy the sofa and coffe table? Is the delivery charge expensive?

We bought our dining table from Soonly Ann , Sofa and coffee table from Vanhoden..

anyone here also buy from Vanhoden ?

hi u've the address & contacts for Vanhoden? easy to reach? thanks

I bought mine from JB as indicated in my signature. For payment terms, some business will deal with you on trust provided you really know the owner or deliver true to its words. Because my relative knows the boss of the furniture shop, the payment was settled one way or another.

The quality is pretty decent and sturdy. My bedframe is quite sturdy, will take 2-3 guys to carry out the bedhead itself as it is very heavy. So is the tv console and coffee table as well but for glass items which are really heavy - they are prone to cracks with time as with my coffee table somehow? :dunno: :dunno:

But for tax levy and transport cost, they can be waived if you purchase enough and the total cost is more than enough to absorb the levy and transport - this you need to negotiate with the shop itself.

Sorry for my late reply.

Saw Vanhoden poster online. They look good. How much did you buy the sofa and coffe table? Is the delivery charge expensive?

My damage for the L-sofa (half leather) + coffee table + 2 bar counter stools around RM4000 (including delivery and tax) , I cant remember the exact amount as the receipt with my spouse.

I find that price is still consider reasonable cos the design of my L-sofa is really special. The sales person told me that the design is from Italy (dont know how true lah, but I dont find them in Singapore). I will upload the photo soon.

hi u've the address & contacts for Vanhoden? easy to reach? thanks

Its at Taman Molek..

quite easy to reach as its opposite of Carrefour, turn into the first lane which indicate Taman Molek , all the way straight.

My overview of Vanhoden.

Good points

1) Some designs are unique and price is reasonable(still cheaper than Singapore).. If you are looking for furnitures which differ from Singapore, this may be the right place. I went to Miva, Lozenzo JB, Rustic.. their designs are similar.. nothing special, except prices much cheaper than Singapore

2) Wide range.. if you cant find anything from the display, they still have alot of designs (few hundreds) in their computer.

Bad points (Really make me angry) I regret to say that their service is bad.

1) They forget to deliver 2 bar counter chairs and the leather solution during the first delivery..

2) Waited whole day for them to deliver 2 bar counter chairs today... guess what.. only received them at 11pm !

Best part is that I've been calling them about 5 times.. from early noon to night. Keep telling me they checked and call me back but they didnt. So when I call back, they say "its on the way" , so I waited and waited.. until I flared up at 9.40pm (before they closed for the day).

I asked to speak to the boss or manager, the girl refuse to put me through (ask me why I want to talk to her boss and then tell me he is not around).. arrghhh

In the end, the girl asked me to go out (cos I havent take my dinner) and she says the delivery will call me one hour before they reached.

In fact, the delivery man did not call me one hour before.. he called me only when he reached.. still have the cheek to ask me what time can I reach.. so I have to rush back.. What a day!!

I bought my dining table from Soonly Ann.. very happy with them

1) Quality and Price is good (almost half price of Singapore!!

2) Delivery charges are the most reasonable. They charge 8% for delivery including levy. (also depends how much u buy ). Mine was RM800+ , so delivery less than RM80.

Other furniture shops charge via fix rate.. so if the amount u spend is small, then delivery becomes expensive

3) They deliver on time..

The only bad point is that varieties are limited and designs are very simple.

Just went and spent 10K at Miva, (Gucca Italia) , the price is around the same as soonly ann but better quality feel. Soonly Ann charge 18% extra regardless on the number of items. But Gucca italia charge only 7% GST / $100 RM levy (how many items also this amount, order more better) & $150 RM (Transport fee free if more than 5K).

If buy many items, go to Gucca Italia to buy but if buy 1-2 items, can go to soonly Ann....

For my case, Pay Extra 7% GST and $100 RM levy.

Between the quality, feel Gucca Italia better, but Soonly Ann have promotion which are cheaper but different materials, so is up to individual.

Manage to get some discount from the sales lady since buy around 10K......

Hope it can help you

Sorry for my late reply.

My damage for the L-sofa (half leather) + coffee table + 2 bar counter stools around RM4000 (including delivery and tax) , I cant remember the exact amount as the receipt with my spouse.

I find that price is still consider reasonable cos the design of my L-sofa is really special. The sales person told me that the design is from Italy (dont know how true lah, but I dont find them in Singapore). I will upload the photo soon.

Its at Taman Molek..

quite easy to reach as its opposite of Carrefour, turn into the first lane which indicate Taman Molek , all the way straight.

My overview of Vanhoden.

Good points

1) Some designs are unique and price is reasonable(still cheaper than Singapore).. If you are looking for furnitures which differ from Singapore, this may be the right place. I went to Miva, Lozenzo JB, Rustic.. their designs are similar.. nothing special, except prices much cheaper than Singapore

2) Wide range.. if you cant find anything from the display, they still have alot of designs (few hundreds) in their computer.

Bad points (Really make me angry) I regret to say that their service is bad.

1) They forget to deliver 2 bar counter chairs and the leather solution during the first delivery..

2) Waited whole day for them to deliver 2 bar counter chairs today... guess what.. only received them at 11pm !

Best part is that I've been calling them about 5 times.. from early noon to night. Keep telling me they checked and call me back but they didnt. So when I call back, they say "its on the way" , so I waited and waited.. until I flared up at 9.40pm (before they closed for the day).

I asked to speak to the boss or manager, the girl refuse to put me through (ask me why I want to talk to her boss and then tell me he is not around).. arrghhh

In the end, the girl asked me to go out (cos I havent take my dinner) and she says the delivery will call me one hour before they reached.

In fact, the delivery man did not call me one hour before.. he called me only when he reached.. still have the cheek to ask me what time can I reach.. so I have to rush back.. What a day!!

I bought my dining table from Soonly Ann.. very happy with them

1) Quality and Price is good (almost half price of Singapore!!

2) Delivery charges are the most reasonable. They charge 8% for delivery including levy. (also depends how much u buy ). Mine was RM800+ , so delivery less than RM80.

Other furniture shops charge via fix rate.. so if the amount u spend is small, then delivery becomes expensive

3) They deliver on time..

The only bad point is that varieties are limited and designs are very simple.

Hi noobhouse, leonbelmont and skyearth,

Can i know you all have rec'd your furniture already?

Just made purchase at Soonly Ann yesterday ard RM6000+ . A bit worry now.....

Hope you all can share the your delivery experience on Soonly Ann.

They are no willing to reduce the 18% Tax and Levy at all. Now problem is that my HB very unhappy with their service and refuse to go down again for 2nd payment but payment by Local Bank Transfer.

May i know if i will to go down again, how to get there via Taxi?

Hi noobhouse, leonbelmont and skyearth,

Can i know you all have rec'd your furniture already?

Just made purchase at Soonly Ann yesterday ard RM6000+ . A bit worry now.....

Hope you all can share the your delivery experience on Soonly Ann.

They are no willing to reduce the 18% Tax and Levy at all. Now problem is that my HB very unhappy with their service and refuse to go down again for 2nd payment but payment by Local Bank Transfer.

May i know if i will to go down again, how to get there via Taxi?

hi hi, just replied u. :paint:

hi hi, just replied u. :paint:

Hi noobhouse,

Have purchase a Queen Goodnite Nano Spring Mattress with Divan. Awating for delivery on 12 Jun.

Hope everything is ok..... :unsure:

Hi noobhouse,

Have purchase a Queen Goodnite Nano Spring Mattress with Divan. Awating for delivery on 12 Jun.

Hope everything is ok..... :unsure:

eh Divan is brand name or shop name? wa's nano spring? issit invidual pocketed coils? so only mattress no headrest? how much did it costs u? sorry ask so much, am now considering bed now. wah nxt wk delivery... must be eagerly waiting. :D