Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Hi all,

Is it possible that i engage an ID for design, project management etc etc but i used my own carpenter, plumber, electrician instead of using those by the ID? I would still need the ID to liaise with my contractors and oversee the whole reno progress. Is this possible? In that case how is the ID gg to quote me?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Is it possible that i engage an ID for design, project management etc etc but i used my own carpenter, plumber, electrician instead of using those by the ID? I would still need the ID to liaise with my contractors and oversee the whole reno progress. Is this possible? In that case how is the ID gg to quote me?

i really do not recommend it because its not going to benefit any party.

i doubt you can save much either

if you are the ID and now i ask you to work with contractors whom you are not familiar with, its harder to match working style. Will the contractor listen to ID and come back for retification? Perhaps not cos its a once off business. ID work with contractors they are familiar on a regular and long term basis so there is ongoing and future interest.

Edited by zhiz

after weeks of searching ID/contractor, asking for quotation.

Some reply , some don't

Too many information until head very big

feel like , throwing all the contract who given quotation inside a box and shake it out.

See which is the lucky winner.

Some reply , some don't

feel like , throwing all the contract who given quotation inside a box and shake it out.

hahah fun or not.....

need any recommendation? I got some ID to recommend if you want

Edited by zhiz

hahah fun or not.....

need any recommendation? I got some ID to recommend if you want

ya.. very fun

By the time, finish all this process.

Don't know how many brain cell will dead

Don't think need ID or not.

Our work basically is the kitchen.

Don't know should keep the kitchen top or not

Don't know should keep that door (separate the kitchen and the dinning area) or not

Don't know should this, should that

So many unknown

May be in the end, I piss off, Tell my husband, double up our budget and re-do everything.

ya.. very fun

By the time, finish all this process.

Don't know how many brain cell will dead

Don't think need ID or not.

Our work basically is the kitchen.

Don't know should keep the kitchen top or not

Don't know should keep that door (separate the kitchen and the dinning area) or not

Don't know should this, should that

So many unknown

May be in the end, I piss off, Tell my husband, double up our budget and re-do everything.

haha actually just redo everything and no regrets :)

once move in liao, wanna do, also cannot.

Hi Zhiz,

Read most of your entries and find that you are meticulous. Great job! And u are so right about the process of looking for an id/contractor and the renovation headaches that will come along! im new here and would be getting my keys in jul so im starting to find the right id/contractor for my 2bedder. Could you pls PM or email me at janvida@gmail.com for your ID contact? Thanks so much... and i think i would be troubling you alot more in the near future for more help and knowledge! hehe.. thanks again!

Cheers!

sometimes females one not bad. cos can handle my wife better. haha.

but yes its good to talk to a few id for more ideas as well.

Totally agreed. My ID is a female also and she know what my wife actually wants. After all the renovation, me and my wife very happy with her works. Her company is also registered with HDB and I've no worries handing the reno over to her.

Totally agreed. My ID is a female also and she know what my wife actually wants. After all the renovation, me and my wife very happy with her works. Her company is also registered with HDB and I've no worries handing the reno over to her.

Haha if the OC is happy, we are happy!

In choosing an ID, Don't be misled by their CASETRUST Certification.

Please note. CASETrust is issued to a company not because of it's quality or service is good but that the company is dedicated in solving any issue arising from any sale/contract.

In the past, I did not understand that and had blamed Case for issuing their certification to a company that is bad on service.

See the meaning of CASE Trust: http://www.casetrust.org.sg/

Remember, IDs who have display CASE Trust doesn't mean they are good in their service or profession. It meant any problem arising can be solved but may cause you wasted time, frustration and resources.

The best way to engage a ID is by a recommendation from a friend who had experienced their work. Just as stated in this thread

I have learnt the hard way.

Some reply , some don't

hahaha...i like your expression. Dats very cute..

Ya..It is a big big headache..I did months searching for a reliable one. When i am about to sign, I find out about something about this companyand that...Haiyooyo...

Finally have to made up mind lor...Hopefully all goes well.. Check out my blog. I have my reno updates...