Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyway my reno is around 75%-80% completed. Quite happy that the whole experience has been smooth and relaxing just like my friend's experience.

I updated pics in my t-blog :)

Thanks for your warning

We can refer to this HDB link to check for licensed HDB Contractor

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos118p.nsf/Li...Company%20Name/

Unable able to find my ID on HDB registered renovation contractor website.

Then I realise quite a number of IDs recommended in Magazines are not inside the list. Is it that they use contractor under different names? And these IDs are purely IDs? Thats where not listed?

Pls advise. Thank you.

I set high standard. I tell them i don't like to talk nonsense. I need status updates, if they can't provide that service...then we don't waste each other time. I want them to firm down the contract end date. This end date should include rectification time. And I usually choose experienced and mature designers. Cause their EQ are better.

This method works..well.

Yup, i agree with you. My reno contractor is ard 40++ has 20++yrs experience, he can handsketch and draw very well better than some young cool id i have spoken too.Many so called "ID" cant even interprete in handsketch making discussion difficult. Some when come to co - ordination and controling workers are lost. :bangwall: but most importantly, he was refered by frds and relatives.now like family frds liao.

Unable able to find my ID on HDB registered renovation contractor website.

Then I realise quite a number of IDs recommended in Magazines are not inside the list. Is it that they use contractor under different names? And these IDs are purely IDs? Thats where not listed?

Pls advise. Thank you.

means they got no hdb license, or their license is as another company name

Think it's quite interesting to listen to different IDs' ideas too! We got some ideas during our selection process and now we can propose some of those to our ID. Some of those designs he would know but then did not propose to us cos just giving us the "standard" item - e.g. L-boxes. But cos we saw some of the more interesting ceiling works designs, we decided to go for them. Ceiling works starting this week! Will update how it turns out eventually. :)

Male IDs good la... perhaps can communicate better with those hokkien-speaking uncle contractors... :P

Think it's quite interesting to listen to different IDs' ideas too! We got some ideas during our selection process and now we can propose some of those to our ID. Some of those designs he would know but then did not propose to us cos just giving us the "standard" item - e.g. L-boxes. But cos we saw some of the more interesting ceiling works designs, we decided to go for them. Ceiling works starting this week! Will update how it turns out eventually. :)

Male IDs good la... perhaps can communicate better with those hokkien-speaking uncle contractors... :P

sometimes females one not bad. cos can handle my wife better. haha.

but yes its good to talk to a few id for more ideas as well.

sometimes females one not bad. cos can handle my wife better. haha.

but yes its good to talk to a few id for more ideas as well.

Hi Zhiz,

Congrats on your new home. Do you mind pm me your ID? Thanks in advanced.

Hi Zhiz,

Congrats on your new home. Do you mind pm me your ID? Thanks in advanced.

the last time i checked his ID is loaded , so not accepting any more new project. :) :)

the last time i checked his ID is loaded , so not accepting any more new project. :) :)

Yeah I think she is a little packed now but depends on when the project starts also.

If not mistaken, she has passed on some referrals to her colleagues and some forumers signed up with her colleagues also.

Yeah I think she is a little packed now but depends on when the project starts also.

If not mistaken, she has passed on some referrals to her colleagues and some forumers signed up with her colleagues also.

eg. Me .. not yet sign but going through the process =) :P