Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ylikethat

Do You Think Agent Going To Sue Us?

"Proforma invoice" simply means "draft". Legally means nothing, and do not have to worry at all. If u really get a Writ of Summons, mai tu liao, u go get Senior Counsel represent u to claim trial. The industry asking to bring cases to High Court let the whole world see their activities. If other party back down, they pay your SC fees. Nice hor.

have submitted a letter to the company to find out the facts before simply just sending a performa invoice to landlords and tenants to ask for comms. In fact, the stated amount for the commission is based on the previous rental fees which is incorrect for the new agreement that tenants n landlord had signed in the new agreement. Why the company just take the words of the agent to ask for that amount of commission w/o any documentation proof? Would wait for the company to get back to us before we blow up the case. There were several occasions when we wanted to call police as the agent were harassing and pestering both sides.

All these nonsense from agents and their agencies have to be stopped. If the agents are doing a good job, helping to do all the applications, checking on tenants particulars, updating tenants info when there is changes then they deserved to be paid a commission. But the agent did NOTHING! merely collected commission from both sides, 'disappeared' and 'reappear' just few months before the tenancy agreement expires and start pestering both sides to extend the agreement so that he can jolly well collect the commissions. Landlords and tenants have to be 'slaved' to this agent, i.e to pay commissions to them every single year? Tenants cant move out and still has to pay the agent commissions if one day they decided to rent the same place again? Not forgetting landlords, are they also liable to pay the agent commission in such scenario?

Very pissed off with this agent because he is not doing anything and just want to collect commissions!

Edited by ylikethat

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow, looks like it is going to come down to a legal battle. Keep us updated k?

Anyway just fyi, all the years I have been renting, I never paid commission to the agent after the first year. Even though landlord and I had a new contract because of different rentals and minor details.

So, I find it ridiculous for an agent to just collect rent every year for practically doing nothing, in your case.

Hmm.. take the lawyer letter, and call up New Paper. If what u describe is true, this will really make the industry look bad. Ensure that the lawyer letter has the name of the agency involved.

well going to the press might not be appropriate since both landlord and tenants are involved.

IEA just informed that the agent concerned is not their member so they cant do anything. Though the agency concerned is a member of IEA but individual agents from that agency has to join IEA then its their member. Crap!!!!! Also advised next time to get their member to carry out any transaction. WTF! how would people know who are their members especially for old folks concerned.

well going to the press might not be appropriate since both landlord and tenants are involved.

IEA just informed that the agent concerned is not their member so they cant do anything. Though the agency concerned is a member of IEA but individual agents from that agency has to join IEA then its their member. Crap!!!!! Also advised next time to get their member to carry out any transaction. WTF! how would people know who are their members especially for old folks concerned.

Totally agreed. IEA is just another weakling, that is the agents must sign up with them so they can take charge of any matters.

Even then, they do not handles complaints, only matters eg. cheating of money.

Who sent u the invoice? The agent or the agency?

This issue is between landlord and the one who sent u the invoice, which I assume is the agency. Nothing to do with tenant. Alternatively, u can complain to IRAS, who licenses the agency. The govt is now doing public consultation regarding new real estate agency rules. This is not the best time for agencies to show their bad side. Take advantage of the current climate.

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/newsroom/newsrelease...ews09102009.htm

Who sent u the invoice? The agent or the agency?

This issue is between landlord and the one who sent u the invoice, which I assume is the agency. Nothing to do with tenant. Alternatively, u can complain to IRAS, who licenses the agency. The govt is now doing public consultation regarding new real estate agency rules. This is not the best time for agencies to show their bad side. Take advantage of the current climate.

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/newsroom/newsrelease...ews09102009.htm

interesting but I thought the consultation is already over?

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/RealEstateReview/consultation.html

Consultation is over, but I am not asking ppl to give comments there.

Take this opportunity to add fuel to the fire. There were a few instances when ppl brought up to the press regarding agency issues, the agencies apologised. I always thot this recontracting cluase was very distasteful.

Consultation is over, but I am not asking ppl to give comments there.

Take this opportunity to add fuel to the fire. There were a few instances when ppl brought up to the press regarding agency issues, the agencies apologised. I always thot this recontracting cluase was very distasteful.

ya, then i think its worth a try to get back at the agency and the agent if threat starter decide to go to the media. I always thought the recontracting clause is very distasteful and some bodies must step in to correct this.

Edited by born_again