Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey M

Somewhere Over The Rainbow In Jurong West~~

Mickey,

To me then color disparity, it is ok, not really obvious, unless u pointed out the differences...

And like yr ID said, closed the door, cannot see it at all.

If this is my hse, I can lived with this...but then again, it depends on u and wifey...

if it really bothers both of u, then redo it. :)

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

usually people put a T-strip between 2 different stretches of parquet. so maybe you can consider that. that division may help?

hi Butterfingerzz! Merry Christmas!

Can you show me how does a T-bar looks like? I visualize it will look abit strange because there is a T-Bar for this room and not the other rooms.

Merry Christmas Mickey!

i have this for my laminated floor, im not sure if it applies to parquet hor... but like u say it would be a bit weird if only one room n not the rest...

bar2.jpg

joins 2 different floorings..

bar1.jpg

if its my house, i'm more than happy with it as its parquet throughout. But like what the rest said, it depends on you. A perfectionist has to get everything perfect but what's the possibility of closing one or two eyes on such occasions? Maybe a thin door mat might do the trick.

Guys and Gals, thanks for all the input! :D

Really appreciate it. Arigato!!! :D

Thanks butterfingerzz. Now I know that is a t-bar.

As what born again said, a thin door mat will do the trick. Or even without it, I will get use to it eventually. That is what I think also. But my finance minister will have the final say lor. Hahaha.

To shed abit more light on the house reno, the flooring layout is divided into 4 areas. Mini living hall, main living hall+garden area, kitchen and rooms+walkway. We raised the height of flooring for the kitchen and main living hall+garden area to have a clear distinction of each area. :)

ya,it depends on the owner,since he is paying for the service,haha.

My reno is not 100% perfect,but i am happy with it.

i always tell myself,nothing is forever..so is human,we will die one day too.... :(

so i try to make-do with everything and be happy everyday :D

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

make-do and be happy.

ya,it depends on the owner,since he is paying for the service,haha.

My reno is not 100% perfect,but i am happy with it.

i always tell myself,nothing is forever..so is human,we will die one day too.... :(

so i try to make-do with everything and be happy everyday :D

Yup yup, I agree. Actually, our new shower glass is very clear but from the side, abit greenish. Then I asked ID. He said normal tempered glass is like that unless we want crystal clear glass. I told wifey to accept it la. Nothing is perfect all the time. Now I have to tell her to accept the flooring also. Hopefully she accept. Hee.

sometime wife have to listen to hubby..

Battle of both sexes! :horse:

Hahaha, cannot la, wifey brings back more dough than me. And I think her opinion counts. :)

hi mickey! the floor looks ok to me though..

do post more pics hor.. hehe

hope u had a great christmas with your loved ones!

U also think okie la. I hope you had a gd time too! :D

Do you think you can accept and live with this?

With flash.

DSCF2751.jpg

No flash.

DSCF2752.jpg

is it possible to put like a T-bar at the joints? maybe it wont be as obvious... cos for my laminated flooring there's t-bar to join the laminated floor n tiles.. not sure if it works for parquet?

Hi, may i know if you have changed your bedroom doors or just painted them?

hope u had a great christmas mickey! abit late though.. oops :P

anyway i think i only see the colour disparity when u point it out or just because u aim the camera at the floor :D but with furniture in and u just walking in and out, i think u wont realise it in the future...

just because the house is empty now, the incorrect areas just stick out to us la, but still its ur house, ure the one living in it.. so do it ur way and be happy with it! ;)

Paint. :) U saw something in the pic which I didn't realise la?

hee dun worry i din spot anything... juz curious coz my ID say our doors cant be painted, will leave ugly paint strokes due to the wood grain... btw im staying in the same estate as well... did you encounter any problem painting your doors? would you be able to take a closeup shot of your painted doors?

Edited by baby_ayumi

Hi Mickey,

Is there a conclusion to the flooring yet? the pic with flash looks fine but the one without looks a bit obvious. Do you guys have the habit of leaving the bedroom doors open most of the time?

And this happens to one room only is it?

hee dun worry i din spot anything... juz curious coz my ID say our doors cant be painted, will leave ugly paint strokes due to the wood grain... btw im staying in the same estate as well... did you encounter any problem painting your doors? would you be able to take a closeup shot of your painted doors?

Hihi. I don't have any issue at all. Even similar wooden doors at my parents' place are painted. I don't see any obvious paint strokes at all. My doors are not fully painted yet. Only the 1st coat. Once it is almost/fully done, I will take a closeup shot for u. For those of us who have wooden doors, I think we do paint them. So I think it can be painted without leaving any ugly strokes.

Hi Mickey,

Is there a conclusion to the flooring yet? the pic with flash looks fine but the one without looks a bit obvious. Do you guys have the habit of leaving the bedroom doors open most of the time?

And this happens to one room only is it?

Hi Annjoy. We have the habit of leaving the doors open when we are not in the rooms. It is just one room with the problem. No conclusion yet. Still probing over it. Haha.