Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lihsin

Our Home At Tampines

Study Light: (The pattern at the sides matches the laminate we are using for our bookshelves)

IMG_2080.jpg

The bath room lights are smaller versions of these rectangular lights. We also bought 19 down lights from them, $24 each. For master bedroom, we are installing a ceiling fan that comes with the following light:

5IN1-MODERN.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As we were unable to find a living room light that we like at Lightings.com.sg, we went to Design Light at Jalan Besar which we have visited before. We were served by a friendly and knowledgeable uncle Albert. We had quite a pleasant experience there and we bought spot lights for our artificial tree as well as the living room light :).

Our Living Room Light with LED lights turned on:

IMG_2085.jpg

Our Living Room Light with Halogen lights turned on:

IMG_2086.jpg

Somehow it doesn't look as bright in the photo as it should be :( .

6 more days to collecting the keys :rolleyes: . It has been such a long wait and finally we are going to start renovation next week! Though there will be a long break in between due to CNY, at least we will be able to start seeing our house taking shape :P . After many email and face-to-face discussions with our ID, we have modified the original design quite a bit, mostly in the colour scheme and dimesinons of the carpentry. I am thinking maybe I should compile a list of all the modifications that we have requested and send it to my ID in case he has forgotten.

Before the start of the renovation process, maybe I should post some 3D drawings of the new design:

Master Bathroom Original Design:

MBRtoilet.jpg

Master Bathroom New Design:

MBRtoiletNew.jpg

Bedroom 3 Original Design:

Bedroom3.jpg

Bedroom 3 New Design:

Bedroom3New.jpg

Personally I prefer the stronger contrast in colours in the new design for bedroom 3 wardrobe. The choice of tiles for the MBR bathroom is to give a 'hotel' feel. Hopefully the effect turns out well :unsure:

Edited by SGK

I also receive the 3D visualisation of the balcony from my ID. Unfortunately he did not include any furniture :( .

Balcony.jpg

My wife and I cannot decide whether we should put high stools and tables at the balcony or those of normal heights. If we choose the former, we will have a better view of the scenery outside (no seaview or lakeview, but at least it is quite unblocked :P ). But it is difficult to relax yourself sitting on high stools. Anyone got any suggestions?

We have finally gotten the keys of our house:dancingqueen:, two days before the second appointment. We went down to do a thorough check of the house, mainly on the dimensions to make sure that the carpentries will fit into the house. Hacking will start on 9 Feb, so we took some pictures to keep a record of the layout /condition of the house before everything is torn down. So here we go:

Entrance View:

IMG_2097.jpg

Living Room (from entrance):

IMG_2101.jpg

Living Room (from balcony):

IMG_2106.jpg

We have finally gotten the keys of our house:dancingqueen:, two days before the second appointment. We went down to do a thorough check of the house, mainly on the dimensions to make sure that the carpentries will fit into the house. Hacking will start on 9 Feb, so we took some pictures to keep a record of the layout /condition of the house before everything is torn down. So here we go:

Entrance View:

IMG_2097.jpg

Living Room (from entrance):

IMG_2101.jpg

Living Room (from balcony):

IMG_2106.jpg

congratZ bro! ahhaha cant wait for your transformation =D

View from Master Bedroom:

IMG_2088.jpg

View from Bedroom 3 (TPE and Pasir Ris):

IMG_2013.jpg

6 more days to collecting the keys :rolleyes: . It has been such a long wait and finally we are going to start renovation next week! Though there will be a long break in between due to CNY, at least we will be able to start seeing our house taking shape :P . After many email and face-to-face discussions with our ID, we have modified the original design quite a bit, mostly in the colour scheme and dimesinons of the carpentry. I am thinking maybe I should compile a list of all the modifications that we have requested and send it to my ID in case he has forgotten.

Before the start of the renovation process, maybe I should post some 3D drawings of the new design:

Master Bathroom Original Design:

MBRtoilet.jpg

Master Bathroom New Design:

MBRtoiletNew.jpg

Bedroom 3 Original Design:

Bedroom3.jpg

Bedroom 3 New Design:

Bedroom3New.jpg

Personally I prefer the stronger contrast in colours in the new design for bedroom 3 wardrobe. The choice of tiles for the MBR bathroom is to give a 'hotel' feel. Hopefully the effect turns out well :unsure:

personally i think the original mbr toilet design looks better ;)

Edited by cher

I also receive the 3D visualisation of the balcony from my ID. Unfortunately he did not include any furniture :( .

Balcony.jpg

My wife and I cannot decide whether we should put high stools and tables at the balcony or those of normal heights. If we choose the former, we will have a better view of the scenery outside (no seaview or lakeview, but at least it is quite unblocked :P ). But it is difficult to relax yourself sitting on high stools. Anyone got any suggestions?

can consider changing a new set of sliding door and remove the ext'g windows and grilles at the balcony. balcony is meant to be open. can forget about the raise platform. use the cost for a new set of sliding door. ;)