Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lihsin

Our Home At Tampines

Hi all,

I bought a resale EA at Tampines and is now in the process of selecting an ID to do an overhaul. My budget is around 50k to 60k. I have been reading the many interesting and informative posts in this forum and would like to also share my reno experience with everyone. But then I have nothing much to share yet because I am still at a very early stage of my reno. In fact my first appointment is on 28 Dec 09 so still got a long way to go. But I can't wait to start my own blog so here I am :)

Here is my original floor plan:

FloorPlan0002.gif

The design I have in mind is:

floorplan0001.jpg

I drew the design myself using microsoft word so it is not very professional. Any comments? The study is surrounded by glass walls.

The MBR is combined with a smaller bedroom to give more space. But then my air con will have to work extra hard and my power bill will also be extra high :( . Any suggestions?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I bought a resale EA at Tampines and is now in the process of selecting an ID to do an overhaul. My budget is around 50k to 60k. I have been reading the many interesting and informative posts in this forum and would like to also share my reno experience with everyone. But then I have nothing much to share yet because I am still at a very early stage of my reno. In fact my first appointment is on 28 Dec 09 so still got a long way to go. But I can't wait to start my own blog so here I am :)

Here is my original floor plan:

FloorPlan0002.gif

The design I have in mind is:

floorplan0001.jpg

I drew the design myself using microsoft word so it is not very professional. Any comments? The study is surrounded by glass walls.

The MBR is combined with a smaller bedroom to give more space. But then my air con will have to work extra hard and my power bill will also be extra high :( . Any suggestions?

Hi future Tampines neighbour!

Welcome to RT! You really have a BIG house.. :)

Saw the design you have... I thought the dressing table and the side table seems to be too close...

will you be checking with any fengshui master for your house? if yes, you may want to find out where is the best place to place the bed.

hv fun in your reno process!

Hi future Tampines neighbour!

Welcome to RT! You really have a BIG house.. :)

Saw the design you have... I thought the dressing table and the side table seems to be too close...

will you be checking with any fengshui master for your house? if yes, you may want to find out where is the best place to place the bed.

hv fun in your reno process!

Hi rainbowgal,

thanks for the warm welcome adn suggestion. One of our IDs also says that. He suggests that we combine the two into one piece. Anyway I anyhow draw, not to scale, so it may look cluttered on the floorplan :P

My WTB and myself don't believe in fengshui so we will just place the bed based on the shape of the room :)

Welcome and congrates on ur new home. :)

Maybe you can consider shifting your dressing counter to the WIW area, so that everything can be together. You won't need to bath, wear clothes and then go to another area to do make-up, etc. Then that corner can be a decor corner for pics, candles, etc. :)

Wah another future tampines neighbour

Welcome welcome :D

may i know where is your block ? :D

yeah which block.

me is st 91 there....

yeah which block.

me is st 91 there....

Wah your place very near to mine wor :o :o

block 900 + de

just across the road nia :D

Edited by coffee_o

Welcome and congrates on ur new home. :)

Maybe you can consider shifting your dressing counter to the WIW area, so that everything can be together. You won't need to bath, wear clothes and then go to another area to do make-up, etc. Then that corner can be a decor corner for pics, candles, etc. :)

Hi Angel,

that's a good suggestion. We will discuss it with our ID. :)

yeah which block.

me is st 91 there....

Mine is at street 43, block 495F. The window besides the bed overlooks TPE and Pasir Ris. I'm a little bit concerned about the noise at night, and of course the air-con bill due to the enlarged MBR. One ID suggests building one more sliding door at the featured wall / TV console in the MBR, but that means we have to open 3 doors to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. :unsure:

By the way, we have seen 7 IDs, of which two did not get back to us after the first meetings. Anyway I have also deleted their names from my list after talking to them. One of them kept highlighting that they are very established and have many certifications but was not interested in listening to our needs. Even though we have told her we are looking for a complete package, she repeatedly tried to make us sign up for their kitchen/bathroom package and that really put me off. The other one is an uncle who was a contractor turned designer. He is quite friendly but he proposed hacking so many parts of my house that I think is a waste of money.

So now I am left with One Design Concept, ****, Ciseern, ***** and Earnest. The first two have given their quotes, with One Design's being on the high side. Any feedback about these IDs? :)

Hello Neighbour,

Than im the nearest to you .. Im at St 41, block 405.

opp library there...

I have been to ***** before too, totally not interested maybe cuz i cant clicked with the ID

I found **** not bad, but I drop off my list too, cuz i cant find their company name listed in the HDB list of approve renovators.

I ask the ID about it, are they HDB-registered, he didnt exactly know what im asking and told me that the contractor they using are.

So i didnt engage them in e end, also their quote was over my budget too. But i would say their design and ideas are impressive thou

By the way, we have seen 7 IDs, of which two did not get back to us after the first meetings. Anyway I have also deleted their names from my list after talking to them. One of them kept highlighting that they are very established and have many certifications but was not interested in listening to our needs. Even though we have told her we are looking for a complete package, she repeatedly tried to make us sign up for their kitchen/bathroom package and that really put me off. The other one is an uncle who was a contractor turned designer. He is quite friendly but he proposed hacking so many parts of my house that I think is a waste of money.

So now I am left with One Design Concept, ****, Ciseern, ***** and Earnest. The first two have given their quotes, with One Design's being on the high side. Any feedback about these IDs? :)

cissern and ***** is more pricey right?

personally dun like those expo roadshow IDs.