Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lihsin

Our Home At Tampines

wah thanks SGK! Thanks a great lobang!!

No problem. The best part is when my wife and myself heard the price of the chairs from the lady shop owner and repeated it in disbelief, she thought that we meant that the price is too high and immediately said the price is negotiable, depending on how many pieces we are buying :) . When she heard that our house will only be ready by next April the earliest, she told us to place our order only in Feb. This is completely opposite to the sales people from all other shops who kept pressurizing us to buy immediately in case the particular design is sold out when we return to order.

Edited by SGK

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No problem. The best part is when my wife and myself heard the price of the chairs from the lady shop owner and repeated it in disbelief, she thought that we meant that the price is too high and immediately said the price is negotiable, depending on how many pieces we are buying :) . When she heard that our house will only be ready by next April the earliest, she told us to place our order only in Feb. This is completely opposite to the sales people from all other shops who kept pressurizing us to buy immediately in case the particular design is sold out when we return to order.

That's good! Esp you might be able to see more designs by then and get something even nicer!! That's good service. :)

Haven't posted anyhting for the past few weeks because my ID was unable to send me the remaining 3D pics due to his busy schedule. But he promised to show us the drawings together with the laminate when we see him in the coming Saturday. Will put up more pics then.

We also went back to Living Vision with him to finalise the colours for the furniture last week. Some unhappiness arise initially because the shop owner told us we cannot change the dining chairs to white as promised unless we top up $. But we insisted that we have agreed on white chairs before we paid the deposit. Finally they agreed to try their best to see if they can get the white chairs for us. At that moment, I thought this is just their tactic to increase their profit because they have probably given us too big a discount earlier. But a few days later, I receive a call from them that they are able to give us the chairs in white without additional charges. My wife and I were delighted and I think Living Vision is still an honest furniture distributor.

8 more days to first appointment. When will my second appointment be... :(

Edited by SGK

Just received the 3D drawings for the bathrooms from my ID:

Common Bathroom:

CommonToilet.jpg

MBR Bathroom:

MBRtoilet.jpg

I find the designs a bit plain, especially the vanity tops look really pale. Will be discussing with my ID this Saturday on improving the design.

Merry Christmas :) .

Just received the 3D drawings for the bathrooms from my ID:

Common Bathroom:

CommonToilet.jpg

MBR Bathroom:

MBRtoilet.jpg

I find the designs a bit plain, especially the vanity tops look really pale. Will be discussing with my ID this Saturday on improving the design.

Merry Christmas :) .

Hi SGK,

I like the 3D for the mbr toilet. I personally prefer sleek design.

Think u feel it plain could be ur ID din incl. some greens to present on the drawing. With some small indoor plant, the mbr toilet will look totally different.

Hope u dun mind on my comments.

Oh yes, comfort design.....was there wif my hubby couple of wks ago....we din get any cos hubby dun like it. Tis shop is veri popular wif designers for cheap replica stuff. or example the Eames chair in original can cost u more than 8-10k depending on the series. Maybe I will shld try to convict my hubby getting the Eames again..... :(

Merry Christmas to u, SGK and have a smooth renovation. :)

Edited by Pomme

Hi SGK,

I like the 3D for the mbr toilet. I personally prefer sleek design.

Think u feel it plain could be ur ID din incl. some greens to present on the drawing. With some small indoor plant, the mbr toilet will look totally different.

Hope u dun mind on my comments.

Oh yes, comfort design.....was there wif my hubby couple of wks ago....we din get any cos hubby dun like it. Tis shop is veri popular wif designers for cheap replica stuff. or example the Eames chair in original can cost u more than 8-10k depending on the series. Maybe I will shld try to convict my hubby getting the Eames again..... :(

Merry Christmas to u, SGK and have a smooth renovation. :)

Thanks for the good suggestion. I will discuss with my ID on including some plants :).

ya i prefer the sleek design too... :D

suggestion though.. for ur common bathroom, think the shelvings for ur toiletries is a low? cos my hubby's old place shampoo n stuff quite low also, troublesome to keep bending down to reach for stuff..

ya i prefer the sleek design too... :D

suggestion though.. for ur common bathroom, think the shelvings for ur toiletries is a low? cos my hubby's old place shampoo n stuff quite low also, troublesome to keep bending down to reach for stuff..

Based on the pictures I took of the bathrooms, the shelvings go all the way to the bathroom windows. My ID remember the height wrongly :).

We met him this afternoon to choose the laminates for all our carpentries and the paint colour. We also discussed using a dark colour vanity top, and using different tiles or mosiacs to beautify the bathrooms. Hope to get the new 3D drawings soon and I will upload for everyone to comment :).

This morning we went for our first appointment and we agreed with the sellers that the second appointment will be 8 February. However, knowing that we hope to start our reno by end January, they will tell their lawyer to speed up the purchase of their condo so that they can shift out as early as possible. We are really hopping to start the reno by end Jan because our ID says that if we can start the reno 2 weeks before CNY he will try his best to complete the reno before our wedding in mid March. Let's hope everything goes smoothly :).

The drawings are looking gd. Personally, I do feel the toilets are abit plain. But I think the design theme is on the sleek end. So it draws a better relationship between each individual area. I also believe putting some small plants will do the trick, especially when you will have plants in the study room also. Do upload the revised 3d drawings. :)

The drawings are looking gd. Personally, I do feel the toilets are abit plain. But I think the design theme is on the sleek end. So it draws a better relationship between each individual area. I also believe putting some small plants will do the trick, especially when you will have plants in the study room also. Do upload the revised 3d drawings. :)

Thanks. My ID says he will give us the revised drawings after we select the tiles. But then I think I should request for the revised drawings so that I know what tiles to choose. We are choosing tiles in mid January, so I will need him, or maybe his computer, to work hard for me :) .

Some revised drawings:

Living Room (BF counter is raised):

LivingRoom2.jpg

Dining Room (The dining set is changed to the one we bought):

DiningArea2.jpg

Wet Kitchen (cabinets are now outlined in red):

WetKitchen2.jpg

and Bedroom3, which consists only wardrobes:

Bedroom3.jpg

Any comments, especially for bedroom 3?

Some revised drawings:

Living Room (BF counter is raised):

LivingRoom2.jpg

Dining Room (The dining set is changed to the one we bought):

DiningArea2.jpg

Wet Kitchen (cabinets are now outlined in red):

WetKitchen2.jpg

and Bedroom3, which consists only wardrobes:

Bedroom3.jpg

Any comments, especially for bedroom 3?

Very nice... How much will you need to pay for all the setup shown?

Very nice... How much will you need to pay for all the setup shown?

the reno cost is 60k. Rather high because i have many built in cabinets, such as wardrobes, study, feature walls, storage cabinet in dining room, shoes cabinets etc. I paid $6888 for the dining set + 2 high chairs for BF counter + bed and matress + bedside table+ leather sofa (3+1) + coffee table, all from Living Vision. This I think is quite cheap after checking out prices for individual items in other shops :).

We just booked a LG system 4 Inverter from Gain City IMM. Total damage is $3299 not including the extended 5-year warranty. Now I have a few questions:

1. The extended warranty costs $399. Is it useful? We are likely to use only the air cons in the study and MBR more often, say every evening during the hotter months. Will we need the warranty? I read from this forum that LG air cons are cheap but their parts are expensive. The Gain City salesperson did not tell me that.

2. The current air cons are still in good condition. How much can I sell them away? Gain City says we don't have to pay for their removal ($150) provided we give them the old air con. But if I can sell them at more than $150 then why not I just pay Gain City $150?

Can any experts give some advice?